Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

c_voltage wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:58 pm
waltercruz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:36 pm I bought V6 update in march ($99) and another $99 to me, living on Brazil, is quite a lot of money tbh.
I got this offer too (did upgrade 5>6 in end of march). And i find such price reasonable for that 3 devices.
But i can understand indignation what regards 199 for v6 early owners (and moreover who did grab Pigment\FXs together with that). Because on the contrary, it is necessary to somehow encourage those who produce support the very first, so to speak in the forefront. It is logical yet. I think 99 should be for all v6 users, as intro. (199 for v5 and so on)
agree 100% with this.

modularg2 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:01 pm And check on Facebook page, there a lot of upset and disappointed costumers as our here that wrote the same.
Another year, same story. This has become an annual event.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Mods - think there is a glitch here in the KVR database. Almost all the posts here were actually made 15 months ago after V Collection 6 came out, but are showing somehow as NEW posts.

"$199 for a load of new instruments?! Arturia are worse than STALIN".

"I bought the previous version half a year ago and they didn't give me this for free. Arturia are worse than AIRBORNE EBOLA".

"Yes they've given me a bunch of new stuff with my old V Collection, but because I have to pay something for the full instruments, Arturia are worse than THE ASTEROID THAT WIPED OUT THE DINOSAURS"

etcs
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk Btw Stalin used rme babyfaces

Haha, it seems Arturia still didn't change their ways :lol:

This discussion has been the same for years now. Some highlights from the last few version updates : No grace period, paying for just bigger gui, no real loyalty discounts, plug-ins gone from bundle etc.

Very surprised that people don't know better by now.

Btw : i only own v3 and my upgrade offer is the same as everybody else :D
More BPM please

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:16 pm
MikeCallon wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:11 pm 299 is the crossgrade price? What's the deal with others stating their upgrade is 99? Is this a bug also or specific to users with a certain combination of software/hardware? I'm a V6, Pigments & all 9 effects owner but my upgrade is still 199.
99 is people who purchased v6 recently.
How recently?
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

fmr wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:41 pm
Pytchblend wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:33 pm Anyone have a list of the tape racks that are included with the Melotron please?
There are 65 tape sounds so, it's hard to publish a list. The sounds are coming from Mark 1, Mark 2, M300 and M400. Which sound or sounds are you looking for?
All of them. I'm especially curious about which racks use original 'vanilla' samples. I think that a list would help answer that.

I have both V Collection 6 and Pigments. Earlier, when I logged into my Arturia account, I saw the upgrade price as $299. Now when I login, it shows $399. Anyone else notice this?
Intel CoreI7, ASUS mobo, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, Win10 64-bit

Maybe try logging out and back in? According to Arturia your price should be $199
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Greenstorm33 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:21 pm Maybe try logging out and back in? According to Arturia your price should be $199
I tried that. Didn't work. Thanks

Quick update, when I add it to my shopping cart, it shows as $299. Still too much
Intel CoreI7, ASUS mobo, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, Win10 64-bit

Surely if they charge $200 a yearly upgrade they can get their servers operational. Download speed is dead.

stuman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:18 pm I have both V Collection 6 and Pigments. Earlier, when I logged into my Arturia account, I saw the upgrade price as $299. Now when I login, it shows $399. Anyone else notice this?
Same here. Went up $100. Must be still working out the kinks in the system.

Has anyone been able to download and .pkg for mac. The download speed is horrendous. Would greatly appreciate someone uploading a mirror

My experience with Arturia's download speed is abhorrent. Slow, stops in the middle, unable to restart, can take a full day plus, to download the new files. And I have 470 mbit service via my ISP. For a $199 upgrade, one would expect a professional download experience. Alas, nothing ever seems to improve nor change with Arturia....

As people have pointed out, same as it ever was, it's just a strange system Arturia have. IMO a logical system would be an introductory upgrade price of $99, for maybe 2-3 weeks, then the regular $199, until right before a new version. This rewards loyalty and early adoption, whereas the system they have in place rewards patience. Personally I'm OK with it only because I own too many synths, and love bug free software, so early adopters pay more, and work out 1.0 release bugs if there are any...

The new stuff looks cool, but not so much that I'm loath to wait, I waited on v6 until $99, waited on the 9 FX collection until it was $99, I can easily wait for the rest.

Oh, and as someone who owns: Pigments, V6, Beatstep Pro and all 9 FX etc. it would be nice if there was some consideration for that, but even better would be an initial upgrade price. :)

Return to “Instruments”