SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

Saukar30 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:27 pm I can't wait! This is gonna be fun! I hope that there arent many bugs in this 1st release.

Last question. Will we have to convert ST3 sounds or is ST4 just able to read them as is?
We appreciate everybody's patience as we make sure this huge amount of sounds is the smoothest possible process for all who have pre-ordered. It shouldn't be a lot longer, but we're definitely working hard to get these sounds out to you all.

SampleTank 4 can be pointed to multiple locations, including your SampleTank 3 library location which will not require an import process.

So today is a release and there is still no list what sounds are in SE and Standart editions?

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:23 pm So today is a release and there is still no list what sounds are in SE and Standart editions?
Thousands of us will soon have access to this information :wink:

I'm just waiting for SampleTank 4 Max. Since I already have American Acoustic and another couple of items which appear in the new Max already in my SampleTank 3 library, will I have to reinstall these in the new SampleTank 4 location? I know that I can import the SampleTank 3 stuff (which also has my old SampleMoog, SampleTron and other old IK samples) but will the new Max samples be different?
Windows 10, 32GB RAM, Cakewalk by BandLab, Harrison Mixbus 5, Acoustica 7 Premium, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Izotope Elements Suite, Waves singles, Sampletank 4, BFD3, AAS Professional Series, XLN Drums and Keys + other VSTs.

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:23 pm So today is a release and there is still no list what sounds are in SE and Standart editions?
This information was first requested in this thread by someone on December 13, and we still don't
have it. :x

NoviceNewbie wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:23 pm
This information was first requested in this thread by someone on December 13, and we still don't
have it. :x
Well my suspicions are, either IKM is very confident about their Standart and SE content or via versa, its actually dissapointing and IKM waiting till last minute for pre-orders from people who are in fear of missing out on a good price, because if all the different versions would be exposed, IKM might loose pre-orders.

At this point, it kind of has to be deliberate... Doesn't it?

I understand that this is important for some in order to make a decision so we're including in the announcement that the pricing will last longer and you'll have access to these lists as they will be posted soon. I apologize for any inconvenience but I'm glad to say that you will have the information you require in order to make a decision before the pricing ends. I hope that is a fair solution that fits your needs.

Also yes we are confident in the offerings, but that's not why the lists are not yet posted. SampleTank 4 SE, for example, is as large (or larger) than SampleTank 3 itself was! That's obviously good on a general basis but I understand the requests for the lists and we'll have the pricing continue as it is beyond today so there will still be the opportunity for that great pricing.

dandezebra wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:39 pm At this point, it kind of has to be deliberate... Doesn't it?
Not deliberate nor nefarious. There have been changes made along the way (for the better, you'll see an even larger total size in the announcement soon) and I know I've surely been pushing that regardless of this the lists are needed so I absolutely understand the frustration and assumption. See above, though, for what I feel is indeed as fair a solution as possible and look forward to the lists as they are indeed coming.

Peter, I bought the pre-order for Sampletank 4 MAX. It says the release date is today, but nothing yet in my inbox or on your website in my account. Any idea when I will be able to download? Thx.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:42 pm
dandezebra wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:39 pm At this point, it kind of has to be deliberate... Doesn't it?
Not deliberate nor nefarious. There have been changes made along the way (for the better, you'll see an even larger total size in the announcement soon) and I know I've surely been pushing that regardless of this the lists are needed so I absolutely understand the frustration and assumption. See above, though, for what I feel is indeed as fair a solution as possible and look forward to the lists as they are indeed coming.
Peter - I didn't mean nefarious but meant more that it would seem like it wouldn't take that much time to put together. It has been ~2 months since the request or so. The extended intro pricing will be helpful for some but I still think there is some confusion as to something seemingly so simple (am I wrong?) could take so long.

Are the USB's shipping out today?

I was kind of hoping that the release would be early enough in the day that I could get the download well underway before leaving the house to run errands. That's not to be. Curious, since they've known about the release date for quite some time and have had all that time to get the bugs out. Well, the errands can't wait so I guess I'll be pulling a download all-nighter.
Rainguitar is a writer and musician living in Sherwood Park, Alberta. He is known by his pseudonym "T.K. Boomer" which he uses to write science fiction. Music production is a hobby.

i think they delaying the release as it is already late in Europe .

i broke my F5 key
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Yeah... if its released today... it's probably not gonna be until tonight. it's already 3:15 pm EST and no changes on the website. :?
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Return to “Instruments”