Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
44290 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu May 09, 2019 5:19 am

just delete a load of spaces between the words :)

User avatar
LoveEnigma18
KVRian
543 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Re: Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

Post Thu May 09, 2019 6:31 am

Sinisterbr wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 5:18 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 4:41 am
Who has actually bought Super 8 and can say something about it in under 10 words?
I still didn't buy it, but did play some days ago, and went back again yesterday. I got surprised (as the first time) how inspiring it is to me. The presets are great, the GUI is beautiful and sounds really good (I think it's not on par with XILS/ TAL synths, but stillgood). It lacks some features I'd like to see in this type of synth, but I guess the essential is there.
Thanks for the feedback. :)

I think no one will say anything about a plugin here on KVR in less than 10 words. ;)

User avatar
LoveEnigma18
KVRian
543 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Re: Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

Post Thu May 09, 2019 6:34 am

Oh my, they just dropped Play Series Modular Icons! :hyper:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ntent=4903

I created a topic here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=524914

User avatar
telecode
KVRian
543 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Re: Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

Post Thu May 09, 2019 7:05 am

LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:34 am
Oh my, they just dropped Play Series Modular Icons! :hyper:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ntent=4903

I created a topic here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=524914
sounds good!
Just a keep on a goin' a forward, without a single ounce of fear

Image

User avatar
LoveEnigma18
KVRian
543 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Re: Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

Post Thu May 09, 2019 7:52 am

telecode wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:05 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:34 am
Oh my, they just dropped Play Series Modular Icons! :hyper:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ntent=4903

I created a topic here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=524914
sounds good!
Indeed; excellent sounds with ease of use.

ghettosynth
KVRAF
11521 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Re: Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

Post Thu May 09, 2019 7:49 pm

LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 4:41 am
Who has actually bought Super 8 and can say something about it in under 10 words?
It is way more than the sum of its parts.

tony10000
KVRist
375 posts since 4 Aug, 2017

Re: Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

Post Thu May 09, 2019 8:20 pm

Great design. Great sounds. Cool modulation. Get it!

User avatar
LoveEnigma18
KVRian
543 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Re: Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

Post Thu May 09, 2019 8:44 pm

ghettosynth wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:49 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 4:41 am
Who has actually bought Super 8 and can say something about it in under 10 words?
It is way more than the sum of its parts.
tony10000 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:20 pm
Great design. Great sounds. Cool modulation. Get it!
Thanks guys. I am tempted to buy it now, but after a little more demoing.

ghettosynth
KVRAF
11521 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Re: Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

Post Thu May 09, 2019 11:57 pm

Totally worth the five minutes of copy paste work. These sound great by themselves.

Image

User avatar
spacepluk
KVRist
83 posts since 23 Apr, 2006 from Berlin

Re: Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

Post Fri May 10, 2019 12:00 am

I hope Massive X will be more of this :) The UI is very nice, I'm just missing a way to see all the modulations at the same time.

User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
17987 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Re: Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

Post Fri May 10, 2019 2:29 am

Massive X is a completely different beast.

chk071
KVRAF
19847 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

Post Fri May 10, 2019 2:33 am

ghettosynth wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:57 pm
Totally worth the five minutes of copy paste work. These sound great by themselves.

Image
Good stuff. :tu:

Sinisterbr
KVRist
71 posts since 11 Mar, 2010

Re: Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

Post Fri May 10, 2019 5:16 am

EvilDragon wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:29 am
Massive X is a completely different beast.
I was thinking MX probably won't be as much or more CPU heavy as Super 8, as they probably are aiming a broader audience with this, am I right?

User avatar
telecode
KVRian
543 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Re: Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

Post Fri May 10, 2019 5:49 am

Sinisterbr wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:16 am
EvilDragon wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:29 am
Massive X is a completely different beast.
I was thinking MX probably won't be as much or more CPU heavy as Super 8, as they probably are aiming a broader audience with this, am I right?
Do you find S8 cpu heavy on your system?
Just a keep on a goin' a forward, without a single ounce of fear

Image

chk071
KVRAF
19847 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

Post Fri May 10, 2019 5:51 am

It's quite heavy on mine. Not as heavy as Monark, but, surely in the ballpark of Diva.

Return to “Instruments”