discoDSP OB-Xd now offered for sale? Did I miss the news?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.kvraudio.com/marketplace/ob ... y-discodsp

There are links for download and source code on the ad,
and $49 normal price is also now mentioned on discoDSP web shop.
Maybe an official announcement is coming.

The price is not an issue to me, as a lot of work has been
done, and the prospect of even more, would be welcome.

Or it could all be a blunder by someone helping out at discoDSP
who assumed too much while preparing the ad itself...
Cheers

It's free to use, or buy to support further development. https://www.discodsp.com/obxd/
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Woohoo - the 40% off sale applies to donations too! :clap:

I remember people calling George out for this a while back, since there's no indication throughout the checkout process that the "price" is in fact a donation and the note about it being free to use is way down at the bottom of the page. I like discoDSP stuff generally, but this does seem kind of misleading. Changing the text from "buy" to "donate" would go a long way.

I’m interested in OB-XD, can someone please tell me what the differences are between the free and the $49 versions?

Nothing at all in terms of features.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:16 am Nothing at all in terms of features.
Thanks starflakeprj.
That seems, er.. shady.. So why is DiscoDSP charging $49?

Well, it's stated on the discoDSP page:
OB-Xd Desktop has no restrictions and is free to use. Buy to support further development, thank you!

But the original developer is not discoDSP! BTW, there is also a version for iOS! Not free of course!
WTF is going on in this world?!

Doesn't matter if the license provides that you can take the code, develop your own plugin with it, and sell it as well. IIRC, all discoDSP has to do is provide the source code of their "fork" of the plugin. Then they can do it with it what they want.

I for one can't wait to give Georgie some money for a minute update and for costumer support.

Great customer model! Yaaay!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Nothing wrong with nice costumes.

Free to use. :tu:

Donate if you wish!

And OBXd is listed as free on just about every "free plugin" list on the internet. If you missed that, you weren't paying attention... :wink:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”