Sylenth1 in 2019

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sylenth1

Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:48 pm
pdxindy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:21 pm The point stands... how someone says something has no bearing on its value
How something is said doesn't automatically give it value either.....only the content of the message gives value or not...... :shrug:

Anyway I tried the oversampling options in the Sylenth Beta. 4X real time sounds pretty nice to me but damn it can tax my i7 8700K. :o

I think 2x real time and 4x render might be my default settings. :tu:
He improved the sound across the whole keyboard recently. I don’t know all the details, but it does sound better. It used to have some aliasing in the higher end, but I can’t hear it anymore. :)

Vortifex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:57 pm However, my subjective opinion that Sylenth1 is awesome is the correct one.
Not for the price it sells at. That's the whole point of argument all throughout.

Whether or not something sounds awesome is always about its performance to price ratio. The more you pay, quality should ideally increase as is the case with real instruments.

So for the price at which Sylenth1 retails, there are better sounding and performing synths. I think you'll agree with that. (Diva *cough* Diva)

Yes, it is easy to use, has a lot of presets and such. So yes, for preset junkies and folks who don't want to design very complex sounds, it might be a worthwhile investment.

exponent1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:08 pm So for the price at which Sylenth1 retails, there are better sounding and performing synths. I think you'll agree with that. (Diva *cough* Diva)
Two very different synths in fairness.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

exponent1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:08 pm
Vortifex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:57 pm However, my subjective opinion that Sylenth1 is awesome is the correct one.
Not for the price it sells at. That's the whole point of argument all throughout.

Whether or not something sounds awesome is always about its performance to price ratio. The more you pay, quality should ideally increase as is the case with real instruments.
It is quite pricey for what it offers compared to others in the market. I bought it on sale and even then I felt a pang as the money left my account. My biggest criticism of it is that the onboard fx are pretty naff.

Robmobius wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:36 pm
exponent1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:08 pm So for the price at which Sylenth1 retails, there are better sounding and performing synths. I think you'll agree with that. (Diva *cough* Diva)
Two very different synths in fairness.
Both are Virtual Analog Synthesizers. I don't see the difference in their positioning?

Description from the respective websites.
Sylenth1 is a virtual analog VSTi synthesizer that takes the definitions of quality and performance to a higher level. Until now only very few software synthesizers have been able to stand up to the sound quality standards of hardware synths. Sylenth1 is one that does.
Diva captures the spirit of five decades of analogue synthesizers. Oscillators, filters, and envelopes from some of the greatest monophonic and polyphonic synths of yesteryear were meticulously modelled for unmatched analogue sound. More than a single synthesizer: Recreate an old favourite or mix-and-match modules to design your unique hybrid.

Demo Sylenth1 and see if you like it or not. If you think it’s too expensive, there is a monthly pricing plan too.

exponent1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:44 pm Both are Virtual Analog Synthesizers. I don't see the difference in their positioning?
They sound completely different however.

Incidentally, Diva is one of my favourite synths.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

So for the price at which Sylenth1 retails, there are better sounding and performing synths. I think you'll agree with that. (Diva *cough* Diva)

Yes, it is easy to use, has a lot of presets and such. So yes, for preset junkies and folks who don't want to design very complex sounds, it might be a worthwhile investment.
And all this is true because you think that way? What if i say that sylenth1 is better sounding then diva? How you will prove that i am wrong?

I just couldnt skip this nonsense because for me its not about price to performance ratio and yoi are saying like this is a rule for everybody

"Whether or not something sounds awesome is always about its performance to price ratio. So for the price at which Sylenth1 retails, there are better sounding and performing synths. I think you'll agree with that. (Diva *cough* Diva)

Elektronisch wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:34 pm

And all this is true because you think that way? What if i say that sylenth1 is better sounding then diva? How you will prove that i am wrong?
Take a poll. You'll know. What I think doesn't matter. "Sounds" better is subjective. However, facts like - features, synthesis types, price, versatility, CPU usage etc. are not.

No point arguing with me or others over trivial stuff, unless you don't have better things to do. Honestly, I don't give 2 shits about either Diva or Sylenth1 :shrug: Use whatever you want to, buy whatever you to. Who cares :hihi:

exponent1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:40 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:34 pm

Take a poll. You'll know. What I think doesn't matter. "Sounds" better is subjective. However, facts like - features, synthesis types, price, versatility, CPU usage etc. are not.

No point arguing with me or others over trivial stuff, unless you don't have better things to do. Honestly, I don't give 2 shits about either Diva or Sylenth1 :shrug: Use whatever you want to, buy whatever you to. Who cares :hihi:
And what that Poll will show me? that Diva is better then Sylenth1 to me? its only going to show the preference of others. Are you a goat or a human with your own opinion and taste?
exponent1 wrote:Use whatever you want to, buy whatever you to. Who cares :hihi:
Apearently you do care.
Last edited by Elektronisch on Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elektronisch wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:34 pm I just couldnt skip this nonsense because for me its not about price to performance ratio and yoi are saying like this is a rule for everybody
There can never be a rule applicable for everybody (Not talking about laws). Purchases have, are and always be subjective. The practical definition of value, quality etc. again are different for everybody. So, this is not nonsense. This is a fact. There's a reason any performance ranking/rating review usually has a "Best Value of Money" award on top of "Editor's Choice" or "Best in Class". None of which Sylenth1 is.

Get over it please. So you like the sound of Sylenth1, find it suitable for you? By all all means go buy it. Just don't tell me what I've got to say on a forum and call it nonsense :roll:

exponent1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:48 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:34 pm I just couldnt skip this nonsense because for me its not about price to performance ratio and yoi are saying like this is a rule for everybody
There can never be a rule applicable for everybody (Not talking about laws). Purchases have, are and always be subjective. The practical definition of value, quality etc. again are different for everybody. So, this is not nonsense. This is a fact. There's a reason any performance ranking/rating review usually has a "Best Value of Money" award on top of "Editor's Choice" or "Best in Class". None of which Sylenth1 is.

Get over it please. So you like the sound of Sylenth1, find it suitable for you? By all all means go buy it. Just don't tell me what I've got to say on a forum and call it nonsense :roll:
Do you realise that you just denied what you said before? because you literaly before this just said the opposite and not subjective.

And to tell you the truth i dont find Sylenth1 better sounding then Diva, wich doesnt prove anything, its no worse or no better (although in some cases i do find sylenth1 a bit more useful), i just like to troll you because of the BS you are talking.
Last edited by Elektronisch on Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lol I love KVR
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

:band:

vurt wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:22 pm
pdxindy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:21 pm
Vortifex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:51 pm
pdxindy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:43 pm
Vortifex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:40 am
BONES wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:23 am Which makes your opinion worthless, I'm afraid.
Why do you think anyone is going to place any worth on your opinions when they're delivered in such a needlessly arrogant and aggressive manner?
Smart people would... If someone comes and says "hey you worthless moron, someone is trying to steal your car", would you do nothing about it because of how it was said?
Whether or not someone is stealing your car isn't a matter of opinion though, is it.
The point stands... how someone says something has no bearing on its value
....does if you're paying them for voiceover work!!!!

Return to “Instruments”