DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Dencheg wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:39 pm The linked filter only reacts to the mouse-controlled master filter and never to MIDI control of the master filter, regardless of the source, whether it's the foot controller or the slider, and regardless of the MIDI learn and link button sequence. It's a simple bug, you can try it out with any control surface and tell me if it's broken only for me.
Does it work if you add entries in to the mod matrix using Foot or Expression to control filter cutoff 1 and 2?
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

Dencheg wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:39 pm The linked filter only reacts to the mouse-controlled master filter and never to MIDI control of the master filter, regardless of the source, whether it's the foot controller or the slider, and regardless of the MIDI learn and link button sequence. It's a simple bug, you can try it out with any control surface and tell me if it's broken only for me.
I was also able to confirm the behavior here. Linking a midi controller to Cutoff 1 does not move Cutoff 2 when Link is selected.

It does work when moving Cutoff 1 with the mouse.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Dencheg wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:34 pm Please guys, also ask devs to figure the jumpy DENSITY/AMOUNT control when changed with mousewheel. They jump to zero after changing, unless the mouse is additionally clicked. RAGE :D
(i believe it’s also a simple and annoying ui bug, worth of fixing cause of RAGE)
Thanks!
Dune FTW :phones:
It's a long known issue. Just click grab and drag the density amount. It's as efficient if not more than using the mouse wheel. :wink:

You can also Midi Learn the Density Amount.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:41 pm
Dasheesh wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:23 pm this is what the sample osc. does when i hit "find loop region". it does not matter what the sample is. every time, the same spot in the window.
Find Loop Region here:

D3 022621.png

It depends on the sample. Hitting Find Loop Regions several times in a row usually yields different Loop Points. Are you using the VST2 or 3 ? I've tried both with the same result.
is it a loop size issue?
could you get dash's loop and see what happens for you?

the loop he's using looks like a song wav? rather than a short loop, if you see what i mean, the different parts...
would that effect it's workings using a 7 minute piece for example?

id try, but a) not my job and more importantly b) i don't have dune :shrug:
just tryna help :D

Yes it very well could be a wav size or format issue. There is a 10MB size limit per wave so I don't think loading a full song would work.

All I can say is the "Find Loop Region" works here on the dozens and dozens of wave files I've tried and if it didn't I wouldn't have a reason not to report that.

It doesn't always find a perfect loop but once in awhile it does nail it....usually makes for a good start for then manual fine tuning. :shrug:

Teksonik wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:32 pm Yes it very well could be a wav size or format issue. There is a 10MB size limit per wave so I don't think loading a full song would work.

All I can say is the "Find Loop Region" works here on the dozens and dozens of wave files I've tried and if it didn't I wouldn't have a reason not to report that.

It doesn't always find a perfect loop but once in awhile it does nail it....usually makes for a good start for then manual fine tuning. :shrug:
ive noticed in a couple of reaktor ensembles that using bigger files does seem to upset the software.

and loop point finding rarely finds a perfect loop, in any software unless you're very lucky or using a more static sound, but it looks for zero crossing points.

it's software, not magick! and i think until we reach a time when ai can be more selective, then we might get perfect loops every time :hihi:
some folk expect too much of it sometimes...

As I’ve said before, it’s not a loop size or a format issue. These are 8 meg 24/44.1 samples of my blofeld oscillators. I have tried cutting them down and such. You were closer with the windows scaling issue, which gave the new GUI fits for some reason. It was mostly solved when I set reaper HDPI settings to “system”. it now works, but I didn’t realize it jumps around every time you “find loop”. it will find it the first time, and then jump back the same point in the window the second time. No matter what was done, or occurred the first time I edited. the focus, or zoom issue is probably also a windows scaling issue. I’m getting it to behave more normally by playing with scaling + HDPI settings. No very stabile yet tho. If I find loop the first time, then go to the “I”icon and make another loop point I will even get BOTH loop points at times.

Here's an interesting use of the sample oscillator 3 using single cycle waves. It basically turns osc3 in to a waveshaper.

The patch is set up to use a ramp in osc1 to read out osc3 as happens in a wavetable. There are a number of things interesting about this. First by engaging Osc1 VA SyncFreq, you can now apply sync to any waveform, not just the VA section of Osc1/2. Next you can have a different input from osc1 e.g., a wavetable to get waveshaping via osc3. Plus you can have both osc1 and osc2 modulating sample position of osc3 to get some interesting intermodulation. There are also the usual modulation sources to mess with. The key is that everything ultimately has to modulate MSEG1 (in this particular patch) and that modulation rate is set to audio rate in settings.

The first four modulation lanes are the basic set up. Lanes 5-7 are for trying intermodulation, feedback of osc3 back in to osc3 and osc sync.
MH WS Demo.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/

cytospur wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:18 pm Here's an interesting use of the sample oscillator 3 using single cycle waves. It basically turns osc3 in to a waveshaper.

The patch is set up to use a ramp in osc1 to read out osc3 as happens in a wavetable. There are a number of things interesting about this. First by engaging Osc1 VA SyncFreq, you can now apply sync to any waveform, not just the VA section of Osc1/2. Next you can have a different input from osc1 e.g., a wavetable to get waveshaping via osc3. Plus you can have both osc1 and osc2 modulating sample position of osc3 to get some interesting intermodulation. There are also the usual modulation sources to mess with. The key is that everything ultimately has to modulate MSEG1 (in this particular patch) and that modulation rate is set to audio rate in settings.

The first four modulation lanes are the basic set up. Lanes 5-7 are for trying intermodulation, feedback of osc3 back in to osc3 and osc sync.

MH WS Demo.zip
Thanks for this! You came across something really interesting, and I expect it to be useful, though I have yet to comprehend what is happening. In the meantime - I noticed that when the "destinations" column in the modulation matrix is clicked, so that the sorting is set according to the destinations, the sound of the patch you've provided changes! Clicking the column again reverts the patch to sounding as it did. Sorting should be a visual only thing, shouldn't it?

Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, this does happen. I'm fairly sure that I've mentioned it on the beta forum. I'll mention it again.

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I believe preset browser is more than just a preset browser. It needs considerable changes and leads to tagging of existing libraries - which will lag behind with 3rd party libs.
Also Dune's presets are folder-based, like Java packages. At least I have some level of comfort with that
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

claudedefaren wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:34 am PRESET BROWSER PLEASE
THERE ALREADY IS ONE THAT WORKS PERFECTLY FINE

AnX wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:16 am
YES, BUT IT' COULD BE MUCH BETTER

clipnotic wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:48 am
AnX wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:16 am
YES, BUT IT' COULD BE MUCH BETTER
possibly, but that wasn't specified