FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

RobinWood wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:09 pm No. Voijtech wrote he doesn't follow the MSF threads created there because they're too much & confusing. I thought the smart people in here could point me into right directions instead of bashing feature requests and criticism :wink:
As it can plainly and objectively be seen, Vojtech participates daily in the Melda forum.

Which software synth does audio rate filter modulation very well? In the sense of "as analog as possible".

To better understand the issue with audio rate filter modulation I would like to have an example synth for comparison.

RobinWood wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:59 pm
RobinWood wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:05 pm So I demoed it some time and I got some impressions and questions:

- installer gave AV warning as usual, still has these ugly shades of green and it likes to always install both 32 & 64bit
- loading the supersaw device take 10 seconds and everything freezes during that time
- supersaw devices uses 13% cpu... bloody hell
- loaded kick factory device, locked volume and pitch in the globals tab, switched through kick factory presets, values changed - what's the purpose of the lock then?
- Is there no horizontal scrolling? Loaded the unison in the generator (which looked really distorted similar to the FM) and in it a oscillator which was barely visible on the edge. Vertical scroll bar yes, but horizontally no. Couldn't use it.
- Couldn't find MPowerSynth in the generators.
- Do I have to draw each harmonic individual in the additive module? And modulating also separate?
- Where is the global mod matrix to see what is modulating? Can't expect a user to step through each module until they find it.
- After I finally found the Arp, it is running out of sync and triggers more or less notes randomly but never consistent
- Is there an Arp per OSC?

any1?
- you can change the gui via settings, global settings.*
- can't reproduce that, loads quite quickly, a lot of stuff in it.**
- supersaw, is very easy on my cpu
- don't know
- there is horizontal scrolling, now i can't find it. you can however make each section smaller or wider just like a window.
- mpowersynth is not a generator. it can be found in effects.
- yes, that is the idea of additive. resynthesis i did not find yet...
- global mod matrix? i do not know
- arp plays well her
- there is one arp, a global one (maybe in later versions)

perhaps you can better place this in the meldaproduction subforum... these are answers of a beginner with msoundfactory.

*disable your AV, while installing. it indeed places 32 bits dll's, not necessary.. fault in installer i guess.
**again better place in in the meldeproduction thread. and mention: OS, some system details and DAW.

RobinWood wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:09 pm
mevla wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:05 pm
RobinWood wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:59 pm any1?
Did you ask in the Melda forum ?
No. Voijtech wrote he doesn't follow the MSF threads created there because they're too much & confusing. I thought the smart people in here could point me into right directions instead of bashing feature requests and criticism :wink:
I totally get how Voijtech (or anyone for that matter) would have a hard time sifting through threads like these in search of relevant and usefull info...

Kwurqx wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:30 pm I totally get how Voijtech (or anyone for that matter) would have a hard time sifting through threads like these in search of relevant and usefull info...
This one here, yes, naturally. However, it's all right in the Melda forum. It's like, many people from here are not posting in the Melda forum, so to simply say.

- Is there no horizontal scrolling? Loaded the unison in the generator (which looked really distorted similar to the FM) and in it a oscillator which was barely visible on the edge. Vertical scroll bar yes, but horizontally no. Couldn't use it.
there's a pop-out button for each module to the right of the modules name - then you can resize that dragging bottom right.
Last edited by OneOfManyPauls on Thu May 16, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:07 pm
there's a pop-out button for each module to the left of the modules name - then you can resize that dragging bottom right.
o yes forgotten about that, use it.. quite usefull...

WasteLand wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:23 pm
So I demoed it some time and I got some impressions and questions:

- installer gave AV warning as usual, still has these ugly shades of green and it likes to always install both 32 & 64bit
- loading the supersaw device take 10 seconds and everything freezes during that time
- supersaw devices uses 13% cpu... bloody hell
- loaded kick factory device, locked volume and pitch in the globals tab, switched through kick factory presets, values changed - what's the purpose of the lock then?
It locks the setting when changing to another preset with the same module
WasteLand wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:23 pm- Is there no horizontal scrolling? Loaded the unison in the generator (which looked really distorted similar to the FM) and in it a oscillator which was barely visible on the edge. Vertical scroll bar yes, but horizontally no. Couldn't use it.
I've never seen a horizontal scroll bar, but the gui can be easily extended in both directions, which is necessary when some center-panel controls appear overlapping. The panels on either side can all be collapsed if needed.
- Couldn't find MPowerSynth in the generators.
- Do I have to draw each harmonic individual in the additive module? And modulating also separate?
WasteLand wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:23 pm- Where is the global mod matrix to see what is modulating? Can't expect a user to step through each module until they find it.
There isn't one, but there is a Map popup, which can be very long as there are so many possible targets (virtually everything).

- After I finally found the Arp, it is running out of sync and triggers more or less notes randomly but never consistent
- Is there an Arp per OSC?
No, but any loaded synth fx can run its own arp.
any1?
- you can change the gui via settings, global settings.*
- can't reproduce that, loads quite quickly, a lot of stuff in it.**
- supersaw, is very easy on my cpu
- don't know
- there is horizontal scrolling, now i can't find it. you can however make each section smaller or wider just like a window.
- mpowersynth is not a generator. it can be found in effects.
- yes, that is the idea of additive. resynthesis i did not find yet...
- global mod matrix? i do not know
- arp plays well her

perhaps you can better place this in the meldaproduction subforum... these are answers of a beginner with msoundfactory.

