Hive 2 is coming!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Teksonik wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:46 pm They know better than the guy who has been doing is successfully for years ?
To answer the question. I've been doing GUI design for over 20 years.
To be absolutely honest. The operational level has become quite a bore. Been there, done that.
No way I'm doing this for free.

I'm more into analysis now and have several developers working for me.
Which is the natural progression of things anyway.
And as an analist designing the GUI is still part of the job of course.

I'm only saying this to be done with your stupid arguments.

Or how about a neural interface that reads brain waves and turns them into music? Sadly I think some people here would be hard pressed to generate a sine wave....... :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Stefken wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:11 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:46 pm They know better than the guy who has been doing is successfully for years ?
To answer the question. I've been doing GUI design for over 20 years.
To be absolutely honest. The operational level has become quite a bore. Been there, done that.
No way I'm doing this for free.

I'm more into analysis now and have several developers working for me.
Which is the natural progression of things anyway.
And as an analist designing the GUI is still part of the job of course.

I'm only saying this to be done with your stupid arguments.
Says the guy who started the stupid arguments.... :lol:

Oh ok so you can't back up what you're saying. It's just all talk. I got it......... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

KVR needs some joysticks.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:17 pm KVR needs some joysticks.
i already have a joystick on the bug.
more pinball!

I think whatever is going in that new WIP area will be fun. Maybe Urs will add some pinball paddles there...naah. :lol:
But if anyone can make a pinball synth interesting u-he can. It's not such a mad idea I think. It would certainly make a lot of people smile. And why not have paddles in synths? :clown:

Here's a person who is actually walking the walk. He's a great GUI designer. How do I know ? Because I can see his work, have enjoyed it and have used it for a long time.

I know he knows what he's talking about....the rest are just talking.

http://www.satyatunes.com/web/spartan-gray.php

Can someone do better ? If not maybe you're not in a position to give one of the most prolific developers in the business any advice..... :wink:

That Satyatunes UI is not that far from the default Hive skin, just without the cyborg elements and more severe colours. The dark grey and that electric blue are a bit in-your-face don't you think?

I prefer the blue in the original Hive. I always imagined the hexagon filled with that light blue colour as an ice-lake. Like a still crystal ice-lake on another planet somewhere.

Sorry I don't care about "ice lakes on some planet". :P

The Satyatunes skins are easy on the eyes for long periods of use and highly functional. Of course so is the default GUI. Satya's skins just give a nice visual alternative to the defaults.
I simply posted his work as an example of someone who has actually proven his skills rather than just talking about them. :wink:

Anyway as a way of bringing this nonsense to an end here is an example of actually contributing something to this thread. Here are some patches I did for the latest version of Hive. Feel free to use them or toss them in the trash can as you wish.

Teksonik Hive

In that spirit I'm going to go make some more patches for Hive. Those who can't do can keep talking about GUIs and such......... :tu:

i dont think you need to be able to "do something better" to have an opinion about something, or more specifically, say you dont like it

im sure you said (in a hive thread with a sneak peek at the new gui) that you hated the pastel colours....

its all subjective really.... to me, some guis look great but have crap functionality, and vice versa. Other ppl have a diff view of the same guis. I vote with my cash.

Down to the dev ultimately, they can either take critique on board, or push on with their own vision, depends how sales are going i guess

Teksonik wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:47 pm Here's a person who is actually walking the walk. He's a great GUI designer. How do I know ? Because I can see his work, have enjoyed it and have used it for a long time.

I know he knows what he's talking about....the rest are just talking.

http://www.satyatunes.com/web/spartan-gray.php

while i do like his work, thats not really a new design. Everything is in the same place, just diff colours, new knobs and backgrounds.

there is another graphics person who totally redesigned it and bazille/diva i think (forgot his name)

AnX wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:51 pm there is another graphics person who totally redesigned it and bazille/diva i think (forgot his name)
You're probably referring to Plugmon?
https://plugmon.jp/

This guy is really good. :tu:

Stefken wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:59 pm
AnX wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:51 pm there is another graphics person who totally redesigned it and bazille/diva i think (forgot his name)

See how subjective this can be?

I find his skins not that good, and I never used (or ever wanted to) any of them.

Bad color choices, bad font choices, globally ugly... you pick.
Last edited by fmr on Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:30 pm

See how subjective this can be?

I find is skins not that good, and I never used (or ever wanted to) any of them.

Bad color choices, bad font choices, globally ugly... you pick.
i didnt say it was good or bad, just that it was technically a redesign

yes, thats the one, thanks

Return to “Instruments”