U-he offer from Native instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

telecode wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:10 pm Throwing these numbers around is pointless. The general consumer buy's virtual synths because they want to make music and be creative in their spare time in life with the product they purchased*.
This. I typically look for more feature rich synths too, just to get more bang for the buck, and, i also expect unison on oscillator level and things like that these days, but, a shed load of features is not the primary reason to buy for me.

telecode wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:10 pm Throwing these numbers around is pointless. The general consumer buy's virtual synths because they want to make music and be creative in their spare time in life with the product they purchased*.
This is by far the most sensible thing said in this thread so far.
Sweet child in time...

I smoke Diva with no filter, raw and dangerous to health,
just to eliminate the wheat from the chaff, dear chicken and toddlers ...

Ha, hundreds of filters ... bric-a-brac!

Have a nice weekend!
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

telecode wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:10 pm I would really like to see a product in the bundle that has a more "modern" synth sound. I have not idea what and how to exactly describe properly "modern" as it's a highly personal aesthetic, but the Moog/Prophet/Juno 70s/80s analog sounding stuff isn't it.

Hive is as modern as it gets, although I'm not sure it's in the bundle. (and i guess the sale's over anyway) Maybe it'd be worth looking into anyway?

sleepcircle wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:05 pm
telecode wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:10 pm I would really like to see a product in the bundle that has a more "modern" synth sound. I have not idea what and how to exactly describe properly "modern" as it's a highly personal aesthetic, but the Moog/Prophet/Juno 70s/80s analog sounding stuff isn't it.

Hive is as modern as it gets, although I'm not sure it's in the bundle. Maybe it'd be worth looking into anyway?
yup. i think i am adding hive to my pickup on sale list.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:10 pm
sleepcircle wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:05 pm

Hive is as modern as it gets, although I'm not sure it's in the bundle. Maybe it'd be worth looking into anyway?
yup. i think i am adding hive to my pickup on sale list.
You'll be waiting a while then. The intro sale has passed obvs, there was a 30% sale earlier on the year to celebrate the 1.2 release (and bump up sales after a slump following the announcement of Hive 2) and AFAIK there is no early bird sale for the v2 release. Instead all Hive 1.2 license purchases from now until release day will be eligible for a free upgrade to v2.
Always Read the Manual!

Isn't Dune more like Zebra anyway? Kinda power synth? Why is Dune vs Diva a thing

people love to talk about and compare the d!

:lol:

PieBerger wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:18 pm You'll be waiting a while then. The intro sale has passed obvs, there was a 30% sale earlier on the year to celebrate the 1.2 release (and bump up sales after a slump following the announcement of Hive 2) and AFAIK there is no early bird sale for the v2 release. Instead all Hive 1.2 license purchases from now until release day will be eligible for a free upgrade to v2.
Oh well, i am almost sure another version of something will come out and another sale will come, for all things in life must pass around one more time.

Vee zit! Und vee vait!
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

if you buy hive 1.2 it's kind of like getting hive 2 on sale

nevernamed wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:52 amYou know more isn't necessarily more in music.
You know we are talking about choosing something for it's sonic diversity? More features, of the right kind, is definitely an advantage in that context, wouldn't you agree?
I seriously doubt that anyone can exploit even the alleged "limited" feature-set in Diva.
I certainly couldn't because I found it sufficiently limited that it wasn't at all suited to our style of music, so there was nothing to exploit.
if you want a MS20 filter you can have it in the signal path.
Which is great if you think like an idiot but if you just want to make music, you don't care about which ancient piece of krap the filter might sound a bit like, you just want it to contribute something to the piece you are working on.
Lastly, the bottleneck isn't the synth. I think in almost all cases the bottleneck will be the person (converting all that potential into musical ideas or something that resembles coherent tracks etc.).
Whilst that may often be true, and you're thinking certainly demonstrates those bottlenecks, some of us have sufficiently broad horizons that a synth like Diva definitely puts limits onto what we can achieve, without significant extra effort, of course (because you can achieve anything with anything if you spend enough time on it). Time becomes the limiting factor so you need tools that will get you where you want to go with the least amount of effort. Sometimes too many options can get in the way of that but, at other times, those same options can facilitate the process. IT's a bit of a lottery at times but you eventually work out which tools are going to get the job done most efficiently and they are the ones you reach for over and over.
So
me of the best electronica tracks were made with the SH101 or Juno or the Mini and all those are less flexible as you say than pretty much any vst these days.
Nothing good was ever made with an SH 101. Trust me, I have owned several.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

well it was good enough for the prodigy, mstrkrft, aphex twin, squarepusher and boards of canada.

you don't have to like the sh-101 but the instruments of the world do not find their beginning and end in how much you like them.

at this point, however, i think that this conversation has successfully outmaneuvered any chance of being edifying and positive for anyone concerned

Yeah, the SH-101 was used on a lot of the classic Warp era records. Autechre used the MC-202, which is basically a 101 in a different case with a more flexible sequencer, for example.

Funnily enough, if I want that sound, ACE is always the synth I'm going for. It's not meant to emulate that kind of sound, but it can get there very easily, in my experience.

To each his own. I find the SH-101 uninspiring, bland and boring. But, that's fine. AnX and i always seem to like/dislike different things, so, it's perfectly in line with that. :P

Return to “Instruments”