SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

the 4.0.3 update
Added March 4 2019: ST3 Multi with Imported Legacy Instruments / Sample Fails to Load [will be fixed in 4.0.3]
not resolved here , same as before .
Added March 13 2019: Heavy resource usage [Settings to be added to decrease resource footprint]
the ST4 Ram usage without loading any instruments are now 1,425 GB , which are less than before , but imho are still too much .

IK's servers are lightning fast as usual. downloading @ 500k per second on a 100Mbits channel. maybe it's time to invest in some CDN's?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Multi's still NOT WORKING for SampleMoog (and SampleTron, though there's only 1 multi for it), after just now installing sound update 1.3, ST4 v 4.0.3, and Sound Library Update 1.3. The "Loading..." windows appear one after the other for each sound in the multi, but the sounds don't get loaded.

Multi's ARE working for Miroslav Multi's.

Are any of the ST4 Max sounds key switch sounds (they usually say "KS" in the sound name)?

I'm not finding any KS instruments/sounds.

dbender wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:59 pm Are any of the ST4 Max sounds key switch sounds (they usually say "KS" in the sound name)?

sure, tons of them. For example select either of the electric guitars and you will see quite a few.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:00 pm
dbender wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:59 pm Are any of the ST4 Max sounds key switch sounds (they usually say "KS" in the sound name)?

sure, tons of them. For example select either of the electric guitars and you will see quite a few.
Thanks!

Anyone know any other KS sounds?

In particular, I'm not seeing any in the horns, surprised to not see any KS sounds for e.g., the saxes, just lots of individual different articulation sounds....

Installed 4.03 update + 1.3 sound library update.
I gave it 3 attempts: crashed each time after I switched preset.

Peter: I bought this product a month ago and it still doesn't work, even after your company's third "fix".
What should I do know? Should I demand a full refund?
I'm waiting for your answer.

Updated the sound library and made the Black LP/Red Strat test again. In stand alone mode I had an instant crash when hitting a key and in Studio One 4 no sounds are played.

How do I install the 4.0.3 update? Do I have to uninstall sampletank 4.0.2 and then install the last update?

Can I install the library update either before or after the software update?

Just search for KS in the search box

From what I can see the Saxes don't have a keyswitch. Most of the other orchestral instruments do.

Can anyone load the C7 with coincident mikes patch? (or is it just me!)

Foe what its worth, I am not getting crashes on windows, just finding the odd patch not loading as I work my way through- may be a ST error or it may be a corrupt unzip or something, sometimes just re-downloading and reinstalling fixes......
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

i can load all C7 patches. i'm on Windows, using MAX version.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Bippo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:17 pm Installed 4.03 update + 1.3 sound library update.
I gave it 3 attempts: crashed each time after I switched preset.

Peter: I bought this product a month ago and it still doesn't work, even after your company's third "fix".
What should I do know? Should I demand a full refund?
I'm waiting for your answer.
Sorry to hear you are still having issues. Have you been working with IK Support directly? If not, I'd suggest doing so via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and if you are please reply to your ticket and let them know you are still having issues and I'm sure they can assist you and get you up and running.

DrumAddict wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:39 pm the 4.0.3 update
Added March 4 2019: ST3 Multi with Imported Legacy Instruments / Sample Fails to Load [will be fixed in 4.0.3]
not resolved here , same as before .
Added March 13 2019: Heavy resource usage [Settings to be added to decrease resource footprint]
the ST4 Ram usage without loading any instruments are now 1,425 GB , which are less than before , but imho are still too much .
Sorry to hear you are still having issues. As recommended above, please report any issues that are not resolved with this update directly to IK Support via a new or existing ticket and they will surely assist you with the issue(s). Thank you.

Note that these are the official notes from 4.0.3:

What’s New
Changes from version 4.0.2:
• Improved memory and processor usage.
• Added a Streaming tab in Settings.
• Fixed an issue with crashes on FL Studio macOS.
• Fixed an issue with infrequent crashes on VST, AAX, and Standalone.
• Fixed an issue with possible missing font on Windows.
• Fixed an issue with authorization.
• Fixed an issue with recognizing the current ST3 path at first launch.
• Fixed graphic artefacts while resizing window within a host.
• Fixed an issue with automation defaults within a host.
• Fixed Strummer steps sync within a host at first load.
• Fixed an issue with instrument saving due to unsupported characters.
• Added a brief install guide post installation.
• Improved the search responsiveness in the Phraser.
• Fixed an issue with loading ST3 Multis that include imported legacy instruments.
• Improved visual feedback for database rescan.
• A Sound Library Update 1.3 is available. This fixes various typos, macro errors and Multi and sample issues and includes additional Multis. Please download and install the Sound Library Update 1.3 available in your SampleTank 4 Sound Downloads dropdown menu.
• General reliability improvements.

(also make sure you run the 1.3 sound library update)

Return to “Instruments”