Why use emulations of classic analogue synths---is it just nostalgia?...

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
39528 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:11 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:10 am
vurt wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:51 am
i dont have an account.
i dont have an accountant.

i dont have an ant, either.

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
26480 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Re: Why use emulations of classic analogue synths---is it just nostalgia?...

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:13 am

vurt wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:11 am
martinjuenke wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:10 am
vurt wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:51 am
i dont have an account.
i dont have an accountant.

i dont have an ant, either.
its 'anteater'
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
26480 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Re: Why use emulations of classic analogue synths---is it just nostalgia?...

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:14 am

or perhaps 'accountuncle'
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
2816 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Re: Why use emulations of classic analogue synths---is it just nostalgia?...

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:14 am

vurt wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:11 am
martinjuenke wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:10 am
vurt wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:51 am
i dont have an account.
i dont have an accountant.

i dont have an ant, either.
It seems I have an ant which you don‘t have, even if I don’t have it... :roll:

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
39528 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Why use emulations of classic analogue synths---is it just nostalgia?...

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:15 am

aardvark.

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
26480 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Re: Why use emulations of classic analogue synths---is it just nostalgia?...

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:16 am

vurt wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:15 am
aardvark.
never killed anyone.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

User avatar
bmrzycki
KVRAF
4083 posts since 11 Aug, 2006 from Austin, TX

Re: Why use emulations of classic analogue synths---is it just nostalgia?...

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:18 am

I started playing with synths around 2006 so I don't have any nostalgia to speak of. I'll demo things if the demo isn't onerous or rely on cumbersome copy protection sw/hw. If it sounds good and makes me smile I consider it a good synth. I don't really care if it's a reproduction or a new design, just make it interesting. :shrug:
Feel free to call me Brian.

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
26480 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Re: Why use emulations of classic analogue synths---is it just nostalgia?...

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:18 am

although seemingly giant anteaters have!

https://www.livescience.com/47113-antea ... eople.html
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
2816 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Re: Why use emulations of classic analogue synths---is it just nostalgia?...

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:20 am

Yes, cool, but how does this relate to the interesting things discussed on the previous pages?

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
26480 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Re: Why use emulations of classic analogue synths---is it just nostalgia?...

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:22 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:20 am
Yes, cool, but how does this relate to the interesting things discussed on the previous pages?
What, Kylie Minogue?
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

User avatar
donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
5152 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Re: Why use emulations of classic analogue synths---is it just nostalgia?...

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:22 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:20 am
Yes, cool, but how does this relate to the interesting things discussed on the previous pages?
Kylie Minogue has a pet Aardvark.

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
2816 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Re: Why use emulations of classic analogue synths---is it just nostalgia?...

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:23 am

No, the post before yours!

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
2816 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Re: Why use emulations of classic analogue synths---is it just nostalgia?...

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:24 am

bmrzycki wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:18 am
I started playing with synths around 2006 so I don't have any nostalgia to speak of. I'll demo things if the demo isn't onerous or rely on cumbersome copy protection sw/hw. If it sounds good and makes me smile I consider it a good synth. I don't really care if it's a reproduction or a new design, just make it interesting. :shrug:
Yes, cool, but how does this relate to the interesting things discussed on the previous pages?

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
39528 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Why use emulations of classic analogue synths---is it just nostalgia?...

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:24 am

donkey tugger wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:22 am
martinjuenke wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:20 am
Yes, cool, but how does this relate to the interesting things discussed on the previous pages?
Kylie Minogue has a pet Aardvark.
strewth!
rack off ramsey!

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
26480 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Re: Why use emulations of classic analogue synths---is it just nostalgia?...

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:25 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:24 am
bmrzycki wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:18 am
I started playing with synths around 2006 so I don't have any nostalgia to speak of. I'll demo things if the demo isn't onerous or rely on cumbersome copy protection sw/hw. If it sounds good and makes me smile I consider it a good synth. I don't really care if it's a reproduction or a new design, just make it interesting. :shrug:
Yes, cool, but how does this relate to the interesting things discussed on the previous pages?
Kylie Minogue doesnt rely on cumbersome copy protection sw/hw ?
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

Return to “Instruments”