One Synth Challenge #120: SE PolyMod KX by KX77FREE (Voting Time!)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Jazzaria
KVRist
145 posts since 28 Dec, 2012

Post Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:58 pm

Voted.

exponent1
KVRist
44 posts since 10 Nov, 2018

Re: One Synth Challenge #120: SE PolyMod KX by KX77FREE (Voting Time!)

Post Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:34 am

Voted :) Very good job by everyone!

Harry_HH
KVRAF
3280 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Post Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:32 am

Voted. Plenty of great tracks. At least in one case, otherwise good track was ruined with a poor and too loud mastering,

Taron
KVRAF
2367 posts since 17 Apr, 2010 from Croatia

Post Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:52 pm

Voted!
Well, well, well. At first I thought this whole set will need to be on 5 points, became quite careful with the judgement, but then further down the list things went a little...uhm... sideways. I should probably revisit my votes one more time, not sure, but for now...
I do believe that this synth brought out the lyrical side of many of us. Some even went totally dreamy and romantic, haha. While the most amazing track for me totally broke away from all romance and blew my mind for a moment (Danged, Rellik). After it, well, the next few songs were not just extra simple in terms of sound design, but musically all over the place. Cute in a sense of deserving encouragement for their efforts to explore composition some more and hopefully enjoy diving deeper into music theory, but in stark contrast to the awesomeness above. Still... sweet stuff and I really hope y'all pick yourself up and continue your wonderful journey!
Anyhow, after all, a good amount of totally wonderful tracks and some great surprises for me! I'm very happy for you!
(I'm right this second listening to Rellik's track again, haha... sorry, I don't want to bias anyone, but dang...I just think, it's stunning! I even want to know why it gets to me so much. I think, it reminds me deep inside its soul of the best of days back in the SID tune era. Makes my heart leap! ♥ )

løkken
KVRer
23 posts since 7 Oct, 2017

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:45 am

Voted. The result points for each track were calculated as the arithmetic mean of the ratings, me and asi4 (DKRT) assigned to this track independently, rounded up.

Rellik
KVRian
1240 posts since 22 Aug, 2003

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:26 pm

Finished voting - had fun listening to this round, particularly impressed with the drums people were doing. Several tracks I'll definitely be returning to listen to in the future! For sure løkken + DKRT/asi4's - your track is really special and so immersive (particularly the middle section).

eraze the borders
KVRist
132 posts since 4 Apr, 2012 from Berlin, Germany

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:57 pm

Voting is done. Some real gems again. There's so much creativity in this contest :tu:
Failure is success in progress.

Carl_saved
KVRist
136 posts since 17 May, 2013

Post Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:53 am

Voted. :clap: :phones: :tu: everyone

Tj Shredder
KVRAF
2017 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:42 am

Wonder if I have to eat my hat... voted and be prepared...

Ranoka
KVRist
202 posts since 4 Jun, 2018 from The UK

Post Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:34 pm

Been listening to the tracks while working, but been bit too busy to comment on everyone! I scored pretty high, lots of stuff to come back to in the future!
Good luck everyone, and have fun with Any Synth!

Quaoar
KVRist
34 posts since 31 Oct, 2011

Post Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:16 pm

Voted! Heard a lot of good tracks, good luck everybody!

Quaoar

RichardSemper
KVRist
447 posts since 30 Oct, 2013 from Stoke On Trent

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:00 am

Voted.
Was a real pleasure :) Well done all and Good Luck!

functionform
KVRist
287 posts since 13 May, 2017 from Virginia

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:13 am

Voted. Tough round for voting scale. I marked a few as needing a little more investment, but I really didn't think there was a single bad entry. It's hard voting in OSCs, since I feel like so many people do so well. Congrats to all on all your tracks!

exponent1
KVRist
44 posts since 10 Nov, 2018

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:37 am

functionform wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:13 am
Voted. Tough round for voting scale. I marked a few as needing a little more investment, but I really didn't think there was a single bad entry. It's hard voting in OSCs, since I feel like so many people do so well. Congrats to all on all your tracks!
How would you mark your own track on that scale of "needing a little more investment" ? How do you define that investment? Is it in terms of time devoted? Or is it the committed effort? Or is it a creative investment? :wink:

functionform
KVRist
287 posts since 13 May, 2017 from Virginia

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:51 am

I try to clarify in comments, but 2 in general is "hey, I sort of get it, but maybe the picture is still a little unclear?". 3 for me is enjoyable solid track but if I specify in comments, sometime I use it for "hey, I know you could have fleshed this out better, or I know you are capable of refining this idea!".

1 is reserved for "I don't think you took this seriously." or "Serious study required".

Return to “Instruments”