Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Mk2 means they were sampled directly from Mellotron Mark 2 tapes. AFAIK, I think those samples were supplied to Arturia directly by Mellotron.

http://mellotron.com/rework.htm

http://mellotron.com/soundframe.htm
Fernando (FMR)

teacue wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:05 pm
4damind wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 12:27 pm The Mk2 samples like the accordion are from Arturia or a newer Mellotron?
In the Mellotron V Preset "d'Accord" there are two Accordions:
"Mk2 FrenchAcc" which sounds to me similar to the M-Tron Pro "French Accordion" from the "Streetly Tapes 1" bank
and "Mk2 Accordion" which sounds to me similar to the M-Tron Pro "Italian Accordion" from the "Streetly Tapes 2" bank.
That's interesting!
I've searched a bit for the Mellotron and found that there are a lot different versions. So Lotuz2019 could be right too. There was a Mellotron Mark II (1964).

In the Synthi: is there a way to
1) Save a function MSEG to a MSEG preset
2) copy paste a function MSEG to another slot in the functions pane.

That's interesting!
I've searched a bit for the Mellotron and found that there are a lot different versions.
For me getting to know more about the history is half of the fun of VST instruments that are based on vintage gear. :)

This thread made me realize that the new instruments are pretty cool, and I need to familiarize myself with the ones in 6 first before diving in and buying the upgrade.

Really great to hear that the new B3 update is making people happy, good B3 emulations are always useful to me.

Love the CZ V, I own the VCZ (including Kasio M4L) and the new one sounds much better. It's something that I've been waiting for so long! Really enjoying the sound and the extended possibilities. It's my most favorite synth for now, followed by Pigments and Dune 3. Mellotron V is also cool, especially as a unique sounding vintage sampler to accompany TAL Sampler and Morgana. I own XILS 4 but glad to have the Synthi V as an alternative, which sounds great as well. That and the Buchla Easel V are my favs for odd ball stuffs. With Blue 3 V2 and B5 V2, I never really use the B3 V1. But the new update is really make it usable and comparable with those two. I'm not sure if it's just me, but kinda feel an improvement from the older synths as well. Overall another great and well thought out update.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

edit: egg on my face. I've been looking for a way to drive the filters, when overdrive at the end seems to work great to get closer to the sound I expect.

These patches are inspired for the Synthi. Patch programming is fantastic.
Last edited by functionform on Mon May 13, 2019 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

The 3 semitone leap on the mello v explains the missing texture to me. Really feel like we got a little underdelivered there. I would really love a complete semitone set recreation.

CONGRATULATIONS X UPGRADE POLICY .... I am a very disappointed old customer ... I opened my account yesterday to understand the upgrade policy and I find this price very high ... and I see from the forums that it's not just me who's giving me money
I understand that in any case upgrades cannot be free and that there is an upgrade price but you have to take into account that old customers are the ones who gave you confidence from the beginning and have allowed you to be where you are today .... and you make these crazy prices! ... I think of selling everything and leaving this company!

houseglue wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:42 am CONGRATULATIONS X UPGRADE POLICY .... I am a very disappointed old customer ... I opened my account yesterday to understand the upgrade policy and I find this price very high ... and I see from the forums that it's not just me who's giving me money
I understand that in any case upgrades cannot be free and that there is an upgrade price but you have to take into account that old customers are the ones who gave you confidence from the beginning and have allowed you to be where you are today .... and you make these crazy prices! ... I think of selling everything and leaving this company!
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Dunno. 66 euro per synth + free B3 upgrade and a free Analog lab 4.
Seems fair to me.

You can always skip this upgrade and join the next.
Skipping an upgrade is always the best bang for the buck with any bundle.

Though i was really pissed-off due to above nuance in SynthiV, but damn, after intensive demoing during last weeks, i frankly very impressed how can sounds\works frequency modulation in his matrix (besides "output ch" source working nature), exactly in\near extreme values. This is something. I have not heard such non-linearity character in any of virtual instruments yet. Amazing work. And switching between modern\vintage engine gives to this quest a special power\fascination.
This is powerful circumstance, the sound of which can say negates its awry solution in engine.

What else, the CZ not impressed, especially need note his weak unison (detune), and with that, unison can enormously eat cpu - what looks quite unwarranted. No, i do not want to say that this is some worthless synth, no, there is a pair of non-uninterestingly moments, like custom waveform and a bit deeper than usual envelopes engine. But mainly, this is a rather ordinary synt, with not a bad reverb, arpeggiator and a set of presets. (Before that, I have never dealt with this Casio model, neither in soft nor in hardware form, so maybe i don't understand or miss something). Honestly, before i thought that here will be some kind of FM character (based on comments from various places), but it seems all easier a much.

About Mellotron, can't say anything, not a fan, narrowly focused thing, though liked mechanical sounds.

In general, if would be ability to grab single Synthi for cheaper price than whole bundle upgrade, i would to do it, but it the same.

If you are an existing user than you can pick up the Synthi for 99 euro. So yes, you can. :)

Make sure you are logged in on the website to see your price.

Stefken wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:56 pm If you are an existing user than you can pick up the Synthi for 99 euro. So yes, you can. :)

Make sure you are logged in on the website to see your price.
Practically yes, but upgrade price is 99 for me too, so my human incredible greed does not allow to miss this opportunity. Rather, here a key reason is the same price, than ability to grab only that you really need.

Now I wonder how you get that upgrade price? I have the full collection (latest one) , pigments, 3 amps...
You have Arturia hardware as well?

I understand you have a big problem. I would have been better if your upgrade was 200. Then you were better off getting the Synthi V for 99 euro (also). :clown:

Return to “Instruments”