£500 VST Instrument Or £500 Keyboard Synthesizer / Controller ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

£500 VST Instrument Or £500 Keyboard Synthesizer / Controller ?

£500 VST Instrument
39%
£500 Keyboard Synthesizer / Controller
61%

Total votes: 46

RELATED
PRODUCTS

As much as I love software and in what it enables me to do creatively, I voted for Keyboard Synthesizer/Controller. Being able to play a keyboard that isn't tied completely to my PC is really quite an escapist mindset I sense in an old school way. Also I've never bought a keyboard that wasn't able to produce sound of it's own...and with that, I can't imagine that ever changing. Different types of software has different levels of cut off points..VST's are actually pretty low on the price point scale in comparison to graphic design and video production.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I voted hardware but would change my vote now.

Hardware is a pain in the ass to integrate into an ITB setup. And unless you want to spend a small fortune doesn't sound anywhere near as good or have as many features as a 100 - 200 soft synth.

But having some kind of knob controller is essential, with either quick controls cubase style, macros or pre configured midi maps.

Return to “Instruments”