SynthMaster One v1.3 Alpha - Cloud Based Preset Sharing, New White Skin, better Microtuning/Scales

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster One

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:51 am Bulent,

regarding the GUI lag in FL Studio, what i noticed the lag is presented only when there is key input coming from Synthmaster, if there is no midi data in piano roll there is no lag and the synthmaster can be opened. Automation doesnt affect this, only key inputs.
I notice here the FL Studio lag only occurs when SM One's GUI is open.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mjprins wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:34 pm Just tried installing the v1.2 update.
Once installed I could open the VST in Ableton (9.7.7.), but the UI was corrupt, could not change patches, although I could open the browser window.
UI corrupt? can't change presets? does it only play the init patch? Not expected behaviors as long as the installation is correct, serial number is correct. Please do a clean installation :

1. delete c:\program files\kv331 audio\synthmaster one (you installed data files here, right?)
2. delete c:\program files\vstplugins\kv331 audio\synthmasterone.dll (you installed vst here, right?)
3. delete c:\program files\vstplugins\kv331 audio\synthmasteronefx.dll
4. delete my documents\synthmasterone\config\synthmasteroneconfig.txt
5. reinstall.

Can you also PM me your registered email address so I can test with your license key file.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:47 am So is 1.2.2 stable now for you? Is it better than 1.9 or what was it? What about stuttering and memory leak?
Yes it is stable. the memory leak issue for waveforms/wavetables has been fixed.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:40 pm
mjprins wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:34 pm Just tried installing the v1.2 update.
Once installed I could open the VST in Ableton (9.7.7.), but the UI was corrupt, could not change patches, although I could open the browser window.
UI corrupt? can't change presets? does it only play the init patch? Not expected behaviors as long as the installation is correct, serial number is correct. Please do a clean installation :
[...]
Upon further inspection, I noticed I had had manually moved the .dll to a custom subfolder in my vstplugins64 path. The new versions were installed but the old once (obviously) not automatically removed. I replaced them with the new .dlls and now it seems to work fine :)

mjprins wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:58 pm The new versions were installed but the old once (obviously) not automatically removed. I replaced them with the new .dlls and now it seems to work fine :)
That's what I was suspecting so I suggested a clean installation (y)
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:18 am
Greenstorm33 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:57 pm Most of the options in the dropdown menus (fx, mod matrix, sub osc mode, etc.) have a backslash after them now, which really bugs me.
Capture.JPG

My name doesn't show up in the "Licensed user" section anymore. It just says "Licensed User Name", which makes it look like I'm using a crack or something.
I feel like the binary component version is older. Why don't you do a clean install:

delete /library/application support/kv331 audio/synthmaster one
delete /library/audio/plug-ins/components/synthmaster1.component
delete /library/audio/plug-ins/components/synthmaster1fx.component

and reinstall v1.2
Thanks for the reply. I realized that I was installing to the wrong folder, so the dlls were an old version. Everything is working great now!
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Hi! this is a super cool update, Synthmaster one is so nice!

and now the biggest challenge: how to create a 375 x 667 skin without making it a very convoluted interface (iPhone 7/8). Once we can design the skin the framework is ready, we'll run this thing on iPhone immediately :)
Works at KV331 Audio

Just got a chance to try out SM One. Holy shit those presets are bad ass! Ive been sleeping on this. The sound designers deserve some kudos.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:53 am Just got a chance to try out SM One. Holy shit those presets are bad ass! Ive been sleeping on this. The sound designers deserve some kudos.
Thanks a million! :hug: :party:
Works at KV331 Audio

Here is a list of bugs I encounter when using SynthMaster One (I'm using the 1.2.2 version in Ableton Live 10, Windows 10)

- [LoFi FX]: when I turn the knobs, the curve on the left of the FX window doesn't refresh, instead it stacks the curves from different settings on top of each other.

- [FX Window]: somehow I can drag the whole FX window and move it sligthly to the right or to the left. I don't think that's intended?

-[FX Window]: when I right click on an FX to change it (e.g. changing Compressor to Distortion), once I have clicked on the new FX, the FX window automatically displays the first FX in the list.

- [Modulation]: many modulation bugs...For instance, the "clear modulation" option doesn't work for me. There are also issues with the mod matrix, I have had targets deleted or replaced with others (just the text is affected, the routing is still correct when playing the sound)

- [Pitch Bend]: when I load SM1, the pitch bend wheel is displayed 100% down instead of being in a middle position. Also, this is a suggestion, I think there should be a more convenient way to change the pitch bend range, instead of choosing a number from 1 to 48 in a dropdown menu that takes up the whole screen.

Thanks !
Last edited by Howgs on Tue May 07, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Howgs wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:15 am Here is a list of bugs I encounter when using SynthMaster One (I'm using the 1.2.2 version in Ableton Live 10, Windows 10)

- [LoFi FX]: when I turn the knobs, the curve on the left of the FX window doesn't refresh, instead it stacks the curves from different settings on top of each others.

- [FX Window]: somehow I can drag the whole FX window and move it sligthly to the right or to the left. I don't think that's intended.

-[FX Window]: when I right click on an FX to change it (e.g. changing Compressor to Distortion), once I have clicked on the new FX, the FX window automatically displays the first FX in the list.

- [Modulation]: many modulation bugs...For instance, the "clear modulation" option doesn't work for me. There are also issues with the mod matrix, I have had targets deleted or replaced with others (just the text is affected, the routing is still correct when playing the sound)

- [Pitch Bend]: when I load SM1, the pitch bend wheel is displayed 100% down instead of being in a middle position. Also, this is suggestion, I think there should be a more convenient to change the pitch bend range, instead of a choosing a number from 1 to 48 in a dropdown menu that takes up a whole screen.

Thanks !
I can confirm all of these. Also, Im on Windows 10 using 32 & 64 bit versions.
With the pitch bend, instead of displaying that window, maybe it should be implemented that we can drag up or down to + or - 38 instead of the window.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Got a couple new bugs on the synth.

First one is a GUI issue, at some point the phase knob on the OSC 1 part vertically expanded the waveform instead of shifting it horizontally (see picture)
sm1bug.PNG
Second bug occurs when I double click on the targets knobs in the mod matrix to reset them, they reset to a value of 1.01 instead of 0 which is quite inconvenient when modulating pitch for instance.

I also have some suggestions that I think could improve the user experience in SynthMaster One.

- Have a whole page dedicated to the arpeggiator akin to browser/synth instead of this tight space at the bottom of the synth

- Have both OSC 2 and FILTER 2 windows either display the same layout as their counterpart or mirror it (I would personnaly prefer the FILTER 2 window layout to be the same as the FILTER 1 layout).

- More constistency when it comes to different FX layouts. For instance the Equalizer and Chorus FX share a very similar interface yet their respective layouts move around.

- A more balanced browser page for the new satyatunes skin, the bank window takes too much space while the author window is seemingly too narrow for some artists to have a bold font(Xenos Soundworks).

- More precise control over knobs and sliders. I think sliders in particular could use less sensitive mouse control.

- Rename waveforms. Why is there a "Asymmetrical 128" waveform when there are only 16 of them ?

Thanks !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Guys, I'll look into those issues. Thanks for the bug reports.
Works at KV331 Audio

Here's what's coming in the next update, a feature that's very important if you're working in multiple machines/platforms:

https://youtu.be/FLQWQ0-xHbA
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”