*disable your AV, while installing. it indeed places 32 bits dll's, not necessary.. fault in installer i guess.
**again better place in in the meldeproduction thread. and mention: OS, some system details and DAW.

Thanks WasteLand! Well I didn't know about the pop up function, but I find it quite contra productive to have to pop out elements to work with them. Full HD should offer more than enough space :D I also notice that vertical scrolling is very hard in many modules because it rather sends the mousewheel events to controls than to the window for scrolling.
WasteLand wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:23 pm - mpowersynth is not a generator. it can be found in effects.
I see. That doesn't make sense to me.
WasteLand wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:23 pm - yes, that is the idea of additive
Probably a misunderstanding. I was refering to clicking them in 1 by 1. The harmonics view in the oscillator can be drawn with one mouse swoosh :D Don't even know what's the difference between the additive module and the harmonics mode.
WasteLand wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:23 pm - arp plays well her
The arp is set to 16th notes and I send him an 8th note via MIDI, then an 8th silence. I'd expect the arp to trigger exact 2 16th notes, but it's alternating between 2 or 3. Like it has timing differences between the MIDI signal and an internal clock for the arp. No other synth (besides Avenger rarely) has this problem here.
WasteLand wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:23 pm *disable your AV, while installing
No 8) It gives me warning with every melda installer version. I rather think there's something in the installer that should be fixed since no other installer makes it trigger ^^
Last edited by RobinWood on Thu May 16, 2019 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:28 pm It locks the setting when changing to another preset with the same module
Yes, but stepping through the kick factory device presets is done inside this module, or? There are no other presets for this global tab specifically if I see that right.

RobinWood wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:30 pm I also notice that vertical scrolling is very hard in many modules because it rather sends the mousewheel events to controls than to the window for scrolling.
Stumbled on that, too. You have to scroll on the bar or be sometimes surprised!
But would you rather NOT be able to scroll on parameters?

RobinWood wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:33 pm
David wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:28 pm It locks the setting when changing to another preset with the same module
Yes, but stepping through the kick factory device presets is done inside this module, or? There are no other presets for this global tab specifically if I see that right.
From the Help popup:
Lock switch makes the parameter locked or unlocked, so that it isn't changed when browsing devices or using randomization.
So, locking doesn't protect from Device Preset changes.

David wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:54 pm
RobinWood wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:30 pm I also notice that vertical scrolling is very hard in many modules because it rather sends the mousewheel events to controls than to the window for scrolling.
Stumbled on that, too. You have to scroll on the bar or be sometimes surprised!
But would you rather NOT be able to scroll on parameters?
I indeed don't use mousewheel on parameters in general. I'm much quicker to setup the right values my dragging and finetune. Besides my personal preference, other synth offer space where the mouse doesn't effect any parameter when scrolling :lol:
David wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:02 pm
RobinWood wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:33 pm
From the Help popup:
Lock switch makes the parameter locked or unlocked, so that it isn't changed when browsing devices or using randomization.
So, locking doesn't protect from Device Preset changes.
I think that makes these locks not very useful or more specific is another case where the melda understanding of common practice differs or is not that well thought through.

Like in a reverb I want to lock the mix, so when stepping through presets it doesn't change it. Here I wanted to lock the global volume in the kick factory device so when stepping through different kicks, it doesn't get changed.

RobinWood wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:13 pm [I indeed don't use mousewheel on parameters in general. I'm much quicker to setup the right values my dragging and finetune. Besides my personal preference, other synth offer space where the mouse doesn't effect any parameter when scrolling :lol:
Actually, I don't either, and would prefer to be able to scroll anywhere on the panel:) It's certainly worth posting about over at the Melda forums, even though these days almost every FR post has a "no time" or an argument against reply from Vojtech.

I think that makes these locks not very useful or more specific is another case where the melda understanding of common practice differs or is not that well thought through.

Like in a reverb I want to lock the mix, so when stepping through presets it doesn't change it. Here I wanted to lock the global volume in the kick factory device so when stepping through different kicks, it doesn't get changed.
It seems that locking only works on the Global Preset level, or when switching Devices, NOT on the Device Preset level, which I'd also prefer, and is again worth asking about.

akeia wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:22 pm Which software synth does audio rate filter modulation very well? In the sense of "as analog as possible".

To better understand the issue with audio rate filter modulation I would like to have an example synth for comparison.
-u-he repro ,bazille , zebra xmf filters
-Latest Reaktor 6 core filters with zdf implementation , doing a great job at audio rate filter , reaktor
blocks where everything runs at sample rate ( like most software modulars that do it right )
-N.I. reakotr monark and the latest super 8
-synapse audio dune 3 , the legend
-tal talmod , sh101 (commercial version )
-cytomic the drop ( filter plugin )
-xils lab etccc

Too many too mention
Demo them yourself , and you'll found out
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”