What in your opinion is the best Analog-sounding synth freeware out there (apart from Tyrell6) ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:56 pm New members sign up. Things repeat
That's why the Newbie subforum exists:

viewforum.php?f=74

There people can learn that "Analog Sounding" means nothing since the range of sounds you can make with such equipment ranges from blippy farting noises to lush Saw wave Pads.......... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Charlatan is a great little synth...

The Blooo is another one that sits well in the mix...
No auto tune...

chk071 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:11 pm Well... if the mods and admins here would want to prevent such discussions, they would do so, i guess. Apart from that, if we wouldn't discuss such topics frequently, which topics would be there to discuss? :)
life :D

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:20 pm life
Is that the thing with the nice graphics? :hihi:

Charlatan
blooo
Synth1
PG8X
And
MonoFury
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

I don't understand people getting upset about a thread which some people think is similar to ones they've seen before.
The answers given a year ago, or two years ago may well be dated. New freeware comes out, paid-for synths become freeware. There may well be something new and fresh there wasn't two years ago. New members stumbling on this thread might see something they didn't intend to search for and find a gem.

If you see a thread you think is banal, then simply pass it by. There's plenty of other stuff in the forum you could focus on.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

Synth1, SQ8L, Albino

AnX wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:39 pm
.jon wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:42 am
tony10000 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:12 am Dune CM, Bazille CM, Zebra CM, Podolski, Zebralette.
I believe (just judging from the text) that the OP asked specifically for "analog-sounding" synth freeware. You listed fine synths but they aren't even trying to be "analog".

while none of them emulate specific analogue synths, they are all more than capable of producing convincing analogue sounds, which is exactly what the OP asked for.
Best analog-sounding was what OP asked, and sorry but a digital wavetable synth without a filter certainly isn't it. Bazille CM and Zebralette are both top tier freeware and I use both a lot, but using them for simple analog sounds is just wasting their fantastic capabilities.

but that doesnt mean they cannot do analogue sounds, and do them well.

im pretty sure ppl are free to use an instrument any way they see fit

W23 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:22 am Synth1, SQ8L, Albino

Albino isn't freeware

Return to “Instruments”