Unfiltered Audio's Euro Reakt for Reaktor 6.3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:48 pm
mrj1nx wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:28 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:37 pm This is actually how instruments (.ism) in Reaktor do work, but due to how Blocks framework is implemented, polyphony managed at .ism level was not possible.
but still I have a hard time seeing myself using it without polyphony. (Due to lack of time, I will remain a fairly casual user even though I'm a thorough Nerd. I could do it the "hard" way, but I just don't have time to micromanage too much, so instead will opt to use something else)
Here I created an effect , it splits the incoming signal in 1024 bands , just like a vocoder (with 1024 bands :lol: .
But instead of a carrier wave I used 1024 sine osc's , so the audio is reconstructed with partials
The fun part is then independently control / detune the partials
So yeah reaktor handles polyphony pretty well

The Magic word of the day : voice info module
this is very interesting to me. i am just at modular level, and not yet a real expert, but i now the stuff, and can i use it, quite interestingly. i can get great results. and i know what i am doing, yes of course, sometimes happy accidents. as always.

but sometimes i want things, and have to delve deeper. this is the time yet, for fully going in, i take it step by step (i also want to make music and write [a book must be published..]), so..
i have a programming background in several languages, self-educated, and can/could achieve quite a level, even that people, where asking me things... but that is a long time ago...
why i am telling that, your "test" ensemble would be great for me to learn. and it just what i wanted, partials and split bands, and not necessarely by the way together.
learning to program, was by example, and when i reached a certain level, i didn't it on my own, and i repeat, i achieved a level, that people where asking me for examples, or solutions. long time ago, so not in my fingers anymore. o if i delve in to it, it will surface very quickly. but time, time.

so this will help me, but i wasn't ever involved in any DSP programming. i understand, the basics, a little bit.., behind a module, but not at core level yet, i.e. in reaktor. i can understand the building blocks, not the reaktor blocks, but blocks from an .ism, or more abstract: a module in VM, i have an image how it works, to a certain point... i am just a beginner.

long story, i like to use your example, to understand by example. if you want to share it, that is, of course.

EDIT: not the right thread to ask, but the post is here.

EDIT 2: i do not own the EURO REAKT rack version yet, i will buy it, eventually. but my wallet is an abyss, right now. (o not really, but i have i keep buying...)
great stuff, and in racks you can play and play around.

Sure the example is easy as pie , and is all done in primary .
For some cases I prefer primary , the flters are good enough for some stuff .
Doing the same thing in core would easily double the cpu hit .

When a module is set to poly , reaktor created duplicates for each voice , at the end you have to combinne these with a voice combiner .
Now , the interesting part , you see that module at the left bottom ,it's called the voice info module .
The most important outputs ar the i.d. and the voice number
For example , let's say I have set reaktor 24 voices , and insert a filter set to poly mode , this means the filter has 24 voices .
The voice info module , outputs a specific id nr for each voice , so voice 1=1 , voice2=2 etc
The vcs output of the voice module outputs the total number of voices , inthis case 24
Now , when I divide the whole frequency range of the filter ( logaritimic 130 ) 130/24 = 5.4
If I then multtiply this with each ( unique number ) for each voice I get
5.4*1 ( voice number 1) =5.4
5.4*2 (voice number 2 ) 10.8
5.4*3 = 16.3 (voice nr 3)
5.4*4
5.4*5
Route the output of the bandpass filter into an envelope follower and use that to control the amplitude of the sine osc ( same method applies as writen above )
So fear each bandpass frequency I get an equivalent sine at the same frequency , fun part I can scale the carrier's frequency up /down etc...
The example is set to 128 voices
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Here's a musical patch i made with the free pack.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:borg:

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:43 am Sure the example is easy as pie , and is all done in primary .
For some cases I prefer primary , the flters are good enough for some stuff .
Doing the same thing in core would easily double the cpu hit .

When a module is set to poly , reaktor created duplicates for each voice , at the end you have to combinne these with a voice combiner .
Now , the interesting part , you see that module at the left bottom ,it's called the voice info module .
The most important outputs ar the i.d. and the voice number
For example , let's say I have set reaktor 24 voices , and insert a filter set to poly mode , this means the filter has 24 voices .
The voice info module , outputs a specific id nr for each voice , so voice 1=1 , voice2=2 etc
The vcs output of the voice module outputs the total number of voices , inthis case 24
Now , when I divide the whole frequency range of the filter ( logaritimic 130 ) 130/24 = 5.4
If I then multtiply this with each ( unique number ) for each voice I get
5.4*1 ( voice number 1) =5.4
5.4*2 (voice number 2 ) 10.8
5.4*3 = 16.3 (voice nr 3)
5.4*4
5.4*5
Route the output of the bandpass filter into an envelope follower and use that to control the amplitude of the sine osc ( same method applies as writen above )
So fear each bandpass frequency I get an equivalent sine at the same frequency , fun part I can scale the carrier's frequency up /down etc...
The example is set to 128 voices
thanks! great for learning!

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:48 pm
mrj1nx wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:28 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:37 pm This is actually how instruments (.ism) in Reaktor do work, but due to how Blocks framework is implemented, polyphony managed at .ism level was not possible.
but still I have a hard time seeing myself using it without polyphony. (Due to lack of time, I will remain a fairly casual user even though I'm a thorough Nerd. I could do it the "hard" way, but I just don't have time to micromanage too much, so instead will opt to use something else)
Here I created an effect , it splits the incoming signal in 1024 bands , just like a vocoder (with 1024 bands :lol: .
But instead of a carrier wave I used 1024 sine osc's , so the audio is reconstructed with partials
The fun part is then independently control / detune the partials
So yeah reaktor handles polyphony pretty well

The Magic word of the day : voice info module
How do I get this intriguing module? I couldn't find it in the user library.

