bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:41 pm Don‘t think they blow out something cheaper than 29$.
That seems to be the sweet spot (currently).
yep, I hope something between $29~$49 for heavy hitters, voucher already applied

my best guess is a 69$ release sale and vouch. prolly get it for 49$. best guess.

plus enormous tax
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I look at the prices of their stuff and I think to myself, "What planet are these guys on?" Who's gonna spend $300 on a compressor?

Seriously. What are these guys smoking?

Dunno. Who pays hundreds for hardware compressors? Who pays hundreds for Waves' compressors? People who want that sound, i guess.

If you look at all the products in the hardware section of a Sweetwater catalog, then you have to conclude that somebody must be buying high dollar compressors and channel strips (e.g more than $2,000 U.S.).
Last edited by jsp1979 on Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Of course it is a free market and anyone can charge whatever one feels to, but the current market is long literally oversaturated with awesome stuff, many of them much cheaper, some of them even for free.
Of course noone is asking that everything should be had for (next to) nothing, but a $300 price tag on a single compressor/EQ/delay, etc. plugin is imo simply there for the sole purpose of keeping the perception of beeing something better/more pro than the stuff that one get for peanuts.
Then again, some of the guys like Klanghelm, TDR, TAL, Valhalla, et al are crazily underselling their products. They could (and should) charge more.
Not that i'm complaining
Last edited by FapFilter on Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Dasheesh wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:15 pm my best guess is a 69$ release sale and vouch. prolly get it for 49$. best guess.
What was the price they released the PA version of Thorn at as I reckon that'll probably be equivalent?

Whatever, you'll probably be able to pick it up for a third as much within the year :wink:

FapFilter wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:50 pm Of course it is a free market and anyone can charge whatever one feels to, but the current market is long literally oversaturated with awesome stuff, many of them much cheaper, some of them even for free.
Of course noone is asking that everything should be had for (next to) nothing, but a $300 price tag on a single compressor/EQ/delay, etc. plugin is imo simply there for the sole purpose of keeping the perception of beeing something better/more pro than the stuff that one get for peanuts.
Then again, some of the guys like Klanghelm, TAL, Valhalla, et al are crazily underselling their products. They could (and should) charge more.
Not that i'm complaining
Which is exactly my point. There is some great stuff out there between $29 and $99. With the compressors I already have, some of the best IMO, I don't need to spend $300 for a compressor. And yes, Klanghelm stuff is amazing and dirt cheap. Valhalla too, though not as cheap. I think each plug I got was $50. Still, considering the quality, not much at all.

Anyway, I just don't get how these guys stay in business.

FapFilter wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:50 pm Of course it is a free market and anyone can charge whatever one feels to, but the current market is long literally oversaturated with awesome stuff, many of them much cheaper, some of them even for free.
Then again, some of the guys like Klanghelm, TDR, TAL, Valhalla, et al are crazily underselling their products. They could (and should) charge more.
Not that i'm complaining
I think audio software is generally overpriced.

Anyway, Plugin Alliance's price strategy seems to be different. High base price, and low sales prices. Just like Waves'. No problem for me. I'm resonsible for what i buy.

chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:55 pm
Not that i'm complaining
I think audio software is generally overpriced.

Anyway, Plugin Alliance's price strategy seems to be different. High base price, and low sales prices. Just like Waves'. No problem for me. I'm resonsible for what i buy.
Except if you go to the Waves site almost everything is on sale. Not so with PA. Most of their stuff isn't. You have to wait forever to get something on sale. I'm still waiting for one thing to go on sale that hasn't for a year at least.

Stay strong. Nothing better than to get what you want. :)

I've waited a couple of months for some purchases as well.

if it didn't go on cheap sale i would never buy any of it TBH. the way I see it the ones who got money to spend are paying inflated prices to help me get it cheaper. that's ok by me. i sure as hell wouldn't buy a 300$ plugin. i don't own it, i'm borrowing it after all.

we really need this....

Well, oddly enough, I think audio software is underpriced. If the pricing were higher there would be more developers spending more time and being more innovative and taking risks on interesting and niche stuff. See what is happening in the Eurorack/Guitar Pedal space? The level of quality and innovation there is staggering... but that's because the economics work out-- if you want that module or pedal you will have to pay for it, and the prices are an order of magnitude higher. I really see how pressure to lower prices and piracy are hurting the software space badly.

Return to “Instruments”