bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Raddler1
KVRist
147 posts since 17 Mar, 2012 from Montreal

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:06 am

wagtunes wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:56 am
Raddler1 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:17 am
wagtunes wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:15 am
$129 after voucher for me. LMAO.

That's okay. I still have no idea what this thing even sounds like.
Seriously?! You've been replying for pages and pages in this thread about your opinion on this synth and you haven't even tried it? That's some kind of talent you got there.
Not only haven't I tried it, I haven't even listened to one video, demo or anything. Why? At this price, I wouldn't care if it sounded like Caruso on steroids. No way do I pay THAT kind of money for an Oberheim SEM.

So talent has nothing to do with it. It's just common sense when it comes to spending my hard earned money.
So that's to say that if I offered you a real Oberheim SEM hardware synth for 129$ you would refuse it?

And you can't use the argument that the bx_oberhausen plugin doesn't sound like a real SEM because you haven't heard it yet.

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
17473 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:55 am

Raddler1 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:06 am
wagtunes wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:56 am
Raddler1 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:17 am
wagtunes wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:15 am
$129 after voucher for me. LMAO.

That's okay. I still have no idea what this thing even sounds like.
Seriously?! You've been replying for pages and pages in this thread about your opinion on this synth and you haven't even tried it? That's some kind of talent you got there.
Not only haven't I tried it, I haven't even listened to one video, demo or anything. Why? At this price, I wouldn't care if it sounded like Caruso on steroids. No way do I pay THAT kind of money for an Oberheim SEM.

So talent has nothing to do with it. It's just common sense when it comes to spending my hard earned money.
So that's to say that if I offered you a real Oberheim SEM hardware synth for 129$ you would refuse it?

And you can't use the argument that the bx_oberhausen plugin doesn't sound like a real SEM because you haven't heard it yet.
If you offered me a real Oberheim SEM synth for $129, knowing I could sell it on Ebay for thousands, yes, I'd take it.

I have no use for it and no place to put it.

Now how about getting off my back?

User avatar
exmatproton
KVRAF
2591 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Re: bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:02 am

Raddler1 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:06 am
wagtunes wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:56 am
Raddler1 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:17 am
wagtunes wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:15 am
$129 after voucher for me. LMAO.

That's okay. I still have no idea what this thing even sounds like.
Seriously?! You've been replying for pages and pages in this thread about your opinion on this synth and you haven't even tried it? That's some kind of talent you got there.
Not only haven't I tried it, I haven't even listened to one video, demo or anything. Why? At this price, I wouldn't care if it sounded like Caruso on steroids. No way do I pay THAT kind of money for an Oberheim SEM.

So talent has nothing to do with it. It's just common sense when it comes to spending my hard earned money.
So that's to say that if I offered you a real Oberheim SEM hardware synth for 129$ you would refuse it?

And you can't use the argument that the bx_oberhausen plugin doesn't sound like a real SEM because you haven't heard it yet.
I wouldn't....that 129 can be spend way better (in my case)

chk071
KVRAF
22238 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:10 am

I'd take a SEM for 129 €. :ud:

User avatar
MadDogE134
KVRist
284 posts since 26 Nov, 2007

Re: bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:21 am

i would pay $129 for a new back :) jus' sayin'

User avatar
W23
KVRist
440 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Re: bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:26 am

We’re not talking about a real SEM to begin with, and I wouldn’t pay $129 for the Oberhausen either. I got it for $50, and I’ll wager that it’ll go on sale again in 6 months for something like $69. So, why would anyone want to pay that for the Oberhausen? We’re all familiar the PA pricing strategy at work here. Anytime they throw out a price for something that seems excessive to me, I know to wait.

tenfingers
KVRist
62 posts since 22 Jan, 2011

Re: bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:06 pm

Hmm.. I have well over 20 PA plugins.. I didn't get any sort of offer.
I must say their discount system is a bit of a mystery ;-)
Anyway it's a pretty cool first synth from PA but it doesn't bring enough new to the table for me right now to jump in at full price.
I have the Arturia version which isn't quite as lush as bx_oberschnitzel, I'll be sticking with that for now.
Hope to see more (original) synths from PA though!

User avatar
waltercruz
KVRAF
1810 posts since 4 Dec, 2011 from Brasília, Brazil

Re: bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:19 pm

So...it seems that we are in the Oberheim season?

https://new.steinberg.net/rast-a/

User avatar
W23
KVRist
440 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Re: bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:25 pm

tenfingers wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:06 pm
Hmm.. I have well over 20 PA plugins.. I didn't get any sort of offer.
I must say their discount system is a bit of a mystery ;-)
Anyway it's a pretty cool first synth from PA but it doesn't bring enough new to the table for me right now to jump in at full price.
I have the Arturia version which isn't quite as lush as bx_oberschnitzel, I'll be sticking with that for now.
Hope to see more (original) synths from PA though!
Definitely check your junk e-mail folder (and go back a few days) even if you are pretty sure you’ve sorted it out before. I dig about every 3rd PA sales offer or voucher out of my junk folder. I don’t know why it sometimes goes there. I just know to check.

tenfingers
KVRist
62 posts since 22 Jan, 2011

Re: bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:34 pm

W23 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:25 pm

Definitely check your junk e-mail folder (and go back a few days) even if you are pretty sure you’ve sorted it out before. I dig about every 3rd PA sales offer or voucher out of my junk folder. I don’t know why it sometimes goes there. I just know to check.
Thanks - I found it in the spam folder.. doh!

User avatar
W23
KVRist
440 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Re: bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:36 pm

tenfingers wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:34 pm
W23 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:25 pm

Definitely check your junk e-mail folder (and go back a few days) even if you are pretty sure you’ve sorted it out before. I dig about every 3rd PA sales offer or voucher out of my junk folder. I don’t know why it sometimes goes there. I just know to check.
Thanks - I found it in the spam folder.. doh!
:tu:

Elektronisch
KVRAF
3572 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Re: bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:40 am

Still playing with this until trial period lets me. And this is definatly one of the best sounding software synths to me. Every time i play it, the sound gives me hardware like quality sound. That thickness and clarity. Its really on par with Repros.

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
4243 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Re: bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:08 am

This one is (at least for me) quite inspiring with a pleasant fat sound and clear accessible interface. First I was skeptical because of the usual PA hype and marketing blabla, but the demo persuaded me that it fits into my sound world. Sometimes strange things happen...

dermage
KVRian
546 posts since 23 May, 2016

Re: bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

Post Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:21 pm

Yes, i have similar feelings as when using monark or repro. Works really well, fat and punchy. Also the effects are not as bad as was said before, though they're quite limited. Actually make me revisit bx rooms, as the reverb sounds quite good.

User avatar
PatchAdamz
KVRAF
4749 posts since 13 Nov, 2012

Re: bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

Post Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:44 pm

waltercruz wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:19 pm
So...it seems that we are in the Oberheim season?

https://new.steinberg.net/rast-a/
This year we have FIVE seasons.

Return to “Instruments”