DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Teksonik
KVRAF
12852 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:44 am

EnGee wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:38 am
Lack of multi layers, doesn't mean they are simple synths.
No but it means they are simpler and hence so will be their interfaces and workflow. Putting 8 synths into one plugin is obviously going to require some additional complexity but in the end switching between those 8 synths is a simple mouse click away..... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Cinebient
KVRAF
4309 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:56 am

Teksonik wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:39 am
Sure they could tack on any number of "features" and they may well do since we don't know what the future holds for Dune 3. But I think a lot of the concerns about workflow that I've read could be eliminated by simply putting in a little time and effort.

After doing a few hundred patches Dune 3's workflow is lightning fast for me and I certainly don't possess any special skills not available to everyone........ :shrug:
Yes, and Dune 3 has also some tricks no other synth can do but there are also a few things which just are 10 times faster to do with a similar result in other synths. Nothing wrong with this but as usual there is place for a better and faster workflow.

Teksonik
KVRAF
12852 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:42 am

What are a few things "which just are 10 times faster to do with a similar result in other synths" ?

For example I don't know how much faster or easier it would be to switch layers than a single mouse click unless they incorporated telekinesis. :shrug:

Like I said with experience Dune 3 has become lightning fast for me to program. Sure there is always room for improvement and if the Dune 3 team was as large as the team that did MassiveX then I'd say sure add every feature everyone wants but with Synapse being a two man team I'd rather precious development time be spent on things that enhance the range of sounds Dune 3 can make instead of things that might make it a tiny bit faster to program. :shrug:

But I hope everyone gets their wishes granted. No telling what the future holds for Dune 3 but for now it's tons of fun and dead easy to program and sounds absolutely awesome so I'll just enjoy it for what it is today.... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

rlared
KVRian
541 posts since 1 Aug, 2016

Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:10 am

Teksonik wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:27 am
Name a complex synth with a more "friendly GUI". If you think Dune 3 is "unfriendly" you'd better steer well clear of VPS Avenger. :P
That's funny, I actually think Avenger has the best UI out of any synth I have used. It has a lot of "quality of life" features to make it easier and more intuitive to use.

collider
KVRist
140 posts since 14 Jun, 2018

Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:33 am

Since I got Parawave Rapid my GAS for Dune 3 is gone. This is how to handle 8 Layers.

v1o
KVRAF
1996 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:00 am

collider wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:33 am
Since I got Parawave Rapid my GAS for Dune 3 is gone. This is how to handle 8 Layers.
It's good to know. Unfortunately for me the sound isn't as good.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Biscotto
KVRist
338 posts since 29 Jun, 2009

Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:06 am

Use colors for different layers...
Bitwig.Live/Modulat.Reason.Omnisphere.u-he.Fathom.Arcsyn.TAL

e-crooner
KVRian
500 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:52 am

EnGee wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:25 pm
I doubt you are going to buy any synth! You just like to chat it seems ;)
Certainly not during this sales weekend. I like to pay regular prices instead of driving developers into poverty.
But I do intend to get a synth by the end of the year. I seldom buy anything, so I am comparing all options carefully before deciding.

e-crooner
KVRian

Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:53 am

Biscotto wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:06 am
That would be cool, yes, a rainbow synth thanks to all those layers.

Biscotto
KVRist
338 posts since 29 Jun, 2009

Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:53 am

e-crooner wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:53 am
Biscotto wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:06 am
That would be cool, yes, a rainbow synth thanks to all those layers.
Well, color can be used as a thin border somewhere to give a better feedback.
Btw: Rainbows have only 7 colors... :D
Bitwig.Live/Modulat.Reason.Omnisphere.u-he.Fathom.Arcsyn.TAL

e-crooner
KVRian

Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:57 am

They can make one layer black or white, neither is a color :wink:

EnGee
KVRAF
5731 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from NZ

Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:22 pm

I like Avenger's approach for layers. You add as needed. So, you can tell immediately if this preset is simple or complex.
It's one developer as I remember! (Rapid also has one developer). So, "only two developers" for one synth is not an excuse!
Move your asses little bit SA developers :hihi: let us see what you can do about feedback visuals and overall friendly design in Dune 4. The sound is already great ;) and for the 100th times, find solution for putting the name of preset outside the holy screen and please make shortcut for "previous" and "next" preset without switching the tabs all the time if I want to stay in modulation matrix (for example) :mad:
Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.

DJ Warmonger
KVRAF
3457 posts since 7 Jun, 2012 from Warsaw

Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:44 pm

Well, LuSH-101 has nice layers. But there's quite a GUI to manage them, separate presets per layer plus global mixer. Dune 3, by contrast, is very minimal in this regard and changing that would mean different design altogether.
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

mladi
KVRian
741 posts since 14 Apr, 2016 from Germany

Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:44 pm

ScottZ wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:24 pm
mrsugmad wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:58 pm
ScottZ wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:09 pm
when does the sale end today only?
Go to their site..... :bang:
I have been to the site. In the shop but all I see is Black Friday sale not any dates which is why i asked if it's friday only. Other companies will sometimes go to Dec. 3rd, or list the dates.
I can see in the shop: "Black Friday Sale, expires Cyber Monday!"
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K|Presonus Eris E8 XT|Focusrite Scarlett 18i20|Native Instruments Kontrol S61 MK2|Stein­berg CC121|Akai FL Studio Fire|Steinberg Cubase 10 Pro|FL Studio 20.5

AnX
KVRAF
5745 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:46 pm

ppl struggle to agree on one colour, imagine the fun a dev would have picking eight colours :lol:

Return to “Instruments”