FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

I can't seem to find the designer for mturbo reverb in MSF , not in ez and edit screen
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

David wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:15 pm I'm describing the other way, using the main gui MIDI button, without MPs.
Well, here that way works straight away, no fuss.

David wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:13 pm IS there a "developer's" version not shown at the site, that can make separate vsts? No doubt the dev himself uses something like that…
Not only Vojtech, but other people in the Melda forum who are designing presets for some of the Turbo series. So yes, I'm around 80-90% sure there exist another version for generating those plugins. Which would make a lot of sense considering the general software approach adopted by Melda.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:37 pm I can't seem to find the designer for mturbo reverb in MSF , not in ez and edit screen
You mean this?:

(it's got it's own Edit/Ez modes—just like MXXX does)

unlocked, people who made just one post off topic were told to stay out and I mean it, my post this morning was politely stated and I was quite clear...it really is very disrespectful to just ignore me, so here you have it...again I'll say it...dont go off topic again
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

oh yeah since the topic is about MSF being on sales i just thought
how does it compare to serum now
it has proper wavetable now with some pretty good filters ??
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Apratim wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:18 am oh yeah since the topic is about MSF being on sales i just thought
Well I think that serum as Icarus is way more easier to use of course, Msoundfactory is more deep and the possibilities by far bigger, but the best way to see MSF is like a Synth-workstation like, not just a synth. Think about Falcon, Omnisphere, Halion... something like that, but with a different work flow and way to use. But the sampler hasn't been added yet, it seems that will be the final point for the official release and the price of course will be like 3 times what is now, now we have it as a Beta.

Also in addition that is all Melda's catalog (Mdrummer, MXXX, Mpowersynth, Mturboreverb...), the only thing is that it can't be used as effect, I don't know if will be possible, but will be available for MXXX and MXXXcore as effect I think.
Last edited by JunSev on Sat May 18, 2019 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

The wavetable module is decently good, but no at a level of Icarus just to be honest yet, it does the job pretty well.

About the filters Melda said is working in Mturbofilter or something like that, for now does the job, Mturbofilter seems to be a bigger step too as a module.

So yeah, all of this is an incredible bargain, perhaps the best deal a have seen by far.

JunSev wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:26 am
Apratim wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:18 am oh yeah since the topic is about MSF being on sales i just thought
Well I think that serum as Icarus is way more easier to use of course, Msoundfactory is more deep and the possibilities way more bigger, but the best way to see MSF is like a Synth-workstation like, not just a synth. Think about Falcon, Omnisphere, Halion... something like that. But the sampler hasn't been added yet, it seems that will be the final point for the official release and the price of course will be like 3 times what is now, now we have it as a beta.
for now its 99 which i think it will be the only time its available at that cheap
but even at full cost (299) and considering the 50 % sales vojtech always has on different vst
i would say the effective cost to consider would be 149 which i think is much cheaper than
Falcon , Omni , Halion and even serum
and with free lifetime updates
(i know serum and falcon dont have one)
so i think we have a synth with balls here ??
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Depends what you want to achieve. The per voice FX puts msf leagues ahead in sound.

The instant usability and wavetable creation of serum is leagues ahead of msf.

The filters in serum even now I find are meh. The drive parameter just sounds like turning up the volume with digital clipping. In msf the sound begins to transfom in pleasing ways.

Also the FX do not compare.

David wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:15 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:37 pm I can't seem to find the designer for mturbo reverb in MSF , not in ez and edit screen
You mean this?:

(it's got it's own Edit/Ez modes—just like MXXX does)

First time I opened it in MSF I found the equation editor but now I've clicked around on other tabs I can't find my way back to it - where is it located? GUI is confusing to say the least with multiple tabs.

Really a lot things for €99 but the GUI is a bit in my way (remember, just my personal opinion).
Sound wise i still search for something to impress me here. Not sure yet what to think and how much time is left to demo. It overlaps a lot with my other tools without a really outstanding thing so far.
But this is just a first impression and i think it still is a bargain if you like to work in this environment and i guess it will get more on top over time.
But yes, at least on my macbook, the GUI is no joy to work with for longer time and the general sound is indeed a bit harsh and digital to me.
Opinion can change of course.
Not sure if i missed it but is there an option for microtuning?

Cinebient wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:01 am Really a lot things for €99 but the GUI is a bit in my way (remember, just my personal opinion).
Sound wise i still search for something to impress me here. Not sure yet what to think and how much time is left to demo. It overlaps a lot with my other tools without a really outstanding thing so far.
But this is just a first impression and i think it still is a bargain if you like to work in this environment and i guess it will get more on top over time.
But yes, at least on my macbook, the GUI is no joy to work with for longer time and the general sound is indeed a bit harsh and digital to me.
Opinion can change of course.
Not sure if i missed it but is there an option for microtuning?
No idea about the microtuning (yet), however..

1: The FX section kicks all other synths into the long grass bar none.
2: The sheer amount of macros and macro morphing capabilities - see above
3: The routing capabilities - see above

Those are the main reasons to part with 80Eur at this stage

David wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:59 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:50 pm So I made a preset and saved it as a device so it loads from the main menu (I don't like the 2 different preset menus) but when I load it like that it has no controls - where did they go?
They're back in Edit mode.

To have any controls in Device mode, you (or somebody) has to build them. If you didn't in this case, that's why:)

Intro to building, 2nd clip in playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... QJczjG3beA
For some reason EDIT seems to be greyed out when I select this Device now, not sure if I can even delete it?

Since the topic, actually, is that MSF is on sale. Here some thougght about this sale.

Back in the Hi-Fi days there was those all-in-one stereo boxes. Double cassette decks, EQ, radio, record player etc. All in one plastic box. Fairly cheap. Despite the amount of features one couldn't compare those Pioneer boxes with, say, anything from Rotel.

Simply said. I'm not very impressed by MSF. And as a, supposed to be, competitior to HAlion, that I own, and Falcon I can't see that MSF is taking a lead.

To anyone who already have, what MSF is supposed to be, a workstation like HAlion or Falcon I'm curious to hear what the motivations for getting MSF is. PLug.in collection maybe ?

Personally I view MSF for what it is. And to me it's a cheaper, both in price and quality, alternative for anyone who can't afford, say, HAlion. But I don't think one should expect, or even compare, it to be anything like HAlion.

It's a beta. As several others I also think the GUI is incredible poor. And if the developer don't take some care about such an essential thing I would, personally, be a bit careful of what I can expect from the developer.

I also think one should not be, to easily, overwhelmed by the amount of features. A rainbow of colors doesn't automatically mean a better painting.

Summary:

100 bucks for an all-in-one beta with an unknown future isnä't exactly bad. But as an owner of HAlion 6 I would save my money. In my view - my personal opinion - MSF is a bit of a gimmick. But even a gimmick can grow up.

Return to “Instruments”