One Synth Challenge #119: Waverazor 2 by Tracktion (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waverazor

@ ALL - Question:

Using Waverazor as FX Unit, i.e. use the Oscillator Audio-In Feature is allowed?

Yes or No?

I'd say it's ok if the audio coming in is from Waverazor. I think that's the technique Leonard was using before with his 1bit style piece.

Ranoka wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:37 pm I'd say it's ok if the audio coming in is from Waverazor. I think that's the technique Leonard was using before with his 1bit style piece.
I agree.
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

[deleted]
Last edited by schiing on Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

I personally see no issue with using the Synth for its effects.
ANY Built-in effects native to the plug-in itself may be used. (So built in chorus / modulation / heavy overdrive / etc is allowed)
That's all you are doing, just with a little more freedom of routing.
And while the snippet i posted here doesn't use the effect, i did set up a patch to crush the sound to a single bit (sort of). If i didn't do this within the synth, it would most definitely be against OSC rules.
Might stick that on my current project just to see what it would sound like. I'm attaching it. feel free to try it yourself.
There might also be a better (more accurate) way to make the effect in WaveRazor, if you actually read the manual and take time to comprehend the Bit Offen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

I'm changing my name from "phace" to "Auplant", the name change is still pending. Is it ok to upload this track with "Auplant" instead of "phace"?

phace wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:39 pm I'm changing my name from "phace" to "Auplant", the name change is still pending. Is it ok to upload this track with "Auplant" instead of "phace"?
I'd say use a phace/Auplant tag this time, so everyone can connect the dots if the name change is still pending by voting time. You can always change it on Soundcloud later on (unless that's a pro only option? I don't think it is).

My KVR user name and my "artist" name are not the same, so I always start by uploading my tracks to Soundcloud with the song title only, so I don't get my KVR name in the url. Then I edit my title and include the "schiing" tag, at least for the duration of the contest - I can always remove it later.

tbh I don't have the time to learn this synth just due to ui. I have limited time a month (as do I expect everyone does) and I just feel like the ui hampers rather than enables me. fwiw, I really liked the sound from the synth, and I appreciate the concept. I suppose there are others out there, but this reminds me of Quilcoms WC Version 2 in terms of concept, with a much worse UI execution. For those not aware of Quilcom: http://flowstoners.com/quilcom

WC 2 gives you enveloped wave segments with level controls and a modulator matrix. Quilcom has incredible concepts, but sadly they are windows only. Also (probably due to Flowstone) they have occasionally crashed on me. Regardless, nearly all his synths are out of the box musical with really well thought out sound design workflows. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDAnca_9oXc

I really think a complete revamp of the this months synth is in order. Thanks for developing it, but please consider it!

My favorite part of this synth was the Filter collection. It's really obvious some great engineering was put into this. I just think it needs some better UI to bring that talent to the forefront. I hope this doesn't come across as being condescending or rude, just a guy who's frustrated he doesn't have more time to commit and wishing he did.

I don't think I can do it. This synth is just irritating me so freaking much. Unremarkable capabilities hidden behind one of the most obtuse UIs I've ever seen. Hell, I've used command line interfaces that were more intuitive.
Disco flangus shenanigans

phace wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:39 pm I'm changing my name from "phace" to "Auplant", the name change is still pending. Is it ok to upload this track with "Auplant" instead of "phace"?
Perhaps you could transition with the temporary name Phace-plant?

J/k

Experiment with Chained Envelopes:
All Envelopes can output their envelope and trigger signals at the beginning of each stage as well.

How you can chain envelopes -step by step:
0. Load init patch

1. Add Envelope 1 - The gate emitter: Setup the envelope after your liking, set levels and times and all you like.

2. Add Envelope 2 - The gate receiver: set the (pre-)delay value to say 10 seconds, other stages at your liking. Also set the envelope to "freerun". Without (pre-)delay even a freerun Env seems to be triggerd by the key gate!? Seems like a "bug" to me...

3. OSC 2 and 3: Set their R level to zero, set all segements to "track mode" Main OSC. Reason is we can then control all levels by the R level parameter rather than by the level for each segement. It's easier to set up routing, it requires less destinations, i.e. one per OSC and not for all segements.

4. Matrix Route 1: Source is Envelope 1, select for instance "gate out dcy", Destination is Envelope 2 "reset trigger"

5. Matrix Route 2: Source is Envelope 2 output, Destinations are OSC 2 and 3 over all levels.

Result:
When you now press a key the OSC2 and 3 will only come in after a certain amount of time which depends on the settings of Envelope 1 and the stage that you have selected to send the gate signal.

Note:
The decay setting is a workaround - if you plan to have a chained envelope set in after more then 10 seconds this will not work...as I said, seems like a bug to me, that freerun envelopes are triggerd by key press gates

Please check out Attachment - Note: Just remofe the ".zip" postfix, it's only there to cheat kvr upload restrictions. then import.

Tipp from nerdistan:
Anybody willing to build endless intertwind chain...I mean what if Envelope 2 retriggers Envelope 1 after a while... who knows when you don't try it out.

] Peter:H [
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Okay, here's now something special:
Chained Envelope with modulated delay time madness patch ... don't use if you want reeze, violins or basoons ... it's an experiment that shows what is possible.

Note: Remove ".zip" postfix it's only there to cheat kvr upload restrictions. then import in waverazor.

jasinski wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:03 am Perhaps you could transition with the temporary name Phace-plant?
I had struggled with a track title name, I might use that as the track title now. what I got going on is truly questionable, I almost felt like abandoning it but I will try a few things.

@PeterH never knew about that, will try it some time again...

Phace-palm...

Ok, I'll leave now.

rghvdberg wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:15 am Phace-palm...

Ok, I'll leave now.
so many track name choices for my shit. :lol: :lol:

Lol on one of my sounds the arp button won't deactivate, I'm just lucky that the sound IS an arp

Return to “Instruments”