Vecto Synth from Rob Papen

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can you load your own waveforms or samples?
I can't figure out if it is possible, and I didn't see that in the manual.

No.

Oh well. I hope he adds that feature at some point.

The release of BIT made me take a closer look at this as I was considering a used Explorer bundle. But I think there's too much sound similarity for me to have multiple Papen synths. This vecto looks like a nice straight forward synth with a lot of the capabilities of Blue which is a monster, but in a more approachable package. Only two minor complaints, which is that there is no tie per step like the other RP synths (I love the RP arps they are perfect), and I would have liked to see both filters at the same time, like Blue 2. They oculd have made the screen slightly wider I think to do that, but I know they were keeping the Reason layout. Which they should ditch.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:16 am The release of BIT made me take a closer look at this as I was considering a used Explorer bundle. But I think there's too much sound similarity for me to have multiple Papen synths. This vecto looks like a nice straight forward synth with a lot of the capabilities of Blue which is a monster, but in a more approachable package.
I guess I agree.
Go2 seems like a Predator 2 light and Vecto seems like a Blue II light.

As I like more complex synths, I prefer Predator 2 and Blue II.

A bit late to the party, but after reviewing QUAD recently I thought I'd give Vecto a shot as well, since they share a lot of components.
You can find the video here:
https://youtu.be/NjbbudyQypk
I make videos about synths, you can find my channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/synthratings

Vecto upgraded to V1.02 with granular option in the oscillators. Nothing on the site yet.

SHall1000 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:12 am Vecto upgraded to V1.02 with granular option in the oscillators. Nothing on the site yet.
yes only via email, and on sale, not a big sale, but still a sale; release notes;

VST3 support
253 new Presets (see below)
Granular resynthesis of the samples with a grain On/Off, grain size, length & randomization.
Sample Offset Dial (is sample is selected as waveform)
New Filters: 12/24dB Zero Delay Filters
New effects: Tremolo / Vibrato / Auto Pan Effects
New Play Modes: Poly MPE, Mono Hi / Lo, Legato Hi / Lo
New Mod Sources: MIDI Brightness cc 74 / cc 113 / cc 114
New Mod Destination: Sample Offset + Granular parameters
Control Menu (upper right corner of the GUI)
Date Ordering of Presets in the Bank Manager
Scroll Wheel for the Manager screens- And other small updates/fixes

also MPE capable!

If you buy this do you get the Re too?

Rather , does this update also concern the RE version ? :wink:
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

WasteLand wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:03 am
SHall1000 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:12 am Vecto upgraded to V1.02 with granular option in the oscillators. Nothing on the site yet.
yes only via email, and on sale, not a big sale, but still a sale; release notes;

VST3 support
253 new Presets (see below)
Granular resynthesis of the samples with a grain On/Off, grain size, length & randomization.
Sample Offset Dial (is sample is selected as waveform)
New Filters: 12/24dB Zero Delay Filters
New effects: Tremolo / Vibrato / Auto Pan Effects
New Play Modes: Poly MPE, Mono Hi / Lo, Legato Hi / Lo
New Mod Sources: MIDI Brightness cc 74 / cc 113 / cc 114
New Mod Destination: Sample Offset + Granular parameters
Control Menu (upper right corner of the GUI)
Date Ordering of Presets in the Bank Manager
Scroll Wheel for the Manager screens- And other small updates/fixes

also MPE capable!
Nice!

#retoo
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

The GUI reminds me of Phonec for some reason 8)

Too bad the updated version isn't the demo version. Would like to try out the new stuff.

Return to “Instruments”