Hive 2 is coming!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Vertion
KVRian
566 posts since 29 Oct, 2016

Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:37 pm

Now I'm definitely pondering an Axe Guitar Hive 2 theme.

2 crisscrossed axes. I hope I get the freetime to make it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vortifex
KVRian
1228 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Re: Hive 2 is coming!

Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:38 pm

Stefken wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:49 am
This is so much better than the previous one. Very nice!
( Has a bit of a Satyatunes flavour for me. )
Can we see a version at 100%?
Right click, open image in new tab.

BONES
GRRRRRRR!
7842 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:50 pm

This has a real Sugar-Bytes Factory feel to it, which is nice. I was thinking it doesn't look as cool as the current one, right up until I loaded the current one and compared them side-by-side. This is so much slicker and more professional looking, even though it seems a lot more crowded. I also like the mirror symmetry in this one, it makes a lot more sense than the way it is now in 1.2. Great work!
NOVAkILL 3.0 : Acer Switch5 (Core i5, 8GB RAM, Win10), Yamaha AG06, Orion 64 bit, Roli Seaboard Rise 25, Ultranova, Rocket, Pulse 2, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt.

spunkmuffin
KVRian
821 posts since 5 Sep, 2014 from Heaven

Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:31 pm

The beige band accross the centre and the thin curved divider lines remind me of Dmitry Sches Diversion.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

THE INTRANCER
KVRian
915 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:40 pm

spunkmuffin wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:04 pm
This design just doesn't draw me in. Doesn't look fun...and it was looking fun in the WIP one. Hmm sorry. :shrug:
I'd agree with this, when looking at the previous WIP version to some degree. The most recent version isn't quite as exotic or has that feel of catching your eye in it's design with something new and different to the norm. Kinda like comparing a Ferrari to a Lamborghini in a way... in that you know when a new Lambo comes out, that you're going to get something cool and different but when the Ferrari comes out, it's not going to look a lot different to it's predecessor.

GUI design is always a difficult balancing act to get right when there are many pieces to the jigsaw puzzle, where generic functional design can fight with the artistic design freedom one has. Form follows function as the old saying goes...but one can meet in the middle it has to be said.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE INTRANCER-Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist - Orchestral Trance - Ambient - Film Scores | Soundcloud 27 | Soundclick 16 | Producing Music For 25+Years & Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect

giant_panda
KVRer
1 posts since 24 Nov, 2017

Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:18 pm

Hi to all! First post here, long time lurker, long time U-He user.

The new GUI looks great! But I though that now it looks like 3D enviroment with lighting turned off. So I think it will be worth to try to add a little bit lighting here and there. Especially it would be appropriate around the hexagone. I am sure it will add some depth. But what do I know... ;)

e@rs
KVRAF
4017 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:12 pm

BONES wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:50 pm
I also like the mirror symmetry in this one, it makes a lot more sense than the way it is now in 1.2.
I personally hate it. Why do you think it makes more sense this way?

Urs
u-he
23478 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:13 pm

giant_panda wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:18 pm
Hi to all! First post here, long time lurker, long time U-He user.

The new GUI looks great! But I though that now it looks like 3D enviroment with lighting turned off. So I think it will be worth to try to add a little bit lighting here and there. Especially it would be appropriate around the hexagone. I am sure it will add some depth. But what do I know... ;)
I agree and I'm sure that'll happen during final touches :)

e@rs
KVRAF
4017 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:42 pm

Those LFO Polarity switches are way too big imho and they also stick out like they're the most important functions of the synth.
Hive2-190412a.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Urs
u-he

Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:54 pm

e@rs wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:42 pm
Those LFO Polarity switches are way too big imho and they also stick out like they're the most important functions of the synth.
True. There's a whole lot of things which need to be polished.

It's a slow, iterative process. It never stops.

Ploki
KVRian
728 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:34 am

I like this last sneak peek much better than the previous ones. Reminds me of Hive 1 just enough to feel like home, but at the same time, feels new.

Yorrrrrr
KVRian
737 posts since 25 Sep, 2011 from Cartagena - Colombia

Post Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:53 am

Urs
u-he

Post Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:56 am

Disclaimer: The video is a month or so old... the UI is work in progress...

generaldiomedes
KVRian
613 posts since 15 Apr, 2017 from Canada

Post Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:18 am

Hive, Zone, Pigments, Massive X .. lately synth UIs have really been hitting the next level.

Stefken
KVRian
981 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Post Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:20 am

Urs wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:56 am
Disclaimer: The video is a month or so old... the UI is work in progress...
I like the vertical separator for the subs in this earlier video, which I don't see anymore in the last printscreen.

I like what I see but not enthousiastic about the mirror thing.
With less separation around the sub section, when you look at the top line, it appears as if the knobs have changed place between left and right (as you can't see very well that it is actually two sections and you mirror the elements but the knob positions within 1 element stay the same. So you if your regards (osc and sub) as 1 element (because of little separation) than the knobs seems to have changed position between left and right).

Also if you want to monitor both filter graphs, you have to watch like a chameleon. :clown:

The user definited graphs (you select yourself what you want displayed in the scope) are a nice find. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”