One Synth Challenge #120: SE PolyMod KX by KX77FREE (Voting Time!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

løkken wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:22 pm
bh9090 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:58 am løkken - how did you make that rimshot? :eek: Great sound and great track.
And then there's an auxillary track, added by asi4, which receives sound from the drum bus and adds high frequency content. asi4 used the following effects for this track: Protoverb (0% dry, 100% wet), ReaComp (with a really small compression ratio), IGVI2 (have no idea, what this thing does :)) and a couple of equalizers.
schiing wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:02 am IGVI2 is a great, little saturation effect from Klanghelm that used sparingly makes things shine that little bit extra and define them in the mix. I use it for snare and claps, hi-hat, bass, that sort of thing, and I love it.
Absolutely right! I used IGVI2 to add some high frequency content to the sound. Sometimes I use Melda MSaturator for this purpose or even bit crusher.

asi4 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:21 am
løkken wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:22 pm
bh9090 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:58 am løkken - how did you make that rimshot? :eek: Great sound and great track.
And then there's an auxillary track, added by asi4, which receives sound from the drum bus and adds high frequency content. asi4 used the following effects for this track: Protoverb (0% dry, 100% wet), ReaComp (with a really small compression ratio), IGVI2 (have no idea, what this thing does :)) and a couple of equalizers.
schiing wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:02 am IGVI2 is a great, little saturation effect from Klanghelm that used sparingly makes things shine that little bit extra and define them in the mix. I use it for snare and claps, hi-hat, bass, that sort of thing, and I love it.
Absolutely right! I used IGVI2 to add some high frequency content to the sound. Sometimes I use Melda MSaturator for this purpose or even bit crusher.
Thanks guys. The short reverb that imitates the inside of the drum is something I often overlook. Nice job on getting all those separate components mixed just right.

zarf wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:57 am Scores are bound to seem a bit weird with loads of top quality tracks I guess :)
Indeed. I figured I scored a couple of tracks too low. Things are weird in my head when I think of how to score them. Definitely a tough round with fierce competition and high quality everywhere. OSC tracks are Creative Commons, right? So we could use them in e.g. movie projects etc :D

Anyway, thanks guys :o :D And congrats to top5ers and top 24ers!!
I think I'll pass on price to TheNeverScene this time.

Now guys, a few thoughts I'd like to share.
I know OSC is just a little contest among many others. And some of you are just stepping by and trying yourself out. Some of you just enjoy to stick around and do fun stuff. I know that for some of us including myself it plays a big role in our lives. We think a lot about it, we do a lot for it, we strive to get some esteem from the KVR crowd. I am much the same, as you might have noticed ;) And although I don't always look like it, I am quite narcissistic. So OSC is a great opportunity for me (because it seems to work quite well) to show off and get applause (hehe) - not that I am the only one to do so. Look at you! :phones:
Besides that, of course, OSC is a huge opportunity to learn and improve. I've profited SO much from the community around here. I really appreciate any criticism/ideas/impressions and positive feedback to keep me going.

Narcissism/pride is a thing we need to be really careful about. "Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall." And it doesn't prevent me from falling if I just realize this. I've recently listened into a sermon, which is entitled "How to destroy your life: Believe in yourself!" It is addressed to people who have reached the top, or who WANT TO reach the top (of our small OSC montain if you will). It hit me exactly at this point. For the German speaking folks - that sermon is among my recent likes on SC. I won't talk about the topic in much detail here. But suffice it to say, pride shows its ugly face in all areas of life. In our relationships, in our profession, in the decisions we make etc... We think we deserve to be treated well. We think it is our right to have this or do that. And while we do so, we are dragging down others, making their lives worse.

I think pride comes slowly. We get used to its smell in our lives too easily. Humility is the contrary of pride. Believe me - it can be hard to humble ourselves in front of others (or be humbled involuntarily). But at the same time, it will be so relieving if we let go of our esteem! Being able to meet the others face to face again, with no need to defend ourselves - it's worth stepping down for.
Now this is what I believe: That taking the step down is made so much easier because I believe that Jesus took the step down to serve and do good to humanity, and be merciful on me although I DID NOT DESERVE it. To me it is not just an old story with a good morale. It wouldn't have any impact if I didn't actually believe it. Because I rely so much on the (to me) fact, that He gives me what I don't deserve, I am enabled to give others what I don't think they deserve. It doesn't matter anymore who deserved what. And I firmly believe this is for everyone.

