Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
8080 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:23 pm

mholloway wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:20 pm
raymondwave wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:13 pm
I'm one month away from first reward and a bit confused what this means in the email:

"Are you currently enrolled in a monthly program? You’ll also get TWO instruments when you complete your 12 months, even if you choose not to renew your monthly subscription at that time."

Does this mean I get to choose 2 instruments if I just continue monthly subscription? Anyone figure it out?
That's exactly what it means.
Actually, it means that, when you complete one year, you may choose two intruments to keep even if you cancel the subscription then.
Fernando (FMR)

raymondwave
KVRist
228 posts since 2 May, 2014

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:33 pm

Forgot to add that I can't find anything on this in the webpage, only email. On the webpage they only say for annual subscribers.

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
8080 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:46 pm

raymondwave wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:33 pm
Forgot to add that I can't find anything on this in the webpage, only email. On the webpage they only say for annual subscribers.
If you log to your account, you'll see it there.
Fernando (FMR)

User avatar
Klinke1
KVRian
608 posts since 19 Feb, 2011

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:52 pm

yea..log in and check out..

(Yesterday i definitely saw a page on RolandCloud which stated 3 points.. One point said u get 2 Instr. even if u haven't got 12 months full. Now i cannot find it anymore.)
- WonderEcho -

User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
30031 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:01 pm

fmr wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:23 pm
mholloway wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:20 pm
raymondwave wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:13 pm
I'm one month away from first reward and a bit confused what this means in the email:

"Are you currently enrolled in a monthly program? You’ll also get TWO instruments when you complete your 12 months, even if you choose not to renew your monthly subscription at that time."

Does this mean I get to choose 2 instruments if I just continue monthly subscription? Anyone figure it out?
That's exactly what it means.
Actually, it means that, when you complete one year, you may choose two intruments to keep even if you cancel the subscription then.
That's pretty enticing tbh

User avatar
EnochLight
KVRian
1081 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from Detroit, MI

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:51 pm

I just might do it now. $199 USD for two plugins (that have authentic Roland analog modelling) is pretty damn tempting.
  • Presonus Studio One 3.5.x | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10.2 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | too many RE's to name

SLiC
KVRAF
3038 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:41 pm

Yes, if you just ignore the fact that you get to use all of the current (and future) instruments for a year, the issue is now:

Do you thing the instruments are worth 99 bucks
Do you want 2 of them
Are you ok with the copy protection system

I am ok with all above, so I am in,
i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

Stefken
KVRian
670 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:17 am

A cheaper option might be this: :D
https://www.sonicacademy.com/products/a ... -synthwave

Sounds nice. I'm liking Ana2 more and more.

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
6186 posts since 12 May, 2008

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:41 am

SLiC wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:41 pm
Yes, if you just ignore the fact that you get to use all of the current (and future) instruments for a year, the issue is now:

Do you thing the instruments are worth 99 bucks
Do you want 2 of them
Are you ok with the copy protection system

I am ok with all above, so I am in,
What is the copy protection for the instruments if you are no longer subscribed to the cloud?

I would also like to know if they will finally give me an updated license for my SH-101 non cloud plugin, which has still all the original problems that the cloud version doesn't have (circular knobs, not resizable etc.)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.

SLiC
KVRAF
3038 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:53 am

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:41 am
SLiC wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:41 pm
Yes, if you just ignore the fact that you get to use all of the current (and future) instruments for a year, the issue is now:

Do you thing the instruments are worth 99 bucks
Do you want 2 of them
Are you ok with the copy protection system

I am ok with all above, so I am in,
What is the copy protection for the instruments if you are no longer subscribed to the cloud?

I would also like to know if they will finally give me an updated license for my SH-101 non cloud plugin, which has still all the original problems that the cloud version doesn't have (circular knobs, not resizable etc.)
You keep your cloud account but just don't pay anything, your 2 few are fully activated the rest are in demo. I agree they should transfer the old plugs to this system (I also have the 101 from my system 1m) and I suspect they will now they seem, to have the system/method sorted.
i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

mholloway
KVRian
995 posts since 11 Jan, 2009 from Portland, OR, USA

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:59 am

People seem to think the "two synths for life, even without subscription" means you have two plugins installed and authorized on your system.

It does NOT mean that, nope.

It means you still have a "free" subscription to Roland Cloud. You have an account, you have their little login app, you must maintain the active account (even though it's an unpaid account) and this will maintain "for life" the activation (plus any updates) of the two synths you choose.

THAT is how it works. This is explicitly stated on the website under "more info on offer."

So no, you don't just have two plugins that are like any other plugins. You have a 'free' subscription level to RolandCloud that must be maintained via their app if you want to run your two plugins.

-M
www.dwifh.com - old-school industrial music by DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER

SLiC
KVRAF
3038 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:06 pm

The 'app' is just an installer and updater that also manages the copy protection by checking home periodically (I think its once a week). A lot of software does this....if your software is telling you that there is an update ready then its dialling home periodically....it really is no big deal, I much prefer it to iloc and elicencer dongles, but I am sure some people will have an issue with it but it relay is not that big a deal.
i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

User avatar
EnochLight
KVRian
1081 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from Detroit, MI

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:10 pm

Right. I've worked offline plenty of times and was able to use my Roland Cloud plugins just fine when my sub was active. That said, my machine also has Internet if needed, so calling home isn't a big deal for me. I can see use-case scenarios where one isn't able to be online (say for instance, while touring, on vacation, writing in the park), and you'd be SCREWED if it needed to call home. No log in = no plug in.
  • Presonus Studio One 3.5.x | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10.2 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | too many RE's to name

Caine123
KVRAF
5437 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:11 pm

how do you keep those plugins at all? do you get the dll, installer + key or what?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

mholloway
KVRian
995 posts since 11 Jan, 2009 from Portland, OR, USA

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:23 pm

Caine123 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:11 pm
how do you keep those plugins at all? do you get the dll, installer + key or what?
Scroll up four posts and read what I wrote there. (No, you don't get an installer or key. You get to maintain your 'unpaid' enrollment in Roland Cloud).
www.dwifh.com - old-school industrial music by DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER

Return to “Instruments”