arturia synthi

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
hivkorn
KVRAF
2861 posts since 6 Sep, 2007 from France

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:10 pm

free for colletion V6 owner ?

chk071
KVRAF
17651 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: arturia synthi

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:15 pm

I'd take a wavetable synth over yet another emulation of a "legendary" analog hardware synth, or another shitty sounding monophonic BRUTE!!!! synth every day.

User avatar
BMoore
KVRAF
1560 posts since 19 Aug, 2011

Re: arturia synthi

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:17 pm

hivkorn wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:10 pm
free for colletion V6 owner ?
Or the best ever offer you'll get on this, at just $199.

Until the January sale, that is, at $129.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

User avatar
hivkorn
KVRAF
2861 posts since 6 Sep, 2007 from France

Re: arturia synthi

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:24 pm

BMoore wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:17 pm
hivkorn wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:10 pm
free for colletion V6 owner ?
Or the best ever offer you'll get on this, at just $199.

Until the January sale, that is, at $129.
i got the upgrade to V6 for 99$

jsp1979
KVRAF
2981 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Re: arturia synthi

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:28 pm

hivkorn wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:24 pm
BMoore wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:17 pm
hivkorn wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:10 pm
free for colletion V6 owner ?
Or the best ever offer you'll get on this, at just $199.

Until the January sale, that is, at $129.
i got the upgrade to V6 for 99$
I think he's just making a joke here.

AnX
KVRAF
3417 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: arturia synthi

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:32 pm

chk071 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:15 pm
... or another shitty sounding monophonic BRUTE!!!! synth every day.
the do not sound shit :roll:

User avatar
hivkorn
KVRAF
2861 posts since 6 Sep, 2007 from France

Re: arturia synthi

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:34 pm

AnX wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:32 pm
chk071 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:15 pm
... or another shitty sounding monophonic BRUTE!!!! synth every day.
the do not sound shit :roll:
shit!!! :o
Boy i have a few hardware synth ,ms-20 , dark energy ,.... and a microbrute and it s badass !!

chk071
KVRAF
17651 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: arturia synthi

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:35 pm

AnX wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:32 pm
chk071 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:15 pm
... or another shitty sounding monophonic BRUTE!!!! synth every day.
the do not sound shit :roll:
Fair enough. I always notice that our tastes vastly differ. :P

AnX
KVRAF
3417 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: arturia synthi

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:41 pm

chk071 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:35 pm
AnX wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:32 pm
chk071 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:15 pm
... or another shitty sounding monophonic BRUTE!!!! synth every day.
the do not sound shit :roll:
Fair enough. I always notice that our tastes vastly differ. :P
indeed, i have some, you dont

chk071
KVRAF
17651 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: arturia synthi

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:43 pm

Good one. :P

AnX
KVRAF
3417 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: arturia synthi

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:53 pm

fmr wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:09 pm
AnX wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:02 pm
Cinebient wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:05 am
Please not another wavetable synth....hell, please no.
+1 billion
All wavetable synths are different (something we cannot say about VAs, for example).
not really, most follow the typical VA paradigm but with a WT osc

and everyone is using the same sources (except the maths geeks who spend hours writing equations to make a waveform that sounds like a whale fart)

im just not a WT fan... :wink:

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
38517 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: arturia synthi

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:57 pm

what kind of whale?

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
8080 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Re: arturia synthi

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:03 pm

AnX wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:53 pm
fmr wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:09 pm
All wavetable synths are different (something we cannot say about VAs, for example).
not really, most follow the typical VA paradigm but with a WT osc

and everyone is using the same sources (except the maths geeks who spend hours writing equations to make a waveform that sounds like a whale fart)

im just not a WT fan... :wink:
I concede you may not be a WT fan. But the fact that all WT have filters isn't enough to say they "follow the typical VA paradigm", or sound the same. All samplers (as far as I can remember) also have filters, therefore, and according to your line of thought, "follow the typical VA paradigm". Yet, no two samplers sound equal, either. The PPG Wave, being the father of all wavetables, had an analog section, yet it didn't sound AT ALL like an analog synth. No way.

The same can be said about WT synths. And, FWIW, all WT synths come with their own WT collections (some even pretend they "modeled" synths with them :hihi: ). Like what happens with samplesets, different wavetables make different sounds right from the beginning.

Anyway, let's wait for the 13th. I think you will like it :wink:
Fernando (FMR)

cytospur
KVRian
1069 posts since 26 Jun, 2002 from London, UK

Re: arturia synthi

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:06 pm

vurt wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:57 pm
what kind of whale?
And male or female?
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

Halonmusic
KVRAF
1740 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Re: arturia synthi

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:11 pm

Cinebient wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:05 am
Please not another wavetable synth....hell, please no.
This. We got hundreds of them already

Return to “Instruments”