Why use emulations of classic analogue synths---is it just nostalgia?...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

herodotus wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:46 pm Wow. Now this is a proper emulation of a classic kvr thread.

It contains all of the usual members of long standing: BONES, vurt, jancivil, donkey tugger and whyterabbyt.

It has a promising selection of newer, up and coming members, and more supporting players than a Cecil B. Demille pucture.

It's multi-layered: driven by opposing opinions and hostile disagreements over just about everything, punctured by humor in unpredictable places, laced with inappropriate claims to scientific objectivity. And of course, it goes on much, much longer than any sane community would allow.

In a word: AWESOME!!!
Surely this is a strawman argument, like the Nazis, or something.

Anyway, aren't all these sinthesisers just for people who failed at guitar or something?

donkey tugger wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:48 pm
herodotus wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:46 pm Wow. Now this is a proper emulation of a classic kvr thread.

It contains all of the usual members of long standing: BONES, vurt, jancivil, donkey tugger and whyterabbyt.

It has a promising selection of newer, up and coming members, and more supporting players than a Cecil B. Demille pucture.

It's multi-layered: driven by opposing opinions and hostile disagreements over just about everything, punctured by humor in unpredictable places, laced with inappropriate claims to scientific objectivity. And of course, it goes on much, much longer than any sane community would allow.

In a word: AWESOME!!!
Surely this is a strawman argument, like the Nazis, or something.

Anyway, aren't all these sinthesisers just for people who failed at guitar or something?
Fish.

fish people of europe!
lend me your ears...

And for all of the churning excellence on display, I still felt the absence of superprotooluser.

herodotus wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:00 pm And for all of the churning excellence on display, I still felt the absence of superprotooluser.
One also yearns for the return of the legend that was JP22.

oy
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

i suspect theres a serial killer somewhere, with both of there heads in a fridge. along with several other prominent nutters from kvr.
id do it myself if i was more mobile.

I need a joint. Got myself worked up on this one. Need anger management too. Can some of the even-older-than-me-members talk me down a little, while I try to put this thing on fire?

but i want to watch the world burn.

its number 4 on my bucket list.

IncarnateX wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:12 pm I need a joint. Got myself worked up on this one. Need anger management too. Can some of the even-older-than-me-members talk me down a little, while I try to put this thing on fire?

What do you think we've been doing?

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

that's like my first piss in the morning :o

Joint went off well. Now can someone plz picture some cats, ffs? If I never needed them, it would be right now.

Ploki wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:43 am hint: the topic is about hardware emulation
Actually, NO - the topic is about WHY use emulations of classic analogue synths. So, the OP was not demanding (or questioning) the precision of the emulations, what was questioned was WHY those should be used, and whether it's just out of nostalgia or there is a really objective reason why.
Fernando (FMR)

Ploki wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:43 am Well, as i said, if you have a LPF at 12000hz, a lot of things start to sound warmer, even Arturia's unbearably shrill undertone.

Also, maybe you should start debating things with a shred of objectivity... Why the hell do people think their opinion is so valued that it tramples fact? God complex?

hint: the topic is about hardware emulation
"sounds warmer' is inserted here in the middle of a rant about objectivity? All you need for 'sounding warmer' is roll off some highs? Everybody who's hearing tops off at 12kHz is 'hearing warmer', then. And 'shrill', to boot. Ok, then.

In the first place you've fabricated a straw man to beat in an argument, of course you'll win.

Return to “Instruments”