U-he offer from Native instruments

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Fleer
KVRAF
4112 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:48 pm

Sorry for asking again but why is “Urs saying that quality-wise, RePro begins where Diva ends”?

glokraw
KVRAF
6719 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Re: U-he offer from Native instruments

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:02 pm

The things learned and mastered while making and improving Diva,
were quite important, and Repro inherited them from the start.
A unified code base getting better and better :hyper:

RePriva V1.0 in 2021??? :hyper: :hyper: :wink:
Last edited by glokraw on Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glokraw
KVRAF
6719 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:06 pm

BONES wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:11 pm
It's unlikely that will happen, I don't actually use my hardware with my software. Hardware is for playing with, software is for getting things done. Although I have the bud of an idea for making it easier to use more hardware on stage, so it may change.
The UNO editor software turns the UNO into
just another plugin, for many uses. The arp
and sequencer are useful for playing synths,
and scales applied to the virtual keyboard
can be swept and played by a pointing device,
would be useful for those with a good aim.
Midi-learn on the UNO editor would make it
much easier for those with knobby midi controller devices
to make UNO sounds that blend
with Repro and other synths.
Maybe someday.
Cheers

Urs
u-he
23366 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:50 pm

Fleer wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:48 pm
Sorry for asking again but why is “Urs saying that quality-wise, RePro begins where Diva ends”?
If Repro's HQ switch was labelled like DIva's, it would have two setting: "Divine" and "Double Plus Divine". Mostly because due to extreme modulation options in Repro, filters and oscillators are oversampled twice as much as in Diva.

It's a strictly technical assumption though, soundwise Diva and Repro are complementary.

ATS
KVRAF
6227 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:54 pm

so in other words repro is sort of autoset on the devine setting? And then you can double devine it?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls ~ Pablo Picasso

Urs
u-he
23366 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:59 pm

ATS wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:54 pm
so in other words repro is sort of autoset on the devine setting? And then you can double devine it?
That's right.

There is an exception though. The 2-slot universal ModMatrix in Repro runs at a lower control rate than the assignable modulation slots in Diva. Therefore the Mod/PolyMod sections of Repro-1/5 run at a much higher rate than Diva's equivalents.

Fleer
KVRAF
4112 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:18 pm

Quite interesting, thank you :tu:

BONES
GRRRRRRR!
7711 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:02 pm

glokraw wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:06 pm
The UNO editor software turns the UNO into just another plugin, for many uses. The arp and sequencer are useful for playing synths,
and scales applied to the virtual keyboard can be swept and played by a pointing device,
would be useful for those with a good aim. Midi-learn on the UNO editor would make it
much easier for those with knobby midi controller devices to make UNO sounds that blend
with Repro and other synths. Maybe someday.
It's not the hassle of using both together, it's more the headspace I'm in for different tasks. We did actually record a couple of Analog Keys things but a fortnight later, when I wasn't happy with the recorded sound, it was too much hassle to go back and tweak it, so I replaced it with Thorn.

I'm sure I'll find a few basslines or something for Uno to do on stage, along with MicroMonsta and Pulse 2, and I've already decided that if we ever play overseas again, I'll only take my Roli and the little boxes with me (plus my PC, of course). But for local gigs the Analog Keys and Ultranova are more likely to get a guernsey - Analog Keys because it sounds awesome and Ultranova because it's strings are divine.
NOVAkILL 3.0 : Acer Switch5 (Core i5, 8GB RAM, Win10), Yamaha AG06, Orion 64 bit, Roli Seaboard Rise 25, Ultranova, Rocket, Pulse 2, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno.

EnGee
KVRAF
5178 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:36 pm

Urs wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:59 pm
ATS wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:54 pm
That's right.

There is an exception though. The 2-slot universal ModMatrix in Repro runs at a lower control rate than the assignable modulation slots in Diva. Therefore the Mod/PolyMod sections of Repro-1/5 run at a much higher rate than Diva's equivalents.
So, does that mean the modulation are audio rate by default? Sorry haven't read the manual yet!
Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.

EvilDragon
KVRAF
17707 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:56 pm

Poly-mod section is audio-rate, yes, as is on original hardware.

arznable
KVRer
16 posts since 28 Nov, 2016

Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:08 am

If I already have Arturia V Collection 4, 5, & 6, is it still worthwhile for me to get the u-he bundle? Thanks.

Harry_HH
KVRAF
3282 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:16 am

arznable wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:08 am
If I already have Arturia V Collection 4, 5, & 6, is it still worthwhile for me to get the u-he bundle? Thanks.
”Worthile” is very subjective. Here at Kvr there are people, who own a lot more stuff, what you describe, and they pull the trigger for the u-he bundle without any hesitation.
I purchased the Repro, not the bundle, because I own several quality tape emuiations, spring reverbs, delays and saturators, which I find overlapping the u-he bundle effects.

EnGee
KVRAF
5178 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:22 am

EvilDragon wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:56 pm
Poly-mod section is audio-rate, yes, as is on original hardware.

Just bought it! I could manage the money with just one dollar remained in my bank account (after paying the internet bill) :phew:

Now I need to delve into Diva and RePro and make some music (not just a noise!) :D
Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.

Stefken
KVRian
905 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:38 am

arznable wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:08 am
As for the synths I would say definately.
The repro emu is on a very high standard. Diva is also very interesting. The latest synths of Arturia are good. The ones released before the SEM are less good.

They are also different flavors. U-he sounds very analog; Arturia quite neutral and needs some oumph added in the low end.

As for the effects: there are a lot of choices out there and U-he is just one of many choices out there.

My 2 cents

elassi
KVRAF
2143 posts since 8 Sep, 2009

Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:05 am

As the weird sales thread is locked I'll post something here: "Abgabe nur in haushaltsüblichen Mengen."

This phrase is written in almost any advertisement re. sales. You may want to remember that next time.

Return to “Instruments”