Ascension

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I saw this great deal for this synth and got it. Can't activate it. It say's go to "more options" and input serial it also says import activation file, which I have. can't do either. there is no place to import file or input serial on Mac 10.13.6
There is no tab to do so therefore can't take out of demo mode or escape the hissing sound that goes with that.

I had the same problem on Windows 8.1 and found a solution. Have you installed the standalone version ? The "import activation file" may appear on the standalone version in Options/Settings. On my system, it appeared only when I loaded Ascension in Wavosaur. I know it sounds ridiculous, but try loading Ascension in any program that can load VST plugins and Ascension may appear differently, this is what happened on my machine.
Here are my screenshots from Cubase 10 and Wavosaur :
viewtopic.php?p=7378496#p7378496
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Edit: nvmd, just saw that you already have the license file.

Follow the activation instructions in the Ascension Synth manual and not those provided by PB (which are incorrect).

They point you to the following website where you can get the license file which you will need for the activation:

https://cubicaudio.co.uk/licensing/index.php

If I remember correctly there should also be a link to that site in the Plugin GUI.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Are you running the trial...I think I recall only the full version had option to import the activation file.

The process is first to get the hardware ID from Settings, then visit https://cubicaudio.co.uk/licensing/index.php and enter your serial number and hardware ID. This will generate your activation file, which you should be able to import in the full mac version.

Warning: Make sure to store the license on your main OS drive. Here's why: if the license is located on a different hard drive, the GUI will accept it HOWEVER the plugin will continue to crash and unexpectedly quit your DAW.

To import the license, on the GUI click Options > settings > Import license, and navigate to wherever the license is located on your main hard drive!!

This tip was courtesy of starflakeprj on another thread, as the same thing had happened to me.

Thanks for the mention macmuse :tu:
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

No problem...credit where credit's due. :)

Can't demo it with such loud hiss. Literally headache for me.
Time limited demos don't need annoying crippling.
Silence at intervals at least would be better.

Can I second Musical Gyms comment. The blast of white noise thats much louder than the synths volume level triggered my tinnitus.

They say they "can't" fix it:
"Hi, my apologies about the issue, but we are not the developers of the plugin. We have created some exclusive content for it and we are distributing it as our exclusive edition. However the original creators are from Cubic Audio, so there is nothing we can do about this sadly :("
Beezarrr

Nothing they can do? They CAN contact the developer maybe? Sounds more like they won't, than they can't, do anything. Anyway, I bought it based on a few videos, and the price was close to nothing anyway. It doesn't sound bad, some presets are actually really good. But as I mention in another thread, see this as a "player" rather than a synth, and you get another perspective.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Who did you contact?
The website that sold you the plugin?
The website that created the plugin?
or
The website that has an association with the plugin?

"Why didn't they contact the creator?"
Why didn't you?
Cut out the middle man and go to the source. That will also get you a faster response time.

Sites that sell the plugin can't fix issues with it. The creator of the plugin can.

So you contact the website associated with the plugin = 1.
The website that sold you the plugin = 2.
Then bitched about it on a forum = 3.
You contacted everyone but the creator of the plugin, and it still doesn't work? Shocking.

Here is who you need to contact. I went to google, I typed in Ascension Plugin and can you believe it, look what I found:

info@ascension-vst-synthesizer.com (mailto:info@ascension-vst-synthesizer.com)
https://www.ascension-vst-synthesizer.com/contact (https://www.ascension-vst-synthesizer.com/contact)

And what do you know, the instructions on the website selling the plugin are wrong, but the instructions inside the manual of the plugin are correct? Imagine That.

It really isn't rocket science. Well, I guess for some it is.

Ok guys, I have the solution. The same thing happened to me, I contacted support and this is how to fix it. First, go to these folders; This PC, Documents, CubicAudio, Ascension, then delete the license.dat file. Now just re-do your license and download it again, then import it in the Settings part of your Ascension vst. You might not even have to redo your license, just try reimporting it into your vst once you have deleted that license.dat file. It should work!

Two first time posts: a knee jerk reaction (WA Production are selling Ascension as their own product), and a solution. Dev? :D

nicoleproducer wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:48 pm Ok guys, I have the solution. The same thing happened to me, I contacted support and this is how to fix it. First, go to these folders; This PC, Documents, CubicAudio, Ascension, then delete the license.dat file. Now just re-do your license and download it again, then import it in the Settings part of your Ascension vst. You might not even have to redo your license, just try reimporting it into your vst once you have deleted that license.dat file. It should work!
Worked for me!

Return to “Instruments”