Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

As the title says 😀.

We are proud to announce the latest version of the VCollection.

If you have any comment or feedback, please post here and we will do our best to answer.

Kevin
Last edited by ke2041 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin, I have been a loyal Arturia customer since V3.

There are 24 instruments in V7. The price is $399. If you do the math, that comes out to $16.62 per instrument for new buyers.

My upgrade price is $299. That's OVER half the cost of the entire package and it's for all of 3 new instruments.

Add to that the fact that last year's "lowest price it will ever be upgrade" that I believed and paid for turned out to not be the case as a year later you could get the collection for $99.

Given all that, I hope you can understand how a lot of your loyal long time customers will be hesitant to upgrade.

I say this with all due respect. Your upgrade pricing isn't even close to being fair to existing long time customers.

I respectfully hope that Arturia will reconsider this pricing in the future as I will not be upgrading for the first time since getting my first V series product.

The update contained nothing that I hoped for. But I'm still really excited. The CZ looks amazing!

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Great news ;-),

Just wondering..Is there a grace period for customerswho purchased Arturia V Collection 6 and activated it recently? or about to activate it now..etc..??

Many thx for replying in advance,

ATS.
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

wagtunes wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:53 pm Kevin, I have been a loyal Arturia customer since V3.

There are 24 instruments in V7. The price is $399. If you do the math, that comes out to $16.62 per instrument for new buyers.

My upgrade price is $299. That's OVER half the cost of the entire package and it's for all of 3 new instruments.

Add to that the fact that last year's "lowest price it will ever be upgrade" that I believed and paid for turned out to not be the case as a year later you could get the collection for $99.

Given all that, I hope you can understand how a lot of your loyal long time customers will be hesitant to upgrade.

I say this with all due respect. Your upgrade pricing isn't even close to being fair to existing long time customers.

I respectfully hope that Arturia will reconsider this pricing in the future as I will not be upgrading for the first time since getting my first V series product.
^^ what he said.

^^ +1 more

Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

^^+1 More - its a PITA having to wait for the 99 USD sale every time there is an upgrade- Loyal users are always penalised- 'Brand New Customers' only deals - same with banks, insurance etc etc.

As a V6 and Pigments user it really takes the shine of what should be a great release....but getting B3 V2 and AL 4 (which incidentally is a suburb and often overlooked VST in its own right) for free helps me be able to wait with a smile :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

As a quick review- all the new instruments (inc. B3 V2) sound amazing, this is really top draw stuff.

Sound- as good as emulations as I have heard
GUI- IMHO amongst the best in the business, stay sharp when resizable, amazing depth in editing with 'modern' easy to use controls opnce opened.
Using everything in just 1 plug (Analog Lab needs to change its name!) makes everything convenient and easy to flip between sounds/plugs.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:15 pm As a quick review- all the new instruments (inc. B3 V2) sound amazing, this is really top draw stuff.
I was just saying in the other thread that people shouldn't sleep on the B3. The new one is really, really good.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

seems like a very reasonable price for 3 new synths. Basically 3 for the price of 2.

Good luck with V7 :tu:

As I said in the other thread, the price for VCollection user is 199 so if it is not the price you are getting it is a bug in our system and will be fixed.
There is a special price for people who bought vc6 in the last 6 weeks.

SJ_Digriz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:21 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:15 pm As a quick review- all the new instruments (inc. B3 V2) sound amazing, this is really top draw stuff.
I was just saying in the other thread that people shouldn't sleep on the B3. The new one is really, really good.
The new Analog Lab 4 is also superb…..

Just got an e-mail from Arturia, upgrade for $99 until June 10.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:53 pm Kevin, I have been a loyal Arturia customer since V3.

My upgrade price is $299. That's OVER half the cost of the entire package and it's for all of 3 new instruments...

Not double-checking the math here but like Wags said - that's $16.62 / instrument new, almost $100 per instrument upgrade? It's almost a "give away the razor but charge for the blades" proposition.

I get the problem, from a pricing standpoint, for Arturia - as the collection grows, the cost for the new package would need to go up significantly to account for the new content. So to counterbalance it's almost becomes like a subscription service.

However, some of that older content is getting quite dated.

I don't like to comment too much on pricing (and working for a small business I'm often on the other end), but it does feel a bit unbalanced. I don't think I'd hesitate at $99 or slightly more, and would gladly offer that consistently for the content that's been coming.

Return to “Instruments”