Is there any VST out there that can replace Integra?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
tristan-
KVRian
520 posts since 11 Dec, 2004

Post Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:26 pm

Bippo wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:17 pm
I guess better late than never...

The yamaha moxf, however, is a total BEAST.
I know the modx is out but I'm not interested on the fm engine, and the awm2 engine is that same one in the moxf, and moxf is cheaper.
I'm sorry but you were misinformed. XF data comprises approx 25% of the AWM2 data of the Montage/MODX. It has many more amazing sounds that don't involve FM and don't exist on the XF platform. MOXF is very nice indeed, but MODX is x4 nicer for the AWM2 side alone imo. New guitars, leads, strings, keys, pianos, voices, what not.

Also, I dont think you understood all the differences between MOXF and MODX. The FX are of MUCH higher quality, touchscreen, ease of use, making new performances out of existing ones is a breeze.
Regarding the FM sounds - most of them are hardly the usual newer FM VST EDM style of sounds, or old DX7 sounds. If you'd heard the programmed brass sounds, keys (even TX816) or lead sounds you'll be amazed at the quality of those. After replacing my XF with Montage I ended up using them all the time because they're just stunning.

Bippo
KVRist
107 posts since 1 Mar, 2019

Re: Is there any VST out there that can replace Integra?

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:43 am

I'm really satisfied with the moxf, I'm aware that the modx has awm2 sounds that aren't in the moxf, but I really have more than enough in the moxf.
Regarding the sequencing and touchscreen, I don't mind about these because I use my daw for sequencing and all the editing.

Anyway, both the modx and moxf are really great instruments.

pluton
KVRer
21 posts since 3 Jan, 2020

Post Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:45 am

Bippo wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:17 pm
I guess better late than never...

I'm the Op of this thread, I posted it 7 months ago and I see it got back to the first page, guess it's a good sign that I should tell what my final decision was :ud:

Basically I don't have time to start browsing through different kontakt libraries and wait for the loading times or tweaking the hell out of flat sounding vsts, my goal is to compose and create, not being a sound designer or collecting 50gb libraries for each instrument category, so I ended up buying roland fa and yamaha moxf.

The roland is nice but I will probably sell it because most of its acoustic sounds are cheesy pcm sounds, there are not enough acoustic sounds from the supernatural engine and all the available online content for the fa are from the pcm engine.

The yamaha moxf, however, is a total BEAST.
I know the modx is out but I'm not interested on the fm engine, and the awm2 engine is that same one in the moxf, and moxf is cheaper.
Yamaha also released a top notch pc editor so I use it basically just like a vsti, but in contrast to all rompler vstis out there..I don't spend even half a second tweaking the sounds or waiting for loading times.

Each category has an excellent array of high quality production ready sounds, I love the fact that I've got everything that I need (drums,piano,guitars etc) in one tool. That's really boosted my creativity and makes everything 10x easier.

To sum it up, I've tried almost every rompler vst out there...nothing comes close to the moxf.
If someone read this thread and is looking for a rompler, I would highly suggest to abandon the vsts realm and stick to one of the big 3.
Thanks for the recommendation about the moxf.
Im also looking to get hardware synth rompler due to vst raw not-production-ready sound quality and slowness of patch loading.

I have many vst synths and kontakt libraries, but my friend's Yamaha Genos totally destroys my entire software collection.

I really love the sound of ketron audya and sd9 arranger keyboards, but theyre arrangers and pretty pricey

Devastator
KVRist
33 posts since 24 Feb, 2013

Post Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:58 pm

tristan- wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:55 am
Steve Bolivar wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:01 am
What is the average size of an Integra patch? The entire SRX-02: Concert Piano Expansion Board is only 64MB (0.064GB). The average Integra patch is fairly small compared to the average soft synth romper patch. Maybe that's why the Integra patches load so fast.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I think it's great they can get good sound with a small sample size.
The Integra 7 has a couple of Mini SD cards probably for the EXPs inside so probably a good few GBs and no, nobody managed to unlock the data inside them. It makes also sense that the raw data of the SN sounds are stored in non volatile memory cells. My guess is ~32gb as a rough estimation but it doesn't matter. How much data is stored in the Montage for comparison? Should be similar imo.
No, it has one slow 4GB SDCard with about 800MB of data on it plus 384MB of flash soldered to the board.

Return to “Instruments”