Applied Acoustic String Studio VS-3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
String Studio VS-2 String Studio VS-3

I was under the impression the packs themselves were adjusted, but maybe I misunderstood.

I'm not sure about that, I have them all anyway but didn't have to reinstall anything for them to work, I guess possibly if I did download the whole lot I might find they have additional features now too but they haven't said anything about that. There's not a lot that new they could do to the old patches anyway, the new stuff is more to do with layering and fx.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to download a whole new set of packs. I might shoot an email over to tech support, tho.

When you buy VS-3, AAS creates a custom installer that includes all the packs you have ordered in the past. They are pre-installed and mapped to the browser. So they do that already.
Last edited by Michael L on Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Isn't that only if you download the 'All' installer? I just downloaded the String Studio + String Theory installer

I bought the "complete your collection" package (VS-3, Theory & Objeq); perhaps that is why the installer also included my older string studio libraries? In the VS-3 release notes, they describe how VS-3 maps old libraries to the new browser.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

All packs have been reworked to account for level adjustment and the added modulator. I'm seeking clarification on this from AAS Tech Support . . . might not have an answer until Monday as it's Friday night in Montreal.

I love these guys . . . Tech Support emailed me after-hours with the info.

I confirmed that the sound packs have been reworked. And, according to tech support,

"When downloading String Studio VS-3, the server checks if the user already has String Studio sound packs and includes them in the ‘custom installer’. Everything is installed automatically at once and users should see the packs in the browser."

SLiC wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:22 am I paid the 39 bucks for the bundle upgrade and got OBJEQ delay and the VS-3 upgrade. Great price as I am very impressed with the delay (resonator) plug and it had passed me by before. VS-3 is not a major update but 2 layers are very useful and it sounds great- some nice new presets as well. AAS plugs look old fashioned, small and fugly to me but they sound great....Ultra Analog is still one of the most overlooked and best sounding VSTs ever made.
Did you receive the String Theory soundpack with your purchase? I did not. Just wanted to ask before reaching out to them.

Hi Sequent,
I'm not sure about String Theory because I previously bought it on a 50% deal. So, it's there, but I'm not sure if it's included or not. Sorry. ;-(
Tommy

No worries, if it wasn't included it's still on sale for 50% off, so I may just purchase it separately. Cheers!

tommyzai wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:49 pm I love these guys . . . Tech Support emailed me after-hours with the info.

I confirmed that the sound packs have been reworked. And, according to tech support,

"When downloading String Studio VS-3, the server checks if the user already has String Studio sound packs and includes them in the ‘custom installer’. Everything is installed automatically at once and users should see the packs in the browser."
Cool - that is very slick. I was impressed by how seamless the transition was.

Only thing I'm left with is a few third party banks not converted, it's not clear how to do that. Also the Harm Visser and Martin Walker Signature banks seems to be missing.

OK I just worked it out - if you place any unconverted banks in:

/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Applied Acoustics Systems/String Studio VS-3/Packs

it converts them to 'packs'

I upgraded, too, now own almost everything from AAS, just some expansions are out so far. BTW, everything started with an innocent $ 3 investment in the Lounge Lizzard Session, included to a magazine (CM, if I remember correctly). If you give your little finger to the devil...

I like the sound of the SS VS-3 in generally, but I really wish that the AAS could bring us some totally new innovations with the rest of the 3-series in the future. Just doubling the sound source is not enough innovative.

I highly respect what AAS has created in the area of audio modelling.
And the company is one if the most sympathetic and generous in the business. They have set the standard high, therefore you except more innovations, the same league than the 2-series Cromaphone, Ultra Analog or the Objeq Delay.
E. g. the instrument effect rack has not improved with the 3-series, some new cool modelled effects would fresh the sound. :-)

AAS seem to have stagnated. I remember when they were at the cutting edge of Music tech. Tassman was up there with NI's Reaktor.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”