Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Hexfix93
KVRist
33 posts since 28 Feb, 2012 from United States

Post Tue May 14, 2019 12:37 pm

Super 8 has a bitchen filter and killer osc. I think i like it more than the pro 5 from u-he and diva.... But its on par with bs oberhousen.. which i love a lot.

Hex

Sinisterbr
KVRist
71 posts since 11 Mar, 2010

Re: Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

Post Tue May 14, 2019 12:45 pm

Hexfix93 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:37 pm
Super 8 has a bitchen filter and killer osc. I think i like it more than the pro 5 from u-he and diva.... But its on par with bs oberhousen.. which i love a lot.

Hex
Only that it's 1/3 the price. Hahah :)

acid alex
KVRist
96 posts since 23 Feb, 2017

Post Wed May 15, 2019 1:22 pm

MacBook Pro i5 3.1GHz

20% for S8 (eight voices)
10% for Monark

LoveEnigma18
KVRian
543 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Wed May 15, 2019 8:50 pm

A tip for FL Studio, Tools>Macros>Switch smart disable for all plugins helps to reduce CPU usage. That is, even if this setting is enabled in plugin wrapper, after loading the plugin instances, applying it from the macros helps.

whitecloud
KVRist
355 posts since 16 Dec, 2008 from Washington State

Post Fri May 17, 2019 10:08 am

EvilDragon wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:18 am
You can definitely demo it in Reaktor Player, it should open, but there's a time limit. Once you buy it and authorize it, there will be no time limit. But you cannot do any structure edits in the Player (for obvious reasons), for that you do need full Reaktor.
I have Komplete Kontrol S49 MK11 controller and seem to navigate with it OK but in the case of this Demo of Super 8 I am confused. I do have Reaktor Player installed in Native Access but it's not showing up just the full on version When booting KK so get two 30 minute countdowns. One for Super 8 which is how it should be and one for Reaktor. Super 8 loads from the hardware KK 49 browser, but if I buy this synth I'd like to see if it can load in player. Trouble is there is no way I can see how to load or bring up Reaktor Player in KK software. I am concerned I would still get the Demo limitation of Reaktor which for now don't plan on buying. So thought I'd ask here or how ever long it takes to hear from NI which I haven't contacted yet.

EvilDragon
KVRAF
17987 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Post Fri May 17, 2019 12:57 pm

When you load Super 8 in KK, you're loading it in Reaktor (Player). If you buy Super 8, you won't have any demo timeouts, because Reaktor Player is meant to run authorized Reaktor Player ensembles, like Super 8.

whitecloud
KVRist
355 posts since 16 Dec, 2008 from Washington State

Post Fri May 17, 2019 2:32 pm

EvilDragon wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:57 pm
When you load Super 8 in KK, you're loading it in Reaktor (Player). If you buy Super 8, you won't have any demo timeouts, because Reaktor Player is meant to run authorized Reaktor Player ensembles, like Super 8.
Thanks I just had another Demo session but noticed this time the top "Timeout box" and right below it says factory content and of course below it is the 2nd one for Super 8. So as you say both go away when it gets authorized. I will buy this one, easy to program and nice sounding to Boot. I hope the preset management isn't wonky though

Return to “Instruments”