Omnisphere 2.6 announced at NAMM

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Ben H
KVRAF
2066 posts since 28 Jul, 2003

Post Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:50 am

K-Bee wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:25 am
They did say march bu I haven't checked my omni yet. Want it NOW!!!
I want it all
I want it all
I want it all
And I want it NOW!!!
~Queen
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

K-Bee
KVRAF
2125 posts since 9 Mar, 2009 from Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Omnisphere 2.6 announced at NAMM

Post Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:50 am

HA! Didn't even think of that :lol:

User avatar
PatchAdamz
KVRAF
4549 posts since 13 Nov, 2012

Re: Omnisphere 2.6 announced at NAMM

Post Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:55 am

Ben H wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:50 am
K-Bee wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:25 am
They did say march bu I haven't checked my omni yet. Want it NOW!!!
I want it all
I want it all
I want it all
And I want it NOW!!!
~Queen
:hihi: :tu:

jobinho
KVRist
124 posts since 8 May, 2015

Re: Omnisphere 2.6 announced at NAMM

Post Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:04 am

give it to me now .......... grandma :D

Examigan
KVRAF
4677 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Re: Omnisphere 2.6 announced at NAMM

Post Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:24 am

For 2.6, I am looking forward to the new sounds that go along with the new synths they’re adding for hardware integration. The D-50 is one. :)

I wonder if it will use any actual samples from the synth or if it is synthesized and in the “likeness” of it?

jpga
KVRist
132 posts since 15 Mar, 2009 from sweden

Re: Omnisphere 2.6 announced at NAMM

Post Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:08 pm

Spectrasonic’s It’s March now!
:love:

legendCNCD
KVRian
760 posts since 23 Sep, 2004 from there

Re: Omnisphere 2.6 announced at NAMM

Post Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:20 am

Give it to me baby, aha aha! :D

zimmerabc
KVRist
46 posts since 9 Sep, 2006

Re: Omnisphere 2.6 announced at NAMM

Post Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:42 pm

Is it true, that Eric said on Facebook end of March? :scared:

Examigan
KVRAF
4677 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Re: Omnisphere 2.6 announced at NAMM

Post Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:12 pm

Only 4 weeks left in March... :)

rightofway
KVRer
3 posts since 6 Jun, 2009

Re: Omnisphere 2.6 announced at NAMM

Post Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:29 am

I always found the Omnisphere sound a bit “samey” even with all the choices.
Going by the demos on YouTube the hardware integration will make it sound much more varied.
I have an Andromeda and when Eric demoed it’s integration I would have found it difficult to tell the difference if I hadn’t been told.
It definitely takes on the character of the synth. Not 100% but good enough for me to consider buying it.
They have to add filters etc for it to work. Although no samples as such are used. Might be different in wavetable synths.
If they can do it with something as complex as the A6 then the sky’s the limit.
That’s there objective and fair dues to them.

Firebird
KVRian
517 posts since 9 Aug, 2005 from USA

Re: Omnisphere 2.6 announced at NAMM

Post Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:34 pm

jpga wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:08 pm
Spectrasonic’s It’s March now!
:love:
Ah, March, a time for the fading of winter and the growing of Omnispheres.

Bippo
KVRist
41 posts since 1 Mar, 2019

Re: Omnisphere 2.6 announced at NAMM

Post Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:43 pm

rightofway wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:29 am
I always found the Omnisphere sound a bit “samey” even with all the choices.
Going by the demos on YouTube the hardware integration will make it sound much more varied.
I have an Andromeda and when Eric demoed it’s integration I would have found it difficult to tell the difference if I hadn’t been told.
It definitely takes on the character of the synth. Not 100% but good enough for me to consider buying it.
They have to add filters etc for it to work. Although no samples as such are used. Might be different in wavetable synths.
If they can do it with something as complex as the A6 then the sky’s the limit.
That’s there objective and fair dues to them.
"samey"?
Brah, there are more than 14,000 sounds in this software (before the upcoming update), not much bread & butter sounds (because really that's not what omnisphere is about) but the posibilites of this plugin are endless. I've been using omnisphere for a long period and I don't think I've discovered even 20% of what this plugin has to offer. Plus if you combine it with keyscape and trilian, that's a killer.

K-Bee
KVRAF
2125 posts since 9 Mar, 2009 from Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Omnisphere 2.6 announced at NAMM

Post Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:20 am

I have an Andromeda and when Eric demoed it’s integration I would have found it difficult to tell the difference if I hadn’t been told.
Great to know for non Andromeda owners like myself. It's sorta like getting an Andromeda plugin 8)

Examigan
KVRAF
4677 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Re: Omnisphere 2.6 announced at NAMM

Post Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:11 am

When I was watching a video with Eric in it talking about v2.6, it made me wonder what other small features might be added. For example, he mentions for 2.6 they added the same type of Bias control that the D-50 has.

It's mentioned at around 5:25 in this video:
https://youtu.be/flRJrG3ojS0?t=325

musiclover91
KVRer
15 posts since 7 Feb, 2016

Re: Omnisphere 2.6 announced at NAMM

Post Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:56 am

YES!! To those who feels Omnisphere is over rated, I can say i personally see a lot of Asian music makers(I'm Asian) using only Omnisphere(synth-wise) throughout a song. I asked why and they just said that its the best thing that was ever made:). looking forward to get this

Return to “Instruments”