I wish you a good time at 10 years anniversary Any One Synth Challenge, for those who will participate! I don't think I will be there. Switching back to submarine mode AKA invisibility mode - a crucial part of a heavy introvert's life. I hope I'll be back in the future. Thanks y'all! You are worth coming back for :)

UH, how nice, I totally forgot what date it was.... 3rd, uuuh, that's nice! Thank y'all and CONGRATS to the top 5 and all those, who would be top 5 by score, hehe. But also to everyone for having made a great batch of tracks! :hyper: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I just love making music and OSC gives the right kind of limitations to add a delicious challenge component to it. I won't ever stop being thrilled about my music getting so much appreciation from you all. Of course, it's an awesome feeling, but the biggest and truest joy will always just be making the music and being with my mind in the place where the music takes me.
Some of your tracks really take me to those places, too, making the second biggest joy to take a moment and ride on your channels. In the context of voting, sometimes entries go under, while they show their true might and beauty outside of it. For all those, who usually don't do that, I advice you to revisit old OSC songs and just listen to them. Makes me think that one should make a playlist, excluding only the least enjoyable tracks and then shuffle listen. Hmmmm.... nah, I'm too lazy to set that up, haha.

Again, great round and thanks BJ and Rich, of course! You ROCK! :tu:

Congrats to the top 5 for winning and to the top 10 for awesome tracks! :clap: :clap: :clap: A great round this time, fierce competition, and really hard to vote! :tu: :tu:

Hope to be back next time after propping up the list :( :dog:

I still enjoyed making my track and presenting it to you all. 70's styled mix/mastering probably not to everyone's taste - I at least remember (trying) to do it in those days of tape and being a fader jockey!

dB

Congrats to each and every one who participated this month! :party:

I feel the overall quality of all the tracks was extremely good this month and the scores reflect that there was such little separation between them that every one is actually a winner here!

Also, I'm very thankful to everyone who voted me up, and it's a really satisfying moment to end up in the Top 5 within 5 months of starting my musical journey from scratch. I've learnt a TON from this community, who've been extremely supportive and encouraging. Your talent, passion and support has really inspired me a lot over these 4 OSCs and I'm sure I'll keep learning and growing a lot around all of you! :hug:

Wish you all great luck for the OSC anniversary round and I'm sure it will be an auditory treat! :tu:

I don't really need to speak here but i will anyway:
Excellent work to all of you, and thanks for all of the advice and feedback.
Thanks for putting up with all of my experiments in music, too.

Y'all make such interesting and excellent music that it's fun to listen to the entries.
It's a time commitment, but one that pays back greatly with the community and experience and support.
As always, I'm looking forward to what's next, but I wanted to take a moment to look back and express my thanks.
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

Congrats to all on a job well done and top 5 especially!

Congrats people! I could only say that I am still too far from making such detailed and balanced entries.
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

BJ I hate to be that guy, but it looks like the numbers are off on the spreadsheet? There is no column on the left for Jasinki's votes. Or did he note vote?

functionform wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:18 pm BJ I hate to be that guy, but it looks like the numbers are off on the spreadsheet? There is no column on the left for Jasinki's votes. Or did he note vote?
He got disqualified since he couldn't vote. It's clearly mentioned.

Ah I didn't notice the dq was it really that clear? I just scanned the scores on the right.

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay! Been out of town helping out with some family health issues and had no idea.

Very nice sentiments, Carl. You hide your narcissism well! I don’t think anyone here agrees with you on that one! You always come across as humble to me!

Congrats to everyone. TBH, I’d probably have passed on the prize this month as well because there were way more qualified tracks than mine, but it’s nice to know that somehow it made it up there.

HOWEVER, I’m going to take this opportunity to make up for a couple of placings that moving and not being able to vote landed me some goose eggs! 😀

I’m gonna go big, but I’d love the new Sonimus Satson CS channel strip. If that is too steep for Sonimus (hoping it will fly since it’s on sale), then Sonimus TuCo. :)

Thanks again! Love the OSC.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Also very late to the congratulation party :ud:

Congrats to the winners and everyone else, it was a real pleasure to listen to so many different songs and there were some absolutely amazing entries. Always a humbling experience.
Failure is success in progress.

AH, sorry, PASS on the PRIZE! Thanks, though! :tu:

Return to “Instruments”