DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Yeah, I was asking folks who should know before I demoed. I am getting the impression that it is resizable, but not as high an audio rate, which was my concern from the first dune 3 threads way back. The more shit you shove in it, the lower the quality. CPU is the ceiling. Probably a high quality softsynth tho.

Teksonik wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:53 am
Benjamin923 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:40 am So it is C/R copy protection?
I'm trying to find the official explanation of the CP scheme but am having no luck. I'll let Richard explain.

It it painless in my opinion and I'm very particular about what CP schemes I use. There is no need to send a Challenge code and receive a Response Code.

There is a small activation program in the Dune 3 folder that handles it but again I'll let Richard explain as I don't want to get it wrong.......
The fact that you need to phone home to authorize software that you pay for is what's off putting about challenge response... not the entering of the response code. I have a few pieces of software that are C/R, but I choose to limit the amount of software that uses such CP to a bare minimum because I don't want to have to worry about ever going through the hassle of asking for permission to install software I already paid for when it comes time to install on newer computers.
You are currently reading my signature.

Richard_Synapse wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:59 am
Caine123 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:39 pm Steep upgrade price in my opinion when it doesnt seem like a full 3.0....
We believe it is more than fair, but I can understand if it is not instantly clear where the upgrade price comes from.

Take the patch library as an example. More than 200 of the new patches are made by Kevin Schroeder, and as usual they are of excellent quality. Each of his soundsets with about 64 patches is currently $20 in our shop. So the new patch library alone is worth the upgrade fee from this perspective. Of course other sound designers have contributed outstanding patches as well, this is just one example.

Then there's the new features of course, the dual filter, dual arp, wavetable editor etc which are really powerful additions, greatly increasing the sound design capabilities and versatility of the synth. The new skin is ihmo better than the old one (granted this is subjective), what's important it is HD and resizable, usable from Notebooks to 4K/5K screens, an important step forward.

Furthermore there's plenty of other additions not directly visible from looking at the screenshots or trying out demo patches. We put new high-quality analog-modeled filters in DUNE 3 that did not exist previously, as well as a whole bunch of new high-quality effect algorithms. We could easily take some of those, wrap a nice fancy UI around them, add a few parameters then sell them for $99 separately, noone would even think of complaining ;)

It will just take some time to really show off all the new features in more depth. I guess we will launch a video series soon to cover it all in more detail. :)

Richard
That being said does that mean that Dune 3 can sound like "The Legend"?

I personaly do think upgrade price is alright, maybe a bit on a steepier side if you dont care about presets and compare updates that you get for free from U-he, tho loyalty upgrade (when you have more then 1 product Dune 1 legend ecg) defo is something that people like :-)
Last edited by Elektronisch on Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

is the sound of the synth is different than V2 ?

hivkorn wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:24 am is the sound of the synth is different than V2 ?
With swarm on and new filters i suppose.

Im curious about that Swarm thing as its the main attraction for me :-) will play around when im back home :-)

But from all features that are listen im dissapointed not to see one feature i really wanted that was not added: voice mixer

Mixing voice volume on Dune 2 is incredibly cumbersome adding more clutter to mod matrix.

Another letdown is browser, at least ability to favorite the presets would make things so much easier :-)

Also this is not something i was dissapointed just expected - formant and comb filters :-)
Last edited by Elektronisch on Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

@ Synapse audio team : congratulations for the release !
Richard, do you plan to add Mpe in a future update ?
Best
YY

The update looks great, congratulations.

I will admit that there are two things I was really hoping for:

* Easier ways to setup modulation. DUNE does feel very indirect by comparison to synths like Serum and Massive, and even when compared to synths like Spire and Zebra 2, and I'll admit that it's one of my less fun synths to program.
* More interesting FM options. Currently it seems that you can only use a sine wave as your base for the FM which makes it pretty limited. As a result, I find it much harder to get really cutting sounds with DUNE.

Really love the new reverb algorithm and swarm unison mode, they sound amazing :)

Another thing that's a bit of a bummer is that this is an entirely new plugin where old sessions must still have DENU 2 available. Seeing as how this is a superset of features in DUNE 2, I would have wished that it was a direct replacement that remained backwards compatible.

Caine123 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:56 am
Caine123 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:39 pm Steep upgrade price in my opinio when it doesnt seem like a full 3.0....
We believe it is more than fair, but I can understand if it is not instantly clear where the upgrade price comes from.

Take the patch library as an example. More than 200 of the new patches are made by Kevin Schroeder, and as usual they are of excellent quality. Each of his soundsets with about 64 patches is currently $20 in our shop. So the new patch library alone is worth the upgrade fee from this perspective. Of course other sound designers have contributed outstanding patches as well, this is just one example.

Then there's the new features of course, the dual filter, dual arp, wavetable editor etc which are really powerful additions, greatly increasing the sound design capabilities and versatility of the synth. The new skin is ihmo better than the old one (granted this is subjective), what's important it is HD and resizable, usable from Notebooks to 4K/5K screens, an important step forward.

