Ranoka
KVRist
284 posts since 4 Jun, 2018 from The UK

Post Fri May 03, 2019 5:29 am

simanus wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 5:08 am
I cant see how to modulate pitch??
Am i blind or ..?
You have to assign and envelope to the FM slot.

functionform
KVRist
347 posts since 13 May, 2017 from Virginia

Re: One Synth Challenge #123: The Qyooo By Full Bucket Music

Post Fri May 03, 2019 5:30 am

Under the FM sliders, choose a source modulator env/lfo etc.

bh9090
KVRist
290 posts since 7 Dec, 2006 from Richmond, VA, USA

Post Fri May 03, 2019 7:33 am

Any way to dial in FM 1 amounts? I'd love to be able to type the values instead of mousing back and forth trying to get to 0.01 or 1.00. It seems for prefer certain values. Using AU version on mac.

schiing
KVRist
299 posts since 27 Oct, 2015

Post Fri May 03, 2019 8:02 am

bh9090 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:33 am
Any way to dial in FM 1 amounts? I'd love to be able to type the values instead of mousing back and forth trying to get to 0.01 or 1.00. It seems for prefer certain values. Using AU version on mac.
I don't know about other DAWs, but Studio One users can adjust the parameter settings more accurately in the "edit mapping" bar with alt+shift.

Medniex
KVRist
68 posts since 16 Apr, 2017 from Rīga

Post Fri May 03, 2019 8:37 am

bh9090 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:33 am
I think that all FB plugins do reset default values on double-click and adjust values by single digit using mouse scroll.
KO :ud:

ilmai
KVRist
343 posts since 25 Aug, 2016 from Helsinki, Finland

Post Fri May 03, 2019 10:33 am

Decided to got for something ambient-ish this time. qyooo seems really nice for evolving textures, although the lack of delay and reverb is a bit unfortunate for this application... I wonder how much is too much with regards to competition rules? :D Here's a small teaser of what I'm working on.

https://soundcloud.com/ilmai/one-synth- ... 03/s-pbi74

schiing
KVRist
299 posts since 27 Oct, 2015

Post Fri May 03, 2019 10:49 am

ilmai wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:33 am
Decided to got for something ambient-ish this time. qyooo seems really nice for evolving textures, although the lack of delay and reverb is a bit unfortunate for this application... I wonder how much is too much with regards to competition rules?
I'm going for ambient as well. I need a big space, so I'm just going to go for it. As long as it's a clean reverb with no modulation or anything, it's basically the same sound in a bigger room as far as I'm concerned :)

Ranoka
KVRist
284 posts since 4 Jun, 2018 from The UK

Post Fri May 03, 2019 11:27 am

ilmai wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:33 am
... I wonder how much is too much with regards to competition rules?
The spirit of OSC is to let the sound of the synth shine through and not process things so far that it's no longer recognisable. Some people choose not to use any external effects, which is also an extra challenge but can make it hard to compete with the better produced tracks. It's also good mixing practice. I know some people's aim is to make commercial quality tracks with free synths and effects.

If the effects are built in you can of course push things as far as you want :D

Some people push things pretty far with external effects. Check out what processing mmGhost uses in his OSC overview vide series for his OB-XD track https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... kMv1PcrKpm

ilmai
KVRist
343 posts since 25 Aug, 2016 from Helsinki, Finland

Post Sat May 04, 2019 12:50 am

Sounds are still s*** but probably going to keep the arrangement short and sweet like this, going for a sci-fi movie intro feel. Couldn't get good brass sounds out of Qyooo yet and still missing percussion, hopefully getting there!

https://soundcloud.com/ilmai/drifting-i ... 04/s-ajjSP

functionform
KVRist
347 posts since 13 May, 2017 from Virginia

Post Sat May 04, 2019 2:23 pm

The example of too much I've seen was using a third party delay to create a KS effect. In my opinion any compressor massive modifies any sound, just look at the oscilloscope effect. So long as the sound resembles the input, I consider it valid.

basa333
KVRer
11 posts since 26 Apr, 2019 from CZ

Post Mon May 06, 2019 1:02 pm

I'v tried to make some presets, my first experiment with Qyooo. I'm newbie, be patient :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

phalgun_pandya
KVRer
2 posts since 4 Sep, 2017

Post Tue May 07, 2019 6:22 pm

has anyone figured out a way to create your own bank?
I can see only 64 presets but no slots to save custom patches.

Full Bucket
KVRian
596 posts since 25 May, 2010 from Hessisch Uganda, Germany

Post Tue May 07, 2019 9:49 pm

It's all in the manual (page 9, see here).
The qyooo (in fact all my synth plug-ins) has 64 internal patches or Programs which can be saved or loaded individually via the "Load/Save Program" function or as a so called Bank via "Load/Save Bank". To call these functions click on the floppy disc symbol at the top of the qyooo, right to the left of the "Full Bucket" heading.

Cheers, Björn

Edit: Typo.

exponent1
KVRist
153 posts since 10 Nov, 2018

Post Tue May 07, 2019 10:23 pm

Full Bucket wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:49 pm
It's all in the manual (page 9, see here).
The qyooo (in fact all my synth plug-ins) has 64 internal patches or Programs which can be saved or loaded individually via the "Load/Save Program" function or as a so called Bank via "Load/Save Bank". To call these functions click on the floppy disc symbol at the top of the qyooo, right to the left of the "Full Bucket" heading.

Cheers, Björn

Edit: Typo.
Thanks for sharing this. Also, the FM sliders don't behave as traditional FM. They mostly change the pitch of the oscillator. Is this the expected behavior? Can we not use one oscillator to FM another oscillator?

Full Bucket
KVRian
596 posts since 25 May, 2010 from Hessisch Uganda, Germany

Post Tue May 07, 2019 10:31 pm

"FM" stands for "Frequency Modulation" (which is pitch modulation). There is no Linear FM in the qyooo in the sense that one oscillator modulates another oscillator's pitch, correct.

Cheers, Björn

Return to “Instruments”