DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Teksonik wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:47 pm
Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:19 pm And im still very curious as to what will happen wuth dune 1. If he chooses not to sell it then its fair game to pirate imho.
So every time a developer releases a new version of their plugin they should give the old versions away for free ? That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen at KVR and that is saying a lot. :roll:
You dont read do you? I think he should keep selling it! Buuuut if he decides to not sell it anymore why not give it away if he doesnt plan on making money from it?
~Pyrotek45

I miss the old filters in Dune 1. Is it to late for requests? :lol:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Saukar30 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:12 pm So to all you who dont like the update... have you emailed Synapse about your requests, concerns & crashes? If you respectfully correspond with them they most likely will take action in future. Or do you just wanna be mad & post online?
I'll try not to laugh. :wink:

SLiC wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:49 pm
Ingonator wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:16 pm
PietW. wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:58 pm
Ingonator wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:17 pm
PietW. wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:08 pm I have just imported a waveform from Serum. 32bit, 2048 samples. After the second waveform, DUNE3 has completely crashed with Reaper.
Which OS and Reaper version do you use?
Reaper 5.963 64Bit. The same in Cubase 10. Import a Wave than klick on + and then Crash.
Did not happen during beta testing and doing my own patches.

I shortly checked again with this setup/hosts, again no crash so far:
- 64-bit VST2 in Live 10.0.5
- 64-bit VST2 in Cubase 9.5.41
- 64-bit AAX in Pro Tools Ultimate 2018.10.0

This is with the full/NFR version of DUNE v3.00 (release version).
OK I have checked as I have Cubase 10- no crashes, cant get a crash the way the user above reported.

I have also checked Studio One 4 (latest version) and got no crashes.

For good measure I have also checked Bitwig, VCV Rack (host) and AKAI MPC 2...all worked fine (no crashes) and I tried importing and editing waves in each of them...only thing I can't try is save (demo!!)

So on Windows 10 64 bit seems it seems very stable to me.
I forgot to mention the 64-bit VST2 in NI Maschine 2.7.10 standalone which also works as a VST host. Works nicely there too and also appears as a NKS instrument there like with the Komplete Kontrol software/plugin.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Halonmusic wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:59 pm I miss the old filters in Dune 1. Is it to late for requests? :lol:
What do you mean? Those are still available and were also available in D2.

I like v.1 filters too. I can't help anyone tell the difference if they can't themselves :(
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I like the Deep Notch. Great for nice kicks and drums.
I thought about the missing LFOs and i maybe can live with it since i also can use OSCs as LFOs.
But yeah...by biggest gripe about Dune 2 exist still in Dune 3. The general workflow is pretty much clicking and switching trough tiny menus and not as fast and intuitive as in other tools. I think here Dune 3 should have been a much better update.
So even as fan from Dune 2 i´m still a bit undecided. I mean there is no other way really beside our money to talk to developers if these request getting ignored further.

If I had a dollar for every post that made a incorrect claim about Dune 3 in this thread, I could buy the synth now.

:wink:

jsp1979 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:04 pm If I had a dollar for every post that made a incorrect claim about Dune 3 in this thread, I could buy the synth now.

:wink:
Useless post as well if you don´t give more info. :)
So what was incorrect actually?
There must be at least 79 things then :D

Or the same few have been repeated 79 times.

jsp1979 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:08 pm Or the same few have been repeated 79 times.
Touche´ :wink:

Ghost Dog wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:01 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:59 pm I miss the old filters in Dune 1. Is it to late for requests? :lol:
What do you mean? Those are still available and were also available in D2.
DUNE 3 includes "DUNE 12dB" and "DUNE 24dB" filters besides many other filter modes. The DUNE 1 waveforms are included in the "Legacy" wavetable that was also included in DUNE 2.6.

FWIW both DUNE 1.4 and DUNE 2.6 are still available in my account (and i have downloaded them already) so i could use them side by side with DUNE 3 if needed.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Some quick test results about CPU usage compared to Dune 2:
- There seems to be a slight optimization regarding simple patches
- Effects, although improved, uses the same amount of CPU as before
- Complex sounds use around 50% more CPU than before. This could be due to the second filter.
- Unison/layering uses A LOT (several hundred %) more CPU than before. Something seems wrong here
I make videos about synths, you can find my channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/synthratings

But i miss good comb-filters. Ah where are the comb-filters (and no, the OSC FX isn´t what i mean).

Have just tried the demo.
Wanted to say in defence - DnD is not as important for a mod matrix as the way it's presented.
In Dune it's clear, like a simple spreadsheet. You can instantly see rows and columns.
For example, in Hive there is DnD, but you have to take look at each slot of it's mod matrix to check if there are assigned source/dest.
And also for tabbed and layered UI it makes a bit less sense then for one-page UI

Regarding arp - there is a conventional editable step sequencer, and it's fair that the synth doesn't provide MIDI editing for MIDI arps - it's a synth in the end.

Please author(s), make discrete controls work in discrete manner when the mousewheel is used :)
(for step sequencer note level for instance)
Last edited by Dencheg on Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Return to “Instruments”