DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Teksonik wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:39 pm
enCiphered wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:22 pm Another tragic fact is, that you don´t even realize how self-centered you are. Did you ever count how many times YOU are talking about what YOU like and what YOU do? Did you ever count how many times you are repeating yourself? This is not an opinion anymore, this is abnormal behaviour, especially if you have absolutely nothing to do with this product rather than using it like anyone else does. We all got it, the sound is the most important thing for you. It´s ok. Why don´t you just relax now and let people make their statements about different aspects than just the sound, without constantly putting yourself first?
Yes I'm just as self centered as everyone else. When someone makes a request for a feature that I have no use for then they are being self centered.

Why are other people allowed to express their opinions and I'm not ? If people would stop whining I'd stop posting responses. :wink:

So why don't you just calm down and stop constantly putting yourself first ? :wink:

Look the bottom line is Synapse will do what they do. Maybe one day you'll see a Browser with pretty colors. Then I'll be happy for you and saddened by the total waste of time it took to implement such a worthless (to me) feature......
Yeah. I got it, thanks :tu:

zvenx wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:33 pm Can't even favourite my preferred patches.
Sure you can......
Dune 3 082819-1.png
zvenx wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:33 pmThere is a reason why others, u-he, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments etc etc have invested in their browsers.
rsp
Perhaps because they have the resources to invest in minutia ?

Like I said Synapse is a small company. Until someone points me to a study that proves Synapse will gain new sales commensurate with the time needed to add said feature such as a Browser I'll continue to support moving on to developing a new synth since we know that Synapse is known for high quality instruments.

Ok I'm going to go try to educate Trump supporters now.....that should prove just as fruitless. :hihi:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

zvenx wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:33 pm
There is a reason why others, u-he, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments etc etc have invested in their browsers.
rsp
they have more employees, time/money to do such things

if Rich thought it was that important, he would have done it by now (he has already said he does not like such browsers)

currently its organised very logically, bass, lead, pad etc. You can easily rearrange folders yourself, or add a "favourites" folder, with sub folders for catagories

adding star ratings and various tags seems a very strange way to find a sound. If you want a bass sound, audition the bass folder

That may work for how you work, it doesn't for me. So whenever a new update comes i play with legend and dune 3 for a bit then never really use them again till the next update.
Kv331 is also a one man operation ..
And for years URS was too..

And yes I can also delete all the patches i dont like. I'd that works for you, fine. It doesn't for me.
Rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:00 pm That may work for how you work, it doesn't for me. So whenever a new update comes i play with legend and dune 3 for a bit then never really use them again till the next update.
Kv331 is also a one man operation ..
And for years URS was too..

And yes I can also delete all the patches i dont like. I'd that works for you, fine. It doesn't for me.
Rsp
well, i guess if all you do is browse patches, a fancy browser might be fun

as i said, i cant see it coming anytime soon, but maybe Rich will add it one day. Its a lot of work, and doing stuff like gui work for retina screens (a few ppl crying about that) and nks compatibility etc takes time. Working on new projects to keep money coming in also takes time.

patience may be your best friend in this case, in the meantime a browser not to your liking shouldn't stop you from making music

It isn't..i just use other tools to do so. Indeed he will do it when he is ready to do so, but indeed some of us including me thinks it needs to be done.
Rsp
sound sculptist

I agree, the browser is not that good. Like, if you're in the "Bass" subfolder of a soundbank and want to listen to the "Leads" in that same bank it can take some time just to find the right soundbank because it doesn't indicate in any which one you're currently in. Therefore it lends itself better to just having all presets in one folder.

These dropdown type browser are really unintuitive since it's a constant opening and closing of that dropdown menu instead of just having everything presented on one page. It's my biggest gripe with Spire too.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:55 am Pretty simple solution. Then Synapse can spend their time programming new features that actually expand or enhance the range of sounds Dune 3 can make instead of wasting time on pointless fluff like a Browser.

Dune 3 082819-1.png
Man you are so biased towards Synapse like a recruited cult member.

Dune 3 is developed enough, its one of the most powerful synth, you can make basicly any sound you want with it and sounds you havent heard yet.

