Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Gamma-UT wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:28 pm
secretkillerofnames wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:29 pm Does playing a Flight Simulator qualify you to fly a plane?
It can certainly help you learn but without logging hours in a metal tube suspended in air focused on avoiding fiery death you ain't flying!
So, using real analogue synths is hours of mindnumbing boredom punctuated by moments of fear? OK, good to know. Not sure where the fear comes in with synths but, hey ho, YMMV.
You have fear it breaks or gets stolen. The nightmares are of the kind where the synth eats up all the space of your flat. Or you have a sound in mind and no matter how much you tweak all knobs you don‘t get it...

B-3 V :D :love: :ud:
Sounds damn good to me.

secretkillerofnames wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:29 pm Does playing a Flight Simulator qualify you to fly a plane?
It can certainly help you learn but without logging hours in a metal tube suspended in air focused on avoiding fiery death you ain't flying!
Bad comparison. With soft synths, you have exactly the same sonic experience as with hardware synths. The only thing which differs is the operation. Or - when talking about analog synths - the subtle differences in sound. Of course you can argue that that's the essence of the experience, and, i'd even understand that partly. Still, virtual synthesizers also make sound, and that's what's important.

Many pilot licenses require simulator hours along with actual flight hours.

chk071 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:41 pm
Bad comparison. With soft synths, you have exactly the same sonic experience as with hardware synths. The only thing which differs is the operation. Or - when talking about analog synths - the subtle differences in sound. Of course you can argue that that's the essence of the experience, and, i'd even understand that partly. Still, virtual synthesizers also make sound, and that's what's important.
So true, and also with analog synths, the subtle differences in sound are often lost in the recording process/mix....its only really live you hear it.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

or not. :shrug:

I’ll be passing on this one, $199 is not appealing for a product I’ve upgraded since v3.

AnX wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:25 pm
simmo75 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:19 pm
modularg2 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:06 pm My loyalty discount price as logged is 99€
Do you own hardware from them too?
Trying to work out why you would be offered $99 upgrade and others that own everything are being offered $299? Real shitty from Arturia.
I

bought in last 6 weeks might be the $99 offer

$299 is fake news, its $199
Same here, 99 and i purchased V6 1 month ago

The market is oversaturated
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:43 pm The market is oversaturated
There must be a plug in that can fix that?

Zipede wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:53 pm
iZotope RX7? :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

So is the Mellotron V somehow a collaboration with Markus Resch?
(https://www.mellotron.com/)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sadly, the CZ doesn't appear to like my CZ230S sysex dumps. The CZ230S was my first synthesizer and has a special place in my heart. I used to have two of them sync'd over MIDI and used the internal sequencers to copy chart songs at the time. I'd like to be able to have those patches again.

Return to “Instruments”