One Synth Challenge #122: Surge (schiing wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

574X wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:02 am Notice how clean the Reaper fx project bay window is now. Must've missed the patch note, or a miracle happened. Gotta love those awesome guys at Reaper.
Have you made all presets for all plugins from scratch? I'm asking because in my case, this window contains name of presets instead of number of instances information. To me it looks like preset usage across tracks. So if one preset is used on more tracks, it shows X Instances.

Sorry for OT.

z.prime wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:17 am Well,

You never knew him. My dad died a week ago. I didn't appreciate him the way he deserved, but he was always kind and supportive. I can't say the same for myself...
Sorry for your loss. Relationships to parents can be really tough. I hope you can make your peace with it.
Failure is success in progress.

maxym.srpl wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:39 am
574X wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:02 am "Notice how clean the Reaper fx project bay window is now. Must've missed the patch note, or a miracle happened. Gotta love those awesome guys at Reaper."
"Have you made all presets for all plugins from scratch? I'm asking because in my case, this window contains name of presets instead of number of instances information. To me it looks like preset usage across tracks. So if one preset is used on more tracks, it shows X Instances.

Sorry for OT."
I think these were very recent improvements, within the past 3 updates. I wasn't even using the lastest one as it had been updated last night as I was working. Can't keep up with those geniuses over there. :D

Well it works great for osc to have the list right there.
ctrl+b to open it by default on windows and you can just drag the right side or corner to see all the columns, reorder columns, and I click on the "status" column so that my bypassed mess of stuff moves to the bottom of the list.
Although I do make most of my own patches and there's more to the story, as many run in parallel, plus are mods ofc. Lately though, I've been embracing many more patches than usual and editing them because not only does it start you off where you want to be, rather than changing all the obvious params, but also I can break out of old habits and into new ones, and often learn something new about synthesis that way.

So great to read that the guys here at osc are involved in the development of Surge, too! :clap:
quick, _ake what you want in life

Good luck to all contestants! I got sucked into samples this month in other comps, sad I missed this one. Surge is super versatile, but samples are so easy and fun to play with.

574X wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:13 pm Well it works great for osc to have the list right there.
ctrl+b to open it by default on windows and you can just drag the right side or corner to see all the columns, reorder columns, and I click on the "status" column so that my bypassed mess of stuff moves to the bottom of the list.
It looks like this on my end:

Obviously have used 3 instances with preset "Classic strings". Once every instance is used only once, it's listed as separate instance. Maybe it's a matter of some configuration. But I didn't got answer even on Reaper forum.

Thanx anyway for the answer.

UH OH!!! For some reason, the track of mine that got reposted is not the track I actually submitted! I had edited my post with the new track, Clowned Upon.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

TheNeverScene wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:57 pm UH OH!!! For some reason, the track of mine that got reposted is not the track I actually submitted! I had edited my post with the new track, Clowned Upon.
Should be fine now hopefully

RichardSemper wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:14 pm
TheNeverScene wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:57 pm UH OH!!! For some reason, the track of mine that got reposted is not the track I actually submitted! I had edited my post with the new track, Clowned Upon.
Should be fine now hopefully
Thanks!
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Have Voted.

Good luck, everyone! :tu:

Voted.

Voted. Many strong entries this month in my opinion. uwu
It's very tasty, I swear!

Voted. It was a good month.

voted, but my track didn't get 1pt automatically, I guess I have to do it manually.

Voted, really cool and varied tracks this month, with one clear personal favorite!

EDIT: I tried to comment on every track this month, sorry if I missed some :)

MorphedDreams wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:45 am voted, but my track didn't get 1pt automatically, I guess I have to do it manually.
Have fun dragging it down there :hihi:
(Nope, it's never automatic!)

Return to “Instruments”