Is $59 the permanent price now?

Are their modules worthwhile getting?? Especially if you have their other tools like Triad and Lion??

yes
Eyeball exchanging

simon.a.billington wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:47 am Are their modules worthwhile getting?? Especially if you have their other tools like Triad and Lion??
Absolutely yes. There is some overlap between Triad/Lion and Euro Reakt, but there's also lots of stuff in each of them that isn't in the others. Eg, Euro Reakt has all kinds of wild modulation options (especially the chaos blocks!), as well as physical modeling blocks, drum blocks, and a lot of other fun stuff.

I am completely confused by blocks, racks, and paid for versions of the previous for Reaktor 6 owners. I recently upgraded from R5 to R6, I need to do some reading.

Blocks = best thing about computer audio in 2020- or in other words, just a standardized format of Reaktor instruments that can be arranged and patched together easily like a modular synth

Racks = a new preset format to save Blocks patches that results in much smaller file size than ensembles

Paid versions of previously free Euro Reakt = the same internals as the user library versions, but with the new front panel patching and some other GUI cleanups and improvements.

I still prefer the old way of "rear panel" patching, but I bought Euro Reakt to show my support for Hettrick. The discovery of Euro Reakt in the user library really blew my mind and made Reaktor my primary VST instrument.

sluggo wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:34 pm I am completely confused by blocks, racks, and paid for versions of the previous for Reaktor 6 owners. I recently upgraded from R5 to R6, I need to do some reading.
Blocks are just instruments wired together , this is not a new hard coded container inside reaktor but more of a buzzword marketing type of thing .
It's awell thought out strucure made out of core+ primary
In order to create blocks one should def. follow certain rules for blocks to be compatible with other blocks and to maintain the highest possible quality , meaning everything is updated at audio rate .(except gui animations )
Therefore the audio processing side of blocks MUST all be done in reaktor core and follow the exact rules .
It's a pitty that N.I. didn't stress this enough because there are a shitload of user block uploads where primary modules are used for audio processing , and the lesser control rate when the event input is used , that's a no-go ( mostly beginners do this ) , creating a block requires in depth knowledg of reaktor core and dps in general
Now racks come in , racks are a NEW hardcoded platform inside reaktor to make things easie for non builders and host recall .
It just presents you with the blocks , without the option of delving into the structure , 6.3 brought us nice cables which are both availbale in reaktor racks and ensemble mode and not just for blocks.
In order to create cables , you need to enable the visibility of input/output ports , the on screen dangling cables is basically the old wiring as we know it but now in the form of cables
Needless to say ..we can not save these routing ( we never could , but n.i. is working on that )
When saving a song in your host , all the rack stuff is automatically saved with the host because of an online verification procedure .
Up untill the latest version , we could not use user blocks in racks becasue of this verification procedure , the latest beta let us do that without the verification procedure ( just a pointer to the user blocks directory )
Eyeball exchanging

Thanks gentleclockdivider and .jon.

So is Euro Reakt a set of custom made blocks?
If you couldn't use custom make blocks in racks in the previous version, how would a person use the block?

sluggo wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:45 pm Thanks gentleclockdivider and .jon.

So is Euro Reakt a set of custom made blocks?
If you couldn't use custom make blocks in racks in the previous version, how would a person use the block?
This version of Euro Reakt was encoded by Native Instruments to use with previous versions of Reaktor 6 (same for the the excellent Toybox modules). The new beta version also allows Blocks from the User Library to be used in Racks.

Racks are wonderful for a few reasons:
1) They are significantly smaller than Ensembles. A medium-sized Ensemble would be 60-100 MB typically, while a large Rack is on the order of kilobytes. I found that Ensembles really discouraged experimentation with Blocks, as I like to save my work as drafts. So, one simple experiment with Ensembles could end up taking gigabytes of space 0_o
2) I like having everything on one screen instead of switching cognitive models.
3) If you use Maschine or Komplete Kontrol, each Rack is NKS compatible. This means that you can save a Rack and setup controller pages and macros. In the Euro Reakt bundle, I've included 100 Racks.

Euro Reakt and Toybox make an excellent combo. Both of them have free versions that give a great idea of the design concepts behind each. Speaking generally, I would say that Euro Reakt is designed more like a physical modular, while Toybox is more like the modularization of a modern DAW. Some of the Toybox Blocks can individually replace entire plugins, while the Euro Reakt Blocks are more atomic.

As an example of my workflow, I'll do something like load up the Toybox FM Synth from the Synth Pack. This block has the Oscillator, Envelope, and VCA all-in-one (plus a preset manager!), so I just need to generate a pitch and gate stream, along with modulation. I like to do that with Euro Reakt, as it sends me down a lot of generative and unpredictable paths.

Smapti wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:40 pm
simon.a.billington wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:47 am Are their modules worthwhile getting?? Especially if you have their other tools like Triad and Lion??
Absolutely yes. There is some overlap between Triad/Lion and Euro Reakt, but there's also lots of stuff in each of them that isn't in the others. Eg, Euro Reakt has all kinds of wild modulation options (especially the chaos blocks!), as well as physical modeling blocks, drum blocks, and a lot of other fun stuff.
Thanks for that.

I haven’t had much opportunity to give Reaktor Blocks a spin, still. I just reminded myself about it recently and I’m getting all fired up to get right into it in the oncoming weeks. I might just start with the freebie first, before I over commit myself and get into it from there.

I’m okay with getting all “complex” with it, I just need to get in there, work on the basics first and just grow from there.

The next step would be designing my own blocks and circuits.

Return to “Instruments”