One Synth Challenge #119: Waverazor 2 by Tracktion (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waverazor

All good, for reference I was going from 128 to 256 I think or maybe 512. I will check out that option thanks

This is the Kck patch, Changing the buffer in Waverazor has the same effect

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UWLJT ... x5MIzvr0bT

Laxplanet wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:32 am This is the Kck patch, Changing the buffer in Waverazor has the same effect

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UWLJT ... x5MIzvr0bT
I can confirm what Laxplanet is describing. I have tried his patch and tried changing the buffer size in Waverazor (on Windows 10 FL Studio 64bit) and the timbre of the sound definitely changes, smaller buffer sizes make the sound sharper/brighter/more high end compared to the 256 default.

I have taken a screenshot of the patch Laxplanet shared and took a screen-grab with Sprial to help visualise the differences. Note it's the same patch and same note being played, only the buffer size in the WR settings is being changed.

I guess this setting can be used as an extra way to sculpt the sound coming out of WR.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ranoka wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:24 am
Laxplanet wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:32 am This is the Kck patch, Changing the buffer in Waverazor has the same effect
I can confirm what Laxplanet is describing. I have tried his patch and tried changing the buffer size in Waverazor (on Windows 10 FL Studio 64bit) and the timbre of the sound definitely changes, smaller buffer sizes make the sound sharper/brighter/more high end compared to the 256 default.
Nice analysis @Ranoka, and @Laxplanet that is a sweet Kick... nicely in the pocket! I have also tried it and you are correct, the timbre does change with smaller buffer sizes. I think this is primarily due to the very fast ASR you have routed to the X pole sv filter. At that high speed, lower buffer settings are going to sound better. The good news is that you can keep this nice resolution with any DAW buffer setting by changing your Waverazor voice buffer to something smaller than the default, but still reasonable for your CPU usage.

Thanks, Yeah I suspected the envelopes were in some way responsible.
I made the patch at 128 and that sounds best to me for this patch so I may stick to that buffer size for now. This thing is definitely nice for drums, the filters help but I'm also loving all the different envelope curves and the modular like control options like rectification in the mod matrix.
Now hopefully I can come up with a decent track :shrug:

cheers r_mok

Just thinking it would be nice if you could drag FX in the efx bank from one slot to the next, if I want to move an fx, I have to remove it first and generate it in another slot and then I lose the tweeking of the fx as well

Being able to copy and paste various modules -- OSC, FILT, EFFECTS would be really great.

on the subjects of effects... I love the chorus, I would love a standalone chorus plugin like that which offers so much flexibility

deleted
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have created a patch, which i called NoiseMaker
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jisuqmfnxpkrv ... r.zip?dl=0
Should be good for everything from hi hats to up and down sweeps, using only the front panel controls.
The two x-y pads are for modulating the delay - times, feedback and panning. Warning - can get extreme!

Also included my basic kick and snare patches in the zip - corrected a bug in the ones i posted earlier.
- this involved envelope attack times. When a voice envelope attack is set to zero, any modulation of the envelope from a front panel control fails to respond to the first note played. Corrected by setting all attack times to >0.008.
- another issue to note is mono/poly mode: I set keytracking to 0 on everything but the filter. Plays fine up and down the keyboard in poly mode, but when voices set to mono any notes played legato or even close together do not track, leave enough space between notes and they do. Not found workaround yet, so this noisemaker patch is set to poly mode.

I didn't examine the manual yet but because of you guys I know how to use this now :love:
I want to go offtopic and say that I feel shit about my username, I created it at the time when I didn't know there was already a German producer called "Phace"

I make a simple kick this way
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3olg2ju9hl51x ... .wraz?dl=0

using the log 7 waveform, sounds like a 909 kick on C2 note

I was going to turn it into a drummachine patch with macros but when I started setting up macros I got weird phasing issues..

Try different waveforms to get a different sound

Then go to:
MODS - AMP ENVS => experiment with different velocity shapes and decay/release times

MODS - VOICE MODS - slope gen => slope generator is used to create a pitch bend, experiment with different velocity shapes again and the different parameters here

Black Hole Horizon (A "droning" Classical concerto in seven movements)

1) Overture : 0'00" ..~2'05" : [Approaching]
2) Crescendo : ~2'05" ..~3'25" : [Turbulence]
4) Scherzo : ~3'25"..~5'30" : [Deviations]
5) Tema : ~5'30"..~7'25" : [Oblivion]
6) Finale : ~7'25"..~9'00" : [Engine]
7) Coda : ~9'00"..~9'25" : [Home]

This piece was inspired by the operas of classical composers of the past century:
the avantgardists Stockhausen and Ligeti, the Minimalists, Riley, Reich, etc..
But also by the European Space Rock. There the so called "trance effect" is a consequence
of attributing major significance to small musical variations, rather than being a goal in itself.

https://soundcloud.com/liqih/black-hole-horizon

Produced in Ableton Live using stock Live effects, Reverb Delay, Compressor, Equalizer.

xN "Waverazor LE" synth (guess N, how many?)

liqih wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:50 pm Black Hole Horizon (A "droning" Classical concerto in seven movements)

1) Overture : 0'00" ..~2'05" : [Approaching]
2) Crescendo : ~2'05" ..~3'25" : [Turbulence]
4) Scherzo : ~3'25"..~5'30" : [Deviations]
5) Tema : ~5'30"..~7'25" : [Oblivion]
6) Finale : ~7'25"..~9'00" : [Engine]
7) Coda : ~9'00"..~9'25" : [Home]

This piece was inspired by the operas of classical composers of the past century:
the avantgardists Stockhausen and Ligeti, the Minimalists, Riley, Reich, etc..
But also by the European Space Rock. There the so called "trance effect" is a consequence
of attributing major significance to small musical variations, rather than being a goal in itself.

https://soundcloud.com/liqih/black-hole-horizon

Produced in Ableton Live using stock Live effects, Reverb Delay, Compressor, Equalizer.

xN "Waverazor LE" synth (guess N, how many?)
This is stuck in my head hard right now.

phace wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:38 pm on the subjects of effects... I love the chorus, I would love a standalone chorus plugin like that which offers so much flexibility
So, you like that chorus? Have you managed to make it not crackle due to no interpolation within buffer rendering, when you use it as EFX?! Because, well, it's one of the many victims of this problem inside waverazor. :roll:

Anyway, I did however, discover the beauty of combs again, using them in the filter stage. They can hide some of the nastiness of working with waveforms and make this synth sound a bit more sophisticated again, hehe. :phones:

I might share a preset with it in a moment. Quite nice. :)

Return to “Instruments”