Heat up 3 vs Gladiator 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have found these two vst to be the trap sounding instruments next to nexus and onnisphere 2. I’m trying to decide which one to buy. Which do you prefer?
DoomTune.com

heat up 3 cost a lot with all those expansions
i woud say electra vst from tone 2 is the same company
you need
acoustic instruments a good bitcrusher and halftime plugin and you are done
but heat up 3 is a good plugin

I don't understand these "trap sounding" discussions. You can make trap sounds with any synth plugin. Also Heat Up 3 is a rompler, Gladiator 3 is a synth, so this isn't even a comparison to make at any level.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:42 pm I don't understand these "trap sounding" discussions. You can make trap sounds with any synth plugin. Also Heat Up 3 is a rompler, Gladiator 3 is a synth, so this isn't even a comparison to make at any level.
I concur - I purchased electra 2 a while ago, and was looking for presets around online. Everything was trap this and trap that. I was legit confused. I've never seen a vst be so famous for a specific genre, let alone for trap. I don't see what makes is special for trap music. Massive or something like that seems more on par for trap music.

To answer the OP's question though, Gladiator is amazing. I'm constantly pulling it up in productions. But if you are all about trap stuff, I'd look at Massive by Native Instruments, or even Nexus. Really all you need is bass, good samples, and literally any simple vst synth for leads, etc.

starflakeprj wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:42 pmAlso Heat Up 3 is a rompler, Gladiator 3 is a synth, so this isn't even a comparison to make at any level.
This.

Re. Gladiator: Had it for years because of its unique approach but eventually sold it because no matter what tweaks you make the results have their typical Tone2 character. To me, this sound is too polished for my taste and often felt that I can spot it among ten other synths due to this signature sound.

They seem different. Gladiator is based in a unique form of synthesis, that is pretty cool. Heat up strikes me as being more of a sampler (or a ROMpler...nothing wrong with that) seeing how it comes with a 25GB library. I own Gladiator. It’s really fun but, I tend to tinker a lot with it and run with whatever sounds good to me at the moment. It sounds great! If you are looking to buy something in to work in Trap, Heat Up May get you there faster. It’s on sale right now too. I wouldn’t want to talk you out of Gladiator. I just think of it as a hardcore tweaker sound design kind of synth, as opposed to a sample library player made for trap music. Is Gladiator on sale right now? I would say to wait for the sale if it isn’t. It usually happens about twice a year

If you don’t like the discussion then why the hell did you click the link? They are comparable because both have a lot of trap sounds in them more so then other synths. Heat up from where I see has adsr, mm, arp, sfx, last time i checked, that’s all included in anything related to sound design
DoomTune.com

elassi wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:22 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:42 pmAlso Heat Up 3 is a rompler, Gladiator 3 is a synth, so this isn't even a comparison to make at any level.
This.

Re. Gladiator: Had it for years because of its unique approach but eventually sold it because no matter what tweaks you make the results have their typical Tone2 character. To me, this sound is too polished for my taste and often felt that I can spot it among ten other synths due to this signature sound.
How can a sound be too polished ? With a synth like Gladiator , or any synth, nothing comes out polished unless you make it that way.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:52 am
elassi wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:22 pm
This.

How can a sound be too polished ? With a synth like Gladiator , or any synth, nothing comes out polished unless you make it that way.
Tone2 synths do have some kind of psycho-acoustic "sheen" to them. I can't exactly put my finger on it, maybe some exciter or EQ that's always running even when you bypass the effects. Then the FX themselves of course also sound similar from one Tone2 synth to the next, even if the synthesis method differs between their different products.

Gladiator 3 is sort of a Wavetable synth, but you can mangle the wavetables in different ways and also combine two wavetables in interesting ways. It's a pretty flexible synth so you could use it for trap, trance, house or whatever else relies on electronic synthesized sounds.

With a ROMpler you'd be more limited to what's available in the sample packs.

I don't hear this sheen you talk about, and I own all Tone2 synths, I just am not hearing it.

The waveforms maybe different perhaps but I dunno. But no other influences that I can hear.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

It depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

If you want to have a lot of different sounds for production besides synths Heat Up 3 would be a better option. You can just find what you want really quick if you know the exact sound that you need with some.minor tweaks. Bad part is there is 25 gbs to download.

If you want to tweak a lil bit more and specifically want synth sounds, Gladiator by far. Its a synth, but its far more capable than just trap sounds. And there is jist synth data.. no gigabytes of samples to bog down the computer. However, if you were looking to expand upon it you are going to have to learn how it works to get the most out of it.

You can demo both. I do Hip Hop, but mostly I would choose the synth cause it has way more options to do crazy shit. If you already have Omnisphere or Nexus you wouldnt need another sampled based plugin.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Return to “Instruments”