It would be the right time to actually improve the workflow expierience with the browser especialy when it has such high number of presets.

On top of that, it eases the work for sound designers when you can tag presets of your own that are good.

Sure there are workarounds, but again Teksonik, you are biased and you will find any excuse to justify Synapses decision, you are a fanboy, so lets end with that.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:47 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:33 pm Can't even favourite my preferred patches.
Sure you can......

Dune 3 082819-1.png
zvenx wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:33 pmThere is a reason why others, u-he, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments etc etc have invested in their browsers.
rsp
Perhaps because they have the resources to invest in minutia ?

Like I said Synapse is a small company. Until someone points me to a study that proves Synapse will gain new sales commensurate with the time needed to add said feature such as a Browser I'll continue to support moving on to developing a new synth since we know that Synapse is known for high quality instruments.

Ok I'm going to go try to educate Trump supporters now.....that should prove just as fruitless. :hihi:
If you are such a Synapse supporter help them by redesigning the browser, or retake the development and let Richard to redesign the browser. Easer to talk then to actually do something... :lol: :clown:

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:39 am let Richard to redesign the browser
maybe Richard is happy with it the way it is. Ever thought about that?

Its not Teks decision, or mine, or yours.
Elektronisch wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:39 am. Easer to talk then to actually do something... :lol: :clown:
so why dont you do it then?

AnX wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:30 am
Elektronisch wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:39 am let Richard to redesign the browser
maybe Richard is happy with it the way it is. Ever thought about that?

Its not Teks decision, or mine, or yours.
Elektronisch wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:39 am. Easer to talk then to actually do something... :lol: :clown:
so why dont you do it then?
Because im a user, not a fanboy, have no relashion with Synapse unlike Teksonik :) plus it was a joke...

Besides that,i love Dune and its my most used vst despite the browser. But im not defending the decision to make such primitive browser when the synth has so many patches. Im sure Xfer has thought about that and also improved the browser because of reasons mentioned before. You remember that Serum had also same type of browser?

well, maybe its not the most requested feature

retina screen compatibility seems to have been (which is odd, as mac is the smallest part of the market)

I've only seen a handful of users here moan about the browser, so its def not gonna be high on their to do list

AnX wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:12 am well, maybe its not the most requested feature

retina screen compatibility seems to have been (which is odd, as mac is the smallest part of the market)

I've only seen a handful of users here moan about the browser, so its def not gonna be high on their to do list
Well Retina screen inccompatibility affects not only Retina screen users, but also Windows users who user higher resolution monitors. And today even medium-highend windows laptops comes with 1440p (and above) resolution screens. So its a logical step to add bigger skin because that might actually affect the sales.

Since last year im also one of those who are using 1440p resolution screen (32 inch monitor). And i was using Dune 2 and it was enough for me, but if i wanted to use Dune without having to strain my eyes i had to update to Dune 3 (which only has bigger skin). So yeah Synapse got my money.

Besides i dont think the biggest number of one request can display the biggest user base. Thats where the rational thinking comes to see if its worth the effort for the return. Dont think that browser improvement to just add favorites or make it as primitive with with such feature as Nexus 2, Avenger is such huge project as Wavetable editor...Besides didnt Richard himself said that Wavetable editor wasnt the success as it was thought it would be? Or something towards that direction? please correct me if im wrong.

1. its only mac users who have had probs with largest skin, win has been fine. Retina is a mac thing

2. no idea about WT editor. Too convoluted for me, i use the old version. Since it was released (after much user pressure) i havent seen it mentioned. So either everyone can use if fine, or they have no idea and are too afraid to ask.... who knows

AnX wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:34 am 1. its only mac users who have had probs with largest skin, win has been fine. Retina is a mac thing

2. no idea about WT editor. Too convoluted for me, i use the old version. Since it was released (after much user pressure) i havent seen it mentioned. So either everyone can use if fine, or they have no idea and are too afraid to ask.... who knows
Retina is just a marketing term...High pixel density is not a Mac thing so it also affects Windows users with higher resolution (more pixels) monitors too.

Return to “Instruments”