SONICALLY Best VST Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reaktor
U-he, AAS, Virsyn
And so much new stuff. We are starting to hit the ‘dimishing returns’ stage with current dsp tech (imo).
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

I've noticed that Absynth and Audiaire Zone have superior sound.

Just got Sylenth and Serum today on subscription. Immediately apparent they both have this superior sound i mentioned.

Serum is excellent. Not sure why it gets a beating sometimes here.

Dive and Dune 3 come to mind quickly.
Many synths sound good for some things.

Massive X, Repro, Rapid, Spire, Sylenth, Tal Mod, Lush101, Serum (with the right wavetables and after some conscious tweaking)

Honorable mention - Virus Control VSTi
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Some of the mentioned would be on my Blacklist :/ So subjective... +1 for DUNE. Simply brilliant.

zvenx wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:47 am Repro 1/5.
rsp
Same answer for me 7 months later.
rsp
sound sculptist

I wasn't aware the thread as so old and that I also already posted in it...

Anyway, in 2020, I'd say Massive X and Largo from the "flagship" type synths, and Reaktor and breed (Monark, Super 8, the Blocks stuff). In general, NI is top notch in regards of sound quality, their more current FX's are all excellent as well.

Dune 1:) Still love it more than Dune 2 and Dune 3 due to its simplicity and fewer buttons, etc.

dasen wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:36 am Dune 1:) Still love it more than Dune 2 and Dune 3 due to its simplicity and fewer buttons, etc.
Subject is "SONICALLY" Best VST Synth. It has nothing to do with how many buttons you can handle :roll:

So, do you stand by your statement that DUNE 1 is SONICALLY superior to DUNE 2 and/or DUNE 3?
Fernando (FMR)

They've spammed the same reply to three different threads, including one on Obsession. I'm not sure anyone's home.

I think there is no "sonically best" synth.

Let's take Diva, TAL Bassline 101 and Unfiltered Audio Lion for example. Which is the best, soundwise? I have no clue :shrug:

BTW: Lion rocks ... if it goes on sale again, i'll definitly get it.

audiot wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:30 am I think there is no "sonically best" synth.
I totally agree. This is a typical "silly season" thread :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

audiot wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:30 am I think there is no "sonically best" synth.
Of course there is. The one which sounds best to me. :ud:

Return to “Instruments”