Furthermore there's plenty of other additions not directly visible from looking at the screenshots or trying out demo patches. We put new high-quality analog-modeled filters in DUNE 3 that did not exist previously, as well as a whole bunch of new high-quality effect algorithms. We could easily take some of those, wrap a nice fancy UI around them, add a few parameters then sell them for $99 separately, noone would even think of complaining ;)

It will just take some time to really show off all the new features in more depth. I guess we will launch a video series soon to cover it all in more detail. :)

Richard
Thx for the reply so please show me the new features. Trailer etc. No offense but to promote a v3.0 with 200 new presets of kevin schroeder (yeah and now?) Is ridoculous. Is this the new marketing gag? Hey new 300 presets of xyz v.5.0 wow..... wow.
Avenger gets Full new features for free!!!! Sure i dont expect this everywhere but then as the first point listing new presets for v3.0.... come on !!!!!

And again why no better mod matrix? Why no drag and drop. Yeah i know it is too modern but we got 2018 and even i know how to use it without drag and drop this is better than 200 new presets.....

And the $79 for dune2 users.... yeah wavetable esitor etc. Really fine and great additions but there is no workflow improvement much and dune 2 lacks it still.

Oh again 200 new presets sorry i forgot....

And now i know people will bash me. But this is one of the worst replies and justification for a paid update oh sorry upgrade what i read in my life. Even iZotope isnt like that....

I might still upgrade after demoing and getting the new features checked as i love dune2 but this is a very bad taste from a respected company i once had.

Oh even rapid which is a nfr product after purchase. Thats why i dont support them. They got so many free updates with great features and dont call it a new version etc.

As a dune 2 user i feel not happy. Especially the pathetic justification with presets. Bext presetpack is dune 4.0 then.... lol
Over the years Dune 2 got new features for free. Why do you think Dune 3 will be any different? I like how you keep holding onto the fact there are new presets whilst completely ignoring the new features that were added like the graphic EQ and built in wavetable editor.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Wow, didn't see that coming!

As the upgrade looks nice, I have a major issue with one thing - VIP preset manager. While Dune 3 is preset-compatible with Dune 3, how do I move all the VIP tags to new plugin? :-| I've spend weeks to tag almost 1000 presets and losing this functionality is not an option for me.

Or maybe it's time to screw that and move to NKS?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

djanthonyw wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:01 am
Teksonik wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:53 am
Benjamin923 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:40 am So it is C/R copy protection?
I'm trying to find the official explanation of the CP scheme but am having no luck. I'll let Richard explain.

It it painless in my opinion and I'm very particular about what CP schemes I use. There is no need to send a Challenge code and receive a Response Code.

There is a small activation program in the Dune 3 folder that handles it but again I'll let Richard explain as I don't want to get it wrong.......
The fact that you need to phone home to authorize software that you pay for is what's off putting about challenge response... not the entering of the response code. I have a few pieces of software that are C/R, but I choose to limit the amount of software that uses such CP to a bare minimum because I don't want to have to worry about ever going through the hassle of asking for permission to install software I already paid for when it comes time to install on newer computers.
You are just fussy. I’m surprised you are not moaning about effort required in having to install software that you already own.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Richard, Dune 2/3 has very cool fx module. Have you ever thought of making FX module along side Dune 2/3 like you did with The Legend FX? I must say its most used filter in my arsenal, love ability to group different synths and route them to legend + midi route for precise cutoff :-)

Hip! Hip! Hooooo raaaaaay!!
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

come on, no video for a new version?
I've never been a hardcore Synapse user (maybe once when i used their Orion daw),
but if there will be a video demonstrating this v3, i would check that.

v1o wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:21 am
Caine123 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:56 am
Caine123 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:39 pm Steep upgrade price in my opinio when it doesnt seem like a full 3.0....

Richard
Thx for the reply so please show me the new features. Trailer etc. No offense but to promote a v3.0 with 200 new presets of kevin schroeder (yeah and now?) Is ridoculous. Is this the new marketing gag? Hey new 300 presets of xyz v.5.0 wow..... wow.
Avenger gets Full new features for free!!!! Sure i dont expect this everywhere but then as the first point listing new presets for v3.0.... come on !!!!!

And again why no better mod matrix? Why no drag and drop. Yeah i know it is too modern but we got 2018 and even i know how to use it without drag and drop this is better than 200 new presets.....

And the $79 for dune2 users.... yeah wavetable esitor etc. Really fine and great additions but there is no workflow improvement much and dune 2 lacks it still.

Oh again 200 new presets sorry i forgot....

And now i know people will bash me. But this is one of the worst replies and justification for a paid update oh sorry upgrade what i read in my life. Even iZotope isnt like that....

I might still upgrade after demoing and getting the new features checked as i love dune2 but this is a very bad taste from a respected company i once had.

Oh even rapid which is a nfr product after purchase. Thats why i dont support them. They got so many free updates with great features and dont call it a new version etc.

As a dune 2 user i feel not happy. Especially the pathetic justification with presets. Bext presetpack is dune 4.0 then.... lol
Over the years Dune 2 got new features for free. Why do you think Dune 3 will be any different? I like how you keep holding onto the fact there are new presets whilst completely ignoring the new features that were added like the graphic EQ and built in wavetable editor.
Wr are talking about the now and i wasnt the one justifying as the first point 200 new presets but the dev. A waverable editor and graphic eq. Wow. Totally worth it to call a new version. Better than improvin the workflow in 2018...
People hate izotope for having versionsjumps feeling like updates and here the:y accept it.... whatever. Lets see what the dev says. Of course he defends his product. Or just ignores it.

On the official page and promotion only a handful new features are promoted and the rest? If the:y are important why not promotw on the front page too? What a bad marketing then.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Are there any significant changes to the browser? Away from my cpu to demo it
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Return to “Instruments”