VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2 Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

SLiC wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:53 am
Cinebient wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:19 am
I still prefer Alchemy by a country mile :D
The choice is not so clear cut if you ae on a PC :( I lost my Alchemy key in a HD crash and unfortunately hadn't backed it up (or the installer) so am now limited to the 'player' (which is only 32 bit) for all my (many!) soundpaks...so Alchemy is a bit of a sore point for me! (I still have all my packs in case one day someone makes an instrument that plays them one day- I can dream!)

Its worth keping an eye on Zone, its new and its being improved slowly, but it has great pottential in the context of sequencer modulation as was being discussed...

Back to Omni - Yes, you can't complain about free...it is now a very competent arp/step sequencer with rachet and fun tools like I used to like on Tremor etc...it can be used as be a beast of a drum machine!!
True, Alchemy evolved a lot inside Logic (but also lost some good things) and offers much more right now.
I´ve gone trough some of the new presets and i really like how Omnisphere adopt almost to any thing. My favorites so far are in the Pro 2 section.
Omnisphere is a really great tool for performances and i think it is more a thing for keyboard players than synth geeks (but of course also here it has a lot to offer).
So i hope we see more of things like Keyscape from Spectrasonics to work within the Omnisphere engine. I would love to have all my favorite Kontakt libraries as sound source there :hihi:
Sometimes i wonder why they do not create more multi-sampled content because i think it would sell well. I guess Omnisphere has a good market across studios, composers, keyboard players and last but not least bed room producers.

edit: hmm, that's not working right.

Hm. 2.6 is WAY snappier on my Mac compared with 2.5.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I really miss the visuality in the mod envelopes etc to see with a small dot when you play where the sound is like in serum etc.

Also a randomizer for the arp.

Love omnisphere but some parts still feel not up to date. I hope so much the granular part will be much better.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

It seems Eric has the rights to the actual samples from those great presets. I figured he would as he designed them but is he still working with Roland? Just curious.

Anyway I love the D-50 presets and the variations on some of them. It even has the Native Dance in there, cool! 😎

DrGonzo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:09 pm Hm. 2.6 is WAY snappier on my Mac compared with 2.5.

/C
Can happy say the same. 2.5 was a bit sluggish to navigate trough the GUI and especially scrolling trough the preset browser. Now it is smooth like butter for me.

topaz wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:44 pm don't forget to type 2.6 into the search bar to check out the new shiz '=_)
Wow, didn't know you could do that when searching..

Topaz, any other great search tips?

Thanks
Mike

I love Zebra, Alchemy...but man, Omnisphere is really in a league of its own. Just insanely good.

Question, what does INITIALIZE ARP do? I tried it a few times and it doesn't seem to do anything here, at least with this install I just did.

Trancit wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:17 pm
Caine123 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:53 am synapse audio would make a dune 4 out of this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

spectrasonics kick A**!!!!
Given to the initial costs I wouldn´t blame Synapse Audio for not giving away everything for free...

If I charge 4 times more at the beginning it´s easy to be "generous" afterwards... but it´s nice to see how many people are highly pleased getting a little bit for free for their initial investment
Unfortunately, that completely ignores how much work and cost it is to create 70 GB of samples. Comparing Dune to Omnisphere is apples and orange really.

My first play with HW integration was a fail. Turning the knobs moved stuff around on the screen but not the right parameters, also kept changing the 'part' (list of numbers for multi set up).

Will have another go tonight.

chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:05 am
Caine123 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:53 am synapse audio would make a dune 4 out of this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Given to the initial costs I wouldn´t blame Synapse Audio for not giving away everything for free...

If I charge 4 times more at the beginning it´s easy to be "generous" afterwards... but it´s nice to see how many people are highly pleased getting a little bit for free for their initial investment
Unfortunately, that completely ignores how much work and cost it is to create 70 GB of samples. Comparing Dune to Omnisphere is apples and orange really.

:x As it may be that there is no list of new presets incorporated in version 2.6, ridiculous :x

quilys wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:53 am :x As it may be that there is no list of new presets incorporated in version 2.6, ridiculous :x
There is a hint above (type "2.6" into the search field of the browser") or select "Featured" from the "Sort Menu" to get the new patches as well.
It's the music that makes the science worthwhile.

chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:05 am

Also Trancit learn the maths...

Dune 3 179 eu
Omnisphere 2 399 eu

399 / 179 = 2,23 times

And Omni 2 includes alot of sampled content not from synths but from various instruments.

Acknowledgement wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:26 pm I love Zebra, Alchemy...but man, Omnisphere is really in a league of its own. Just insanely good.
I feel really lucky to have Omnisphere. :party:
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Instruments”