DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Richard_Synapse wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:46 am No demo limitation is going to be acceptable for everybody I'm afraid (except when there is no restrictions at all) :)
Richard
I'm very fine with the U-he demo's.
A month demo time is Ok for me to be able to evaluate a synth.

It's just when the decision is somewhat harder to make that I find a linear time limit of 1 month too much of a restriction. If you are doubtfull it's nice that you have some time to think about and then can revisit the synth at a later time. But then your trial period might be over.

There are firms that do not use a linear time limit (linear time that has past since activation of the demo) but monitor the amount of time you actually used the synth. In this system it's easier to revisit the synth at a later time. I prefer this system over the one you are using now.

I think we are asking too much from the developers! There are videos and tutorials all over the net that someone can get the whole feel of the synth before even trying the demo.
To be honest, it is almost like Bones has said! It is for me in the first 30 mins 99% of all my synths bought in less than that. To be more honest, I have already decided to upgrade later before I demoed the last time! So, even if the reset wouldn't be exist, I would upgrade anyway.

I can say now that the upgrade is absolutely worth it, even though I still suffer from some workflow minors, but in general the sound quality, cpu usage and stability are top notch. Buying it new? It worth it but needs some saving full price, however, discounted or winning it in the charity is absolute bargain!

It sounds so good that I feel I'm cheating when I use it :hihi: Just buy it with closed eyes, no need for a demo even!

Touch The Universe wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:59 pm Hope you guys are appreciating the right click menu to assign modulations as much as me :) I was making the case for it behind the scenes, pretty strongly :D
Great work, cheers.

On the skin front had tried making the side bars dark/black wood effect, works quite well I found the new ones a touch distracting, it's pretty easy to do although I've only done it as one size. Tried removing them entirely but that's going to take some pixel position editing.

Dark Wood.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Diversion 2

That black skin is beautiful, a bit reminiscent of Dune 1 imho.

Richard, thanks for the Mac Demo of Dune 3. Looks and sounds great!

As a long time Antidote user, I've been waiting to make the jump to Dune, not at least as I've been lately working more in Logic Pro X rather than in Reason.

Can you comment on the Dune 3 product roadmap as far as visual feedback on the modulations is concerned?

e-crooner wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:56 pmThat black skin is beautiful, a bit reminiscent of Dune 1 imho.
I could probably do a skin for D3 in the original DUNE style if anyone was interested. It might end up being a bit bigger than the standard but I don't think it would be too much work.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:28 am
e-crooner wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:56 pmThat black skin is beautiful, a bit reminiscent of Dune 1 imho.
I could probably do a skin for D3 in the original DUNE style if anyone was interested. It might end up being a bit bigger than the standard but I don't think it would be too much work.
Maybe toning down the new Ui so you don't need sunglasses would be a more interesting exercise.
I love how it's clean but it's a bit too bright.

BONES wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:28 am
That would be a very welcomed skin I think :) I also like a lot the original Dune 1 skin so thank you very much in advanced :D

Regarding the white skin, yes I think if it is cream or beige would be nice. Even better if it is multi colour like dark grey in the upper section while cream in the down one (something like that!).

I just noticed that in v3.2 the Osc (density) Detune knob is stuck when tuning is set to SWARM. None of the other modes have this prob. Anyone else get this?

Just upgraded to 3.2, noticed that some of my bass parts are acting like the legato function is activated even though Dune is set to 'mono'. Anyone else notice something similar?
Edit: In one case I have to set Dune to legato to get it to behave like it is in mono mode. :scared:
I'm using Cubase Pro 10 on Windows 10.
Last edited by lotus2035 on Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

raymondwave wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:53 am I just noticed that in v3.2 the Osc (density) Detune knob is stuck when tuning is set to SWARM. None of the other modes have this prob. Anyone else get this?
Probably made in China :)

raymondwave wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:53 am I just noticed that in v3.2 the Osc (density) Detune knob is stuck when tuning is set to SWARM. None of the other modes have this prob. Anyone else get this?
No I'm not experiencing that here (PC Win 10). Neither the Density amount or Detune Knob are stuck when SWARM is selected. Are you PC or Mac (OS version) ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:39 pm
No I'm not experiencing that here (PC Win 10). Neither the Density amount or Detune Knob are stuck when SWARM is selected. Are you PC or Mac (OS version) ?
Just tested on my Mac and when using the Audio Unit the Detune knob does indeed get stuck when set to SWARM. It's fine in the VST version though.

EDIT: I just reported it.
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

acid alex wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:23 pm Just tested on my Mac and when using the Audio Unit the Detune knob does indeed get stuck when set to SWARM. It's fine in the VST version though.

EDIT: I just reported it.
Cool, I couldn't find a way to report it, other than registering at their forum. Been using Dune since v1 and this is the first glitch I've ran into, so pretty good job. Must've been over 10 years.

I use AU on Mac also, Studio One.

here too (gets stuck); logic X/mac. will also report it.

Return to “Instruments”