Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
rlared
KVRist
492 posts since 1 Aug, 2016

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:30 am

I just upgraded from 5 to 7. Is it OK to un-install Piano V1 now that I have Piano V2? Or would I lose presets from analog lab?

User avatar
planetearth
KVRAF
1591 posts since 10 Jul, 2006 from Tampa

Re: Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:00 pm

I don't think you'll lose any presets from V1 that weren't included in V2, but did you use V1 in any projects? If you did, those projects won't load properly, since V1 will be missing. You can add V2 into those projects of course, but you won't be able to pull up any settings you used in V1 if it's not there. So if you're going to remove V1, I recommend loading any projects that use it, adding V2 to those projects and setting it up the same way V1 is set. Then you can remove V1 from the projects and from your computer.

Steve
Listen to some of my stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife.

rlared
KVRist
492 posts since 1 Aug, 2016

Re: Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:33 pm

planetearth wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:00 pm
I don't think you'll lose any presets from V1 that weren't included in V2, but did you use V1 in any projects? If you did, those projects won't load properly, since V1 will be missing. You can add V2 into those projects of course, but you won't be able to pull up any settings you used in V1 if it's not there. So if you're going to remove V1, I recommend loading any projects that use it, adding V2 to those projects and setting it up the same way V1 is set. Then you can remove V1 from the projects and from your computer.

Steve
That makes sense. I didn't use V1 in any projects because I thought it sounded pretty crappy :) So sounds like it's safe to delete it! Thanks.

User avatar
planetearth
KVRAF
1591 posts since 10 Jul, 2006 from Tampa

Re: Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:15 pm

Yeah, V1 didn't sound all that great, but V2 was quite an improvement.

Steve
Listen to some of my stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife.

ghettosynth
KVRAF
12083 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Re: Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:12 pm

JerGoertz wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:36 pm
I have V6 and all the fx (preamps, filters, comps). My current offer is $199.

Will update once it hits $99, they can choose whether they get my $99 now or later.
I read that in the voice of the godfather.

JerGoertz
KVRAF
2465 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Re: Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:21 pm

:lol:

"I'll make them an offer they can probably refuse..."

\
\

Image
A well-behaved signature.

madfiddler
KVRist
33 posts since 20 Nov, 2000 from Warwickshire, UK

Re: Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:48 am

It's reviewed in this months Sound on Sound - "at rather less than £20 per instrument, V Collection 7 really is remarkable value.

Yep, because the current owner upgrade price is obviously subsidising bringing in more people they can try and rip off in the future. No buy now, enough is enough.

mholloway
KVRian
1162 posts since 11 Jan, 2009 from Portland, OR, USA

Re: Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

Post Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:36 am

Kevin [Arturia] wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:27 am
As I said in the other thread, the price for VCollection user is 199 so if it is not the price you are getting it is a bug in our system and will be fixed.
There is a special price for people who bought vc6 in the last 6 weeks.
I realize the quote above is very old, but then why am I still getting a $299 upgrade price in the Arturia shop when I'm logged into my account? I own V6. According to the Arturia guy who posted here, as quoted above, my upgrade price should be 199. So apparently, months later, this 'bug in the system' has still not been fixed? Or I'm missing something else?
www.dwifh.com - old-school industrial music by DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER
https://tvhwy.bandcamp.com/releases - classic IDM / electronica by TV HWY

guefe
KVRer
2 posts since 17 Oct, 2004

Re: Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:32 am

Yes. Another few months later it still shows 299 as upgrade price. Strange tactics...
As an owner of V6, Pigments, Spark and several FX this is a huge disappointment.
You just lost my loyality, Arturia.

starflakeprj
KVRian
1168 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Re: Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:03 am

guefe wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:32 am
Yes. Another few months later it still shows 299 as upgrade price. Strange tactics...
As an owner of V6, Pigments, Spark and several FX this is a huge disappointment.
You just lost my loyality, Arturia.
I feel you. In the same situation myself, owning v6, Pigments, SparkLE, KeyLab 61 MkII and AudioFuse. No extras for being a loyal customer for years, they rather monetizing extra from the loyal ones.

Rob Papen, on the other hand, understands how customers should be treated.
Last edited by starflakeprj on Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Core i7-4930K @ 4.1GHz | 64GB DDR3 | Windows 10 Pro | Arturia AudioFuse | Arturia KeyLab mkII | Studio One 4.5 | Reason 10.4 | Bitwig Studio 3.00 | Reaper 5.978 | Renoise 3.1 | FL Studio 20.5 | 500+ VSTs | 200+ REs

SHall1000
KVRist
300 posts since 13 May, 2015

Re: Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:24 pm

Black Friday is not far away.

User avatar
telecode
KVRian
1138 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Re: Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:40 pm

Yup. Wait til Black Fri. I am pretty sure Arturia will have a kick ass sale . Last year their was the best deal on the block.
Just a keep on a goin' a forward, without a single ounce of fear

Image

User avatar
thejonsolo
KVRAF
2143 posts since 13 Apr, 2008 from Charleston, SC

Re: Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:29 pm

I agree. Wait.

Examigan
KVRAF
4923 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Re: Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:31 am

Here's what KVR was talking about last year around Black Friday Arturia-wise:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=514688

AdvancedFollower
KVRist
480 posts since 8 May, 2018 from Sweden

Re: Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:05 am

starflakeprj wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:03 am
guefe wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:32 am
Yes. Another few months later it still shows 299 as upgrade price. Strange tactics...
As an owner of V6, Pigments, Spark and several FX this is a huge disappointment.
You just lost my loyality, Arturia.
I feel you. In the same situation myself, owning v6, Pigments, SparkLE, KeyLab 61 MkII and AudioFuse. No extras for being a loyal customer for years, they rader monetizing extra from the loyal ones.

Rob Papen, on the other hand, understands how customers should be treated.
Though I agree the upgrade price of V6 to V7 was too high, and should have been €99 without waiting for some BF deal, I feel like I'm getting good value from Arturia. I got the 3 delays for €49, 9 effects (3 comps, preamps and filters) for €99, as well as Pigments for €69. Also, they have released several updates to V6 instruments after V7 was released, including Analog Lab V4 and B-3 V2. As for the V7 upgrade, I'm voting with my wallet and not buying it unless it drops to €99 or below. Might even skip it and go straight to V8 whenever that comes out. It's not like I don't have enough synths already...

Return to “Instruments”