Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Stefken wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:39 pm Now I wonder how you get that upgrade price? I have the full collection (latest one) , pigments, 3 amps...
You have Arturia hardware as well?
No, nothing special, no hardware, i already wrote viewtopic.php?p=7382259#p7382259 these are promotion rules.
Stefken wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:39 pm I understand you have a big problem. I would have been better if your upgrade was 200. Then you were better off getting the Synthi V for 99 euro (also). :clown:
In some sence you right, perhaps it would be better option for me.
The big problem that this event coincided with the May madness in Propellerhead shop, thats really bad.

Bad things come in threes so surely there was yet another bargain?

Stefken wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:27 pm Bad things come in threes so surely there was yet another bargain?
Sorry i not quite understand question (my english not very well).

c_voltage wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:38 pm
Stefken wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:27 pm Bad things come in threes so surely there was yet another bargain?
It was a joke :D

Anyway, I wish all my problems were like this one of yours :wink:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:46 pm
c_voltage wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:38 pm
It was a joke :D
Oh got it hehe.

Probably going to hold off. I have v6 and would like to get v7, but an update costing 50% of the whole collection seems a bit much.
Not denying a lot of work went into the new synths and on a flat scale they might be worth it, but in the current market I could take the same money, less even, and get something like IK Multimedia's Syntronik or UVI's Synth Anthology, i.e. a whole new collection.

steviemac2000 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:30 pm Probably going to hold off. I have v6 and would like to get v7, but an update costing 50% of the whole collection seems a bit much.
Not denying a lot of work went into the new synths and on a flat scale they might be worth it, but in the current market I could take the same money, less even, and get something like IK Multimedia's Syntronik or UVI's Synth Anthology, i.e. a whole new collection.
That‘s exactly their problem...

steviemac2000 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:30 pm Probably going to hold off. I have v6 and would like to get v7, but an update costing 50% of the whole collection seems a bit much.
Yeah I picked up Syntronik for $70 back when it was on sale. It's a bit different from V Collection, since it's essentially a ROMpler, but different isn't necessarily bad. I already have all the modeled synths in V Collection 6 anyway.

Speaking of V Collection 6, all my V6 synths just received an update. Not sure what's new, but it's good to see that Arturia are still supporting their old customers and not suspending support of V6.

For anyone still on the fence about it, Arturia is offering a free trial of V Collection 7 until June 4: https://www.arturia.com/support/vc7-getfreetrial

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Yes, still on "the fence".
Pretty much okay with Analog Lab as a preset player. So how many more "presets" would collection 7 add to it?

I’m not sure, but I thought I saw some mention of “200” or so new presets. (Don’t quote me on that, though. 😉)

I haven’t actually used Analog Lab much in any of the V Collections I’ve owned, but I found this over the weekend on using Analog Lab 4: https://youtu.be/JA7WTvyQVN4

It’s pretty cool how you can split or layer synths in AL 4, add “master” effects to the combined sound in the virtual mixer, and do some other interesting things.

I’m not much of a fan of the Casio or Synthi sounds...and I have three fairly decent Mellotron synths already—five if you count the free ones. Arturia’s seems quite flexible and has some interesting features, but...I don’t know. Maybe if I didn’t already have UVI’s and IKMM’s stuff. :shrug:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

V-Collection 5 and 6 user here. So, I updated to the latest versions of all the instruments. I went back and deleted AL3, B-3 V, Piano V thinking it would just be 'cleaner'. Today I decided to put the three back so I downloaded the past versions from my Arturia account and installed them. It all went basically fine.

But here's where it gets weird. I'm on macOS 10.14.5. In Logic Pro X under 'Arturia' there are two instances of Analog Lab 3 'Stereo' showing - no Analog Lab 4. But, then in Live 10 both versions are individually listed and function normally. The other plugs work fine. Both component files have unique names.

I'm at a loss here. Anybody?

Vaultnaemsae wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:43 pm V-Collection 5 and 6 user here. So, I updated to the latest versions of all the instruments. I went back and deleted AL3, B-3 V, Piano V thinking it would just be 'cleaner'. Today I decided to put the three back so I downloaded the past versions from my Arturia account and installed them. It all went basically fine.

But here's where it gets weird. I'm on macOS 10.14.5. In Logic Pro X under 'Arturia' there are two instances of Analog Lab 3 'Stereo' showing - no Analog Lab 4. But, then in Live 10 both versions are individually listed and function normally. The other plugs work fine. Both component files have unique names.

I'm at a loss here. Anybody?
You have no advantage in having Analog Lab 3 installed. Analog Lab 4 completely replaces the former, and there should be no diference in sound (except AL4 having more presets). Having the other installed over may even create problems, with presets of the older one overwriting presets of the new one, and older engines overwriting the newer engines. I advise to uninstall both and reinstall JUST Analog Lab 4.

The other two should pose no problems.
Fernando (FMR)

Odd, version 4 sounds significantly better than version 3 on both of the computers I have it installed on. (Output wise - less distortion.)

Thanks for the tips. I'll try uninstalling 3 again.

Return to “Instruments”