XLN Audio - XO - Improvement, Pros, Cons

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyones gui slugish? Im on studio one 5. Running scanned through a tb worth of samples.

SeeingInMidi wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:07 pm Anyones gui slugish? Im on studio one 5. Running scanned through a tb worth of samples.
A TB would be a whole lot of one shots. I haven't added my own samples to XO yet, so I'd be interested to hear from XLN on what they recommend as a max amount of samples before things start to slow down?

m-ac wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:48 pm
SeeingInMidi wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:07 pm Anyones gui slugish? Im on studio one 5. Running scanned through a tb worth of samples.
A TB would be a whole lot of one shots. I haven't added my own samples to XO yet, so I'd be interested to hear from XLN on what they recommend as a max amount of samples before things start to slow down?
I'm at 130,217 of my own samples and it's running fine for me.

Over 200k running completely smooth.

gondii wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:27 pm Over 200k running completely smooth.
300k here. Launching a full scan on all sources takes about 15 minutes so I don’t do it that often and it isn’t necessary to use the plugin even though it likes to nag you in a shrewish manner.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Hmm maybe i should split up my library.

The GUI is sluggish for a few seconds after loading/adding the plugin to DAW (or opening it in standalone mode) and you cannot click or at least hear the sound immediately when you click and drag.

But that's it, after the initial few seconds it works fine.

OK, yes it also takes a few seconds to load up initially. A complete scan, like when you first install the plugin takes ages. But I also never do that. My library is split up in several folders which I would definitely recommend, also for filtering purposes.

Is there no MIDI Learn on this thing? I just tried mapping out some controols to hardware to discover there's no Learn.

JiggSaw wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:57 pm
m-ac wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:48 pm
I'm at 130,217 of my own samples and it's running fine for me.
I'm still making symbolic links and sorting through my library.
I've got dozens of drum libraries I've collected over the years for Battery, Geist/GURU, Maschine, MPC, EXS and Logic in general, Spark, Kontakt etc.. etc. spread over three drives. No discernible order. :oops:
I'm guessing in the 500K range when all is said and done. Trying to make it so I'm not updating all 500K when I add to it.

I m looking for a way to add my loops/midi file directly into X0. And manage them from there. is there a way to do this?

loregalle wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:45 pm I m looking for a way to add my loops/midi file directly into X0. And manage them from there. is there a way to do this?
Not in the current version, it only deals with one shot audio drum samples.
You could program the loop/midi beats in manually and save them as patterns, but only manually one at a time.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

thanks. that s something to add for sure in next releases

loregalle wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:45 pm I m looking for a way to add my loops/midi file directly into X0. And manage them from there. is there a way to do this?
I requested the support for adding the loops extension to XO. It seems they have also thought about it, but obviously, there is no definite answer on when/if it will be added.

I would love if XO Space has two tabs on its top area: One-Shots and Loops. That way, there will be different "spaces" to navigate one-shots and loops.

Even if they just implement the space/search functionality and stop without adding any other functionality for loops, I would be more than happy. I just want something (XO!) that makes loops as easily accessible as one-shots. We all have not just gathered one-shots but loops too, right?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:33 am
I just want something (XO!) that makes loops as easily accessible as one-shots.
For this purpose I bought Geist. I also have IL Slicex but Geist is much much better option. There is also nice New Sonic Arts VICE for great manipulation with loops.

Return to “Instruments”