U-he offer from Native instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Still don’t see why people would buy more than one bundle. It’s not like people are getting a huge profit out of selling, while the whole process takes time and resilience.

Shabdahbriah wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:08 pm The clearly implied contradictions are self-evident.
The quotes do not 'discuss' a single topic, that's why they don't work as an evidence for contradictions.

It's just a parade of statements to illustrate something else.

telecode wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:13 pmJust curious, what do you like about Battery so much that is different than Maschine? I havent used Battery but been hearing lots about it.
By bandmate seems to prefer Maschine but I like Battery more because it's a little more focussed on being a drum machine. It's also amazing to see the difference when you load a kit - in Maschine it might have 10-12 sounds but the same kit in Battery could load with 30-40 sounds. It's also easier to control routing to outputs so I can can put all my hats (or whatever) into a single channel (or I know how to do it in Battery, at least).

I tend to use Maschine standalone, when I am looking for inspiration or playing around, but when I'm ready to get to work, I switch to Orion and load up Battery.
telecode wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:11 pmI think NI should do something where the U-he bundle you buy is mapped to a single serial code that's tied to your account on NI's site, same as how their other bundled products are sold. I don't know what sort of complications are involved, but NI are a pretty big company with an army in their tech sales dept, they should be able to figure something out.
The simple solution would be to make sale licenses NFR, which seems to be something u-he can already do. That way they are full licenses but cannot be re-sold. It wouldn't make any difference to me.
I personally haven't bought the U-he product as I am still debating if its something for me, but I hate iLok technology and implementing iLok would be a total turn off for me.
I used to be against such things but having actually used iLok, I really like it now. It makes everything much simpler. I only use their software licenses, I wouldn't buy anything that required a dongle, but I've found it to be an excellent way of organising my licenses and I honestly wish all my software used it.
pekbro wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:10 pm I would say that I'm not overly impressed with the license delivery system, I would prefer
an actual user account. So much attention to detail over at uhe, the new system seems
a bit chintzy imho. Obviously the database is in place, I would prefer an interface to
it rather than a bulk email listing all my licenses. Not a huge deal, just sayin...
What? You have to create "an actual user account" to get your license(s). I did, anyway. The mail code was just to get me to the right page on u-he's site.
Fleer wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:11 pm Still don’t see why people would buy more than one bundle. It’s not like people are getting a huge profit out of selling, while the whole process takes time and resilience.
And, if you sell within 9 months of purchase, you have to pay a transfer fee. Maybe the simple solution is for u-he to increase their transfer fee to discourage this behaviour?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Fleer wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:11 pm Still don’t see why people would buy more than one bundle. It’s not like people are getting a huge profit out of selling, while the whole process takes time and resilience.
Is there another reason than profit? You don't have to look too far to find traders around here, even seen it going on in the charity auction.

BONES wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:25 pm I used to be against such things but having actually used iLok, I really like it now. It makes everything much simpler. I only use their software licenses, I wouldn't buy anything that required a dongle, but I've found it to be an excellent way of organising my licenses and I honestly wish all my software used it.
... until you have a problem or a broken computer without the possibility to deactivate your licences. Also ilok prevents my computer to spin down my hdd it seems.I still have one large hdd in my computer that should spin down after 10min. But ilok/pace seems to wakes it up. At least it doesn't happen anymore after I removed it.
Last edited by midi_transmission on Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Looking forward to buying the bundle this weekend. I’ve never used any of the u-he software but I keep hearing good thing about diva.

polarsky wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:12 am
Is there another reason than profit? You don't have to look too far to find traders around here, even seen it going on in the charity auction.
Note to bidders: All software products on auction for charity are licensed as NFR (Not For Resale) meaning you cannot re-sell the software once you activate the license. I cannot speak for all companies on the list, but unless otherwise stated, it's NFR. You are also bidding on downloads only unless otherwise stated, no boxed version will be sent to your home address, no physical shipping will be made (with the exception of hardware), you are bidding on licenses alone.

midi_transmission wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:26 am... until you have a problem or a broken computer without the possibility to deactivate your licences. Also ilok prevents my computer to spin down my hdd it seems.
I kinda think I should be more worried about being hit by lightning than my computer breaking. In any event, I am pretty sure I can remotely deactivate licenses, I don't need to do it from the machine they are linked to. I might be thinking of something else but when I was getting my new machine up to speed last year, something let me do that and I'm pretty sure it was iLok.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Really don't want to flame ilok in any way. I just spoke about my experience with it and my concerns. It's also a long time ago, I'm not sure how the current version behaves. As said I'm also not sure if it was really the cause for my not sleeping hdd. I just know that it worked again after deinstalling it. But are you sure you can deactivate the license when the computer is broken/lost on which the plugins are installed?
Last edited by midi_transmission on Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

midi_transmission wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:25 am Really don't want to flame ilok in any way. I just spoke about my experience with it and my concerns. But are you sure you can deactivate the license when the computer is broken/lost on which the plugins are installed?
i've done it ...
a cooperative vendor / developer is key ...

So you have to do it vendor by vendor and hope that you're getting it back? This is exactly the thing I want to avoid after spending hundreds of $ on plugins.

midi_transmission wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:38 am So you have to do it vendor by vendor and hope that you're getting it back? This is exactly the thing I want to avoid after spending hundreds of $ on plugins.
if your computer is broken / lost , you will most likely be having to contact all of your
vendors / devs , in any case ... certainly , any system tied to machine ID *...

* exceptions made for those systems allowing for multiple machine installations ,
but you will still want to reclaim that lost authorization for future protection ...

not trying to talk you into anything ; if you don't care for iLok , just stay away ...

I would like to give a gentle nudge, we have enough threads about ilok, u-he does not use an ilok so we dont need this thread derailed by ilok conversations
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

5Lives wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:59 am I have Diva, which is great and has a pretty wide sound palette, but every time I demo Repro, I don't get the same feeling. All the demos are even pretty similar sounding in terms of the type of sonic palette they use. Very synth wave / 80s stuff, which is great if that's your thing. Just sounds "old school" to me for a lack of a better term.
How is Diva any less "old school" sounding than RePro? They re both mining the vintage vein in their own ways.

See, it's started already (he'll know what I mean).

experimental.crow wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:48 am
polarsky wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:12 am
Note to bidders: All software products on auction for charity are licensed as NFR (Not For Resale) meaning you cannot re-sell the software once you activate the license. I cannot speak for all companies on the list, but unless otherwise stated, it's NFR. You are also bidding on downloads only unless otherwise stated, no boxed version will be sent to your home address, no physical shipping will be made (with the exception of hardware), you are bidding on licenses alone.
Doesn't stop someone from picking up a bundle when they already own the plugs and selling on the duplicates instead.

Return to “